Thor: Ragnarok (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre order is live on Saturday August 3rd from 6PM UK time)
Price: £28.99

thor_rag.jpg

12239324-1664693765036242.jpg 12239324-2034693764586752.jpg 12239324-2544693765209066.jpg

Last edited:
The SteelBook has the same internals as the recent lenti magnet SteelBook, and the spine is pretty much the same layout but with a Blu-ray logo instead of 4K.

If you have the lenti steel you can always pop off the front and put the front of this one on and have a “matching” SteelBook with a not brown spine and back.

ojwxVS9h.jpg

72YM70Rh.jpg

*OR*, the red pigment SteelBook has the same interior, but you’d want to find one of the matte versions to match finish if you wished to swap to get a red spine and back.

Yeah, as I said the spine layout is the same aside for the UHD logo being a Blu-ray logo, and it’s not brown but colorful. The interior matches across all three SteelBooks (this new one, lenti magnet, and original red pigment) so you can swap covers/spines and the interior won’t be messed up at all. That’s all I was pointing out. The red pigment SteelBook also has the same helmet on the back but again in red, so that might be an even better “matching” design to swap in if you really hate the brown.

I don’t, I’ll be selling all my copies of these movies anyway after getting the new matching UHD sets. Don’t need 3D, and the discs in these SteelBooks all have disc art for the first time. Pretty much all I could ask for.

• Wow
Reactions: goufcustom
After Dark World they took the much needed soft reboot route for Ragnarok and gave it a much more colorful tone.

Guess we can expect Guardians Vol 2 and Antman & the Wasp from this range as well then? God maybe they'll even do Black Panther, Captain Marvel and all 4 Avengers films in the style as well? I've passed on all of these but they could make a nice set if all they do them all

All four avengers movies are just getting released in the matching A logo style as seen in the 4K SteelBook boxset. Pretty sure that’s what we’re gonna get on that front.

Guess we can expect Guardians Vol 2 and Antman & the Wasp from this range as well then? God maybe they'll even do Black Panther, Captain Marvel and all 4 Avengers films in the style as well? I've passed on all of these but they could make a nice set if all they do them all

Makes sense to me, Disney loves printing money

• Haha
Reactions: dfoles
This is the poster image I've always wanted on a steelbook so it's an instant buy for me. Surprised the inside art is the same though. Time to sell my other copies !

Reactions: djjez83
Yeah, as I said the spine layout is the same aside for the UHD logo being a Blu-ray logo, and it’s not brown but colorful. The interior matches across all three SteelBooks (this new one, lenti magnet, and original red pigment) so you can swap covers/spines and the interior won’t be messed up at all. That’s all I was pointing out. The red pigment SteelBook also has the same helmet on the back but again in red, so that might be an even better “matching” design to swap in if you really hate the brown.

I don’t, I’ll be selling all my copies of these movies anyway after getting the new matching UHD sets. Don’t need 3D, and the discs in these SteelBooks all have disc art for the first time. Pretty much all I could ask for.
ok... I’m trying to understand your point here (not being a jerk really lol) so why do I swap this one with other steelbooks again? Cause as far as I knew I think many people here ask for matching artwork with the other 2 Thor 4K steelbooks... which this one already matched... (hence why do I swap arts?)

ok... I’m trying to understand your point here (not being a jerk really lol) so why do I swap this one with other steelbooks again? Cause as far as I knew I think many people here ask for matching artwork with the other 2 Thor 4K steelbooks... which this one already matched... (hence why do I swap arts?)

Oh, some people don’t like the brown spine or back but those can be swapped with the spine and/or back of the the other SteelBooks and it’ll still look “official” as the interior art is the same among them all. That’s all I was trying to point out. I won’t be swapping anything as I like the bronze back with the silver border on the front tbh.

does anyone know?
have various preorders by zavvi but my credit card has been swapped!
will I lose my preoders or what I have to do?
thanks

I haven't done this in a while but there used to be an option to update your credit card on the order.

You might want to check

does anyone know?
have various preorders by zavvi but my credit card has been swapped!
will I lose my preoders or what I have to do?
thanks
Payment will fail if card used on order is no longer valid
Zavvi will send you a failed payment email with link in email to update payment method on your order
If you don't update payment method in 48 hours when you get that email your order will be cancelled

yes.....! thats good, ok, i hope it, thanks for the information
@paulboland
can you say something about that
There is no option with Zavvi to update payment method in existing orders
Wait for the failed payment email.

You have to wait for failed payment email and use link in that email to change payment if you want to keep existing order or choose option of cancel and do a new order with new card

• Thanks
Reactions: chingie123