Thor: Ragnarok (4K and 3D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: November 26, 2018 (TBC)
Purchase links: 4K - 3D (Pre-order live at 9 AM UK time on Black Friday, November 23)
Price: £31.99 (4K+2D) - £26.99 (3D+2D)
Note: Lenticular

11931162-1114622766885294.jpg

11931162-1404622766745923.png
11931163-2084622765206287.jpg
11931162-8144622766896340.jpg
11931162-2104622766906810.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol when I first started collecting steelbooks I avoided debossed square steelbooks (such as lenti magnet or embossed title) but have learned to appreciate them and suddenly when I actually buy my first new lenti Steelbook it's not debossed

What is happening

Another really nice steel and the depth and clarity in the lenticulars has really improved
Just a shame it has the same problem as the GotG2 steel in that there's no bossing

I'm sorry, but these look absolutely ridiculous. :rofl::hilarious:

Who in their right mind thought this would be a good idea? If this was from Filmarena or any other premium retailer there would be serious backlash.

Are you guys just making yourself think they look good because you parted with £30+ for these?

I think they are a complete laughing stock. Especially as they are a continuation of a line of movies which had proper borders for the rest of them.

Someone must have made a huge cock up here. Just when you think Zavvi couldn't get any worse...... :facepalm:

I don't look at Zavvi Marvel steelbooks as a series either because they use mostly WWA.
I do look at Zavvi Marvel Lenticular steelbooks as a series though because only Zavvi sells them. The Zavvi Marvel Lenticular steelbooks with the border and lenticular magnets are only available from Zavvi in Europe. They are WEA and not available anywhere else. So to me they are a series.

Who in their right mind thought this would be a good idea? If this was from Filmarena or any other premium retailer there would be serious backlash.

Are you guys just making yourself think they look good because you parted with £30+ for these?

I think they are a complete laughing stock. Especially as they are a continuation of a line of movies which had proper borders for the rest of them.

Someone must have made a huge cock up here. Just when you think Zavvi couldn't get any worse...... :facepalm:

There isn't anything wrong with the art on these steelbooks even without the border. Both steelbooks look better than the original steelbooks that were released in Europe. So ditch the lenticular magnet.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012

I think you tell us everyday on here what we shouldn't spend our money on.
You're telling the wrong people. If we are happy to buy these and spend £30 on them then that's what we will do, regardless of whether or not YOU approve.
What matters is that I approve and that I can afford them.
You need to direct your frustration over the pricing towards those that matter. We are mere customers who are slaves to retail.

Merry Christmas to me. :)

Reactions: Shark
There isn't anything wrong with the art on these steelbooks even without the border. Both steelbooks look better than the original steelbooks that were released in Europe. So ditch the lenticular magnet.
Which means they then no longer fit in with the lenticular series from which they are meant to be a part of.......

But I agree. No lenti is better than this cluster f**k! If they didn't have a border, then they should have made it a full size lenticular (like the Hulks)

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I think you tell us everyday on here what we shouldn't spend our money on.
You're telling the wrong people. If we are happy to buy these and spend £30 on them then that's what we will do, regardless of whether or not YOU approve.
What matters is that I approve and that I can afford them.
You need to direct your frustration over the pricing towards those that matter. We are mere customers who are slaves to retail.

Merry Christmas to me. :)
I've said before, everyone is entitled to buy what they want. I don't dispute that.

But if I spent £30+ and received this, I'd be pretty pissed.

Enjoy your wonky magnet for what it is! :p

I actually really like these and I'm now tempted to try and collect the full line of them. The artwork is a big step up from the WWA releases, and the lentis are very decent for the price. My only disappointment is the lack of embossing, and gloss would've been preferred, but zero is still much better than matte!

Surprising releases not making a lot of sense when compared to previous in the collection . . . still, because of how they turned out, a first as far as UK steelbooks go and because the artwork on both is good, the finish is decent and the lenti magnets are sharp I feel that both are worthy additions to any UK Marvel steelbook collection.
Whether this style of unframed 3/4 lenti remains unique only time will tell . . . sees to me the only reason is cost-cutting - sticking a lenti on to a flat surface has got to be cheaper than recessing a frame ...

Granted, not in the same class as the previous Zavvi Disney Marvel lenticular pair - also unique but in a different way - what with the embossing not just to the front artwork but also to the back . . . something I was hoping for and half expecting to see here.

Reactions: robbodoc
I actually really like these and I'm now tempted to try and collect the full line of them. The artwork is a big step up from the WWA releases, and the lentis are very decent for the price. My only disappointment is the lack of embossing, and gloss would've been preferred, but zero is still much better than matte!

Dont give in to the temptation, it's a very expensive slope you'd head down and one that ends in dissapointment in the actual product (some of them really are pretty crap)

Dont give in to the temptation, it's a very expensive slope you'd head down and one that ends in dissapointment in the actual product (some of them really are pretty crap)
It's cheaper than going the BF route though, and although some of these aren't great, they're still much better than the majority of WWA Marvel steels, which is what I currently.

• Thanks
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
It's cheaper than going the BF route though, and although some of these aren't great, they're still much better than the majority of WWA Marvel steels, which is what I currently.

Only problem is, the older ones have this horrible matte metallic shine. It really ruins some of them.

These 2 are so much better in terms of finish compared to the other 2 and the lentis are much much better. But then we loose out on decent bossing

Someone shat the bed with these 2. These desperately need a border. Reminds me of my Canadian Looper.
Ironic a day after the brexit decision and the UK still cannot control its borders.

You mean this Looper ? It had a border

B623D7B7-A46C-4774-BA82-6DD446F2CF8A.jpeg

Just kidding this is actually the prototype it was meant to have debossed border as you see but a mess up got us all the no bossed version.

Only problem is, the older ones have this horrible matte metallic shine. It really ruins some of them.

These 2 are so much better in terms of finish compared to the other 2 and the lentis are much much better. But then we loose out on decent bossing
I already have the Avengers one they did, so kinda know what to expect. I agree the finish on them is crap, but overall the artworks are a lot better than WWA, and at least these all have titled spines.

Reactions: Flloydo
So tempted to pull the trigger. Do the Marvel Lentis drop in price before they sell out? Kinda want to get guardians since I don’t own that yet but $42.50 is a bit too much for no bossing, border or disc art. I could also get the 3D even though it’s useless to me. decisions, decisions

So tempted to pull the trigger. Do the Marvel Lentis drop in price before they sell out? Kinda want to get guardians since I don’t own that yet but $42.50 is a bit too much for no bossing, border or disc art. I could also get the 3D even though it’s useless to me. decisions, decisions
That will depend on amount of stock unsold for a price drop

New Year Sale it's possible but Zavvi have listed some releases as sold out to avoid having a item part of a sale and later relist available after sale finishes so don't be surprised if that happens

If they have a lot of unsold stock you can be sure at some stage price will drop but only them know the answer to stock levels
Some releases suddenly list as sold out and never come back available

Reactions: Nimble Jim