Thor: Love and Thunder (4K+2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: October 03, 2022
Purchase links: SteelBook Only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on August 26th at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook Only) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: SteelBook has a matte finish

Screenshot 2022-08-23 170814.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-25 154154.jpg

Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had mine delivered (oddly from Evri and not Royal Mail)
Quite washed out colours, no embossing/debossing on the borders, although the borders don’t look as intrusive in real life than on the pictures above (at least IMO)

Its a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me. Not awful, but could of benefitted from more care with the finish.

Attachments

• D4F3E479-4911-4D47-90A5-71D5C91A4D50.jpeg
    D4F3E479-4911-4D47-90A5-71D5C91A4D50.jpeg
    894.3 KB · Views: 83
Quite washed out colours, no embossing/debossing on the borders, although the borders don’t look as intrusive in real life than on the pictures above (at least IMO)

Its a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me. Not awful, but could of benefitted from more care with the finish.
Same here, maybe they took my comments about my lost Poltergeist Steelbook to heart :shipped:

Its a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me. Not awful, but could of benefitted from more care with the finish
Just got mine too, I was expecting Evri but tracking was saying Monday so was a surprise. Ill be honest. I am really really disappointed. The Black Widow and Shag Chi steels are really nice, Every MCU since then has been a ******* letdown and this is no exception. I was expecting raised pattern on the border but maybe that was just me but the flat matte is just meh. Also Zavvi packing is getting out of hand and this is the second steelbook in a week I have gotten that was 3 times too big for the steelbook with no ******* padding.

Wait wait wait, the best buy one is Embossed to all hell and glossy? And we get the totally flat ******* matte washed out piece of shite? I am honestly ****** off.

Reactions: Andycadle84
Not really in the circumstances. I have found HMV and Zavvi using couriers during the recent postal strikes, so I was fully expecting them to use Evri or someone similar for this (some of my HMV purchases have been coming via DPD recently).

Wait wait wait, the best buy one is Embossed to all hell and glossy? And we get the totally flat ******* matte washed out piece of shite? I am honestly ****** off.
Yep, I wouldn't mind if the main art details in the boarder was spot gloss
But it flat and matte slightly metallic
Pretty insulting really.

Glad I cancelled and went with the BB release. I don’t think I’ll risk any more UK Disney releases for the time being as they have been more crap than good.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Glad I cancelled and went with the BB release. I don’t think I’ll risk any more UK Disney releases for the time being as they have been more crap than good.
I'm actually considering trying to source one too. I have seriously not been this disappointed in a steel like maybe ever.

Reactions: BDDB
I think the disappointment level of the steelbook is fairly equal to that of the movie itself.
I just want me cards and booklet!
Book GIF by Gobookmart
That's the thing, I enjoyed it at the cinema. Not every mcu movie has to further the plot and I'm sure it is building to something, but right now it is kinda winding down from Endgame still. I just don't like the UK getting dicked on our steelbook finish compared to best buy...

I think the disappointment level of the steelbook is fairly equal to that of the movie itself.
I just want me cards and booklet!
Book GIF by Gobookmart
I liked it. But then I love ragnarok. One of the things I enjoyed is it’s a self contained film. Not really leading into much else. Which the MCU needed in the middle

Reactions: JinxyKatte