Thor: Love and Thunder (4K+2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: October 03, 2022
Purchase links: SteelBook Only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on August 26th at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook Only) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: SteelBook has a matte finish

Screenshot 2022-08-23 170814.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-25 154154.jpg

Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
So like @JinxyKatte reported a week earlier, once I found the huge package in the shed, I guess put there sometime throughout the last 5 days, my Thor Love & Thunder steel also had no inner packaging to support it. Otherwise the better packaging, this would have gone though my letterbox :facepalm:

I guess void or space is the new packaging then? Steelbooks are attracted to cardboard, so they stick to the side and don't rattle about? How did I not know these facts before?

FFS, seems like history repeats its self where Zavvi save money on packaging, increase of complaints come in, and the packaging that used to work is reinstated. I'm only guessing, as I've never been part of the supply chain and decision making process, but it is going to make me think again about buying steels, unless it's top of the list. It could be down to the hub shipped from, lack of proper packaging etc, but lets see how this one goes down, if a blip or not.

so done with Zavvi-tried to deliver to my work at 8pm on a Saturday, then went missing for 3 days before being delivered in a battered-old box yesterday afternoon. literally going to buy my nephews Marvel steelbooks from bestbuy & @apsmith21 from here on in.

Did anybody else get a shipment notification for the collector's edition? I forgot to cancel my order! I got the dispatched email yesterday (Oct. 8) with tracking number via P2P Trakpak (?)
Feel for you, I have forgotten to cancel orders on Zavvi as well, and then all of a sudden you see the dispatch and realize it was never cancelled. This one I did cancel due to the likely 4k banner and UK ratings being printed on the slip, but will be watching for unboxings to see how it looks.

Reactions: SavageAmusement
How is there no image on the back of the slip? Dr strange had one! The f**king inconsistency’s with Disney are mind boggling. Sick of it, and sh!tty finishes compared to the US. Just blows my mind.

Printed back on the slip FYI

• Wow
Reactions: Boilersteel
My regular copy was delivered yesterday with The Thing TOC, only there was one problem. The delivery box was opened and the steelbook was missing.

They used one of those oversized boxes and it looks as if the cardboard was bent causing the side to tear open. I'll have to reach out to them today, but this is kinda annoying having waited two weeks for an empty box to show up. Hopefully they can just send another out.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
My regular copy was delivered yesterday with The Thing TOC, only there was one problem. The delivery box was opened and the steelbook was missing.

They used one of those oversized boxes and it looks as if the cardboard was bent causing the side to tear open. I'll have to reach out to them today, but this is kinda annoying having waited two weeks for an empty box to show up. Hopefully they can just send another out.
That's ******* horrendous

That's good. But still Zavvis packing has gone downhill lately and it's becoming a worrying trend. I have the £100 rambo due this week and I am petrified it is gonna be packed badly.
Hopefully not. I still have the Collector's Edition for Ex Machina and Casablanca. I decided to cancel The Batarang because there's no way that's arriving all the way here without damage.