Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #15) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 lenticular, 700 1/4 slip)
Notes: Embossed steelbook
3D and 2D slipcover
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

154907hwwhzurhgddjqhhq.jpg

154903bb9kglb8qe8gl5jm.jpg 154912jreber385hbbu3zo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The finish on this Steelbook is some of the best I've seem....EVER. The matte is a thick zero finish lacquer that compliments the spot gloss perfectly. If only the othe MCU had the same finish as this.

They did an amazing spot gloss on KFP 1 & 2, can't wait to see the spot Gloss on both Thor and Thor 2 as Blufans seem to be really great at Spot Gloss treatment on steels

@domalorite Thanks for the pics ;) Just curious...What's the translation difference between the title on this and the Taiwan version? I see a couple extra characters on the TW slip.

This is what domalorite had wrote me when I asked the difference between the Titles used in China and Taiwan, here is what I was told;
Movies in HK and Taiwan sometimes have different names. No idea why this is, even though both places uses Traditional Chinese character set.

so I would assume HK and China might not have much difference from the response since title is different on Thor 2 from China and Taiwan

Reactions: wjasoncul
Arrived today and the lenti is easily one of the best lenticulars I've ever seen, the level of detail and depth far outstrips any previous Marvel lenti. The steel is just gorgeous with a heavy premium feel like the original Kimchi exclusive steels. This is THE version to own, accept NO substitute! :cool::thumbs:

Arrived today and the lenti is easily one of the best lenticulars I've ever seen, the level of detail and depth far outstrips any previous Marvel lenti. The steel is just gorgeous with a heavy premium feel like the original Kimchi exclusive steels. This is THE version to own, accept NO substitute! :cool::thumbs:

I agree, mine arrived today and it's a beauty! :drool: Pictures don't even begin to do it justice as it must be in hand to fully appreciate.

I agree, mine arrived today and it's a beauty! :drool: Pictures don't even begin to do it justice as it must be in hand to fully appreciate.

So true was worried when read peoples comments saying the lenti was washed out colour wise. I think they must be blind or had a duff copy as mine is very bright and colour reproduction wise is identical to my original promo poster. Steel is just a beauty, they really did make up for loosing the full gloss and it's all the better for it, making it a great match to the Thor 1 steel. Only thing stopping the whole package being 100% perfect is the lack of character card for Sif who deserved one far more than Fandral. :naughty:

Confirmed by myself 30 seconds ago. This Steelbook is indeed heavier than the 2 disc original release by 13gms.
Note that the paint finish is EXTREMELY generous, more like a thick lacquer effect. If CA and CA2 had this same matte finish they would have been OFF THE HOOK.

I thought I mentioned to fellow collectors in the past that Blufans is truly the boss
They've released more WEA steels than any other premium Asian outfit (same thing with WWA exclusive steels)
They have no website but are making a huge impact in the collectible movie game
Thor and Thor 2 are must own (with Thor 1/4 slip leading the charge)

BLUFANS ALL THE WAY

Last edited:
Reactions: Marina Blue
Confirmed by myself 30 seconds ago. This Steelbook is indeed heavier than the 2 disc original release by 13gms.
Note that the paint finish is EXTREMELY generous, more like a thick lacquer effect. If CA and CA2 had this same matte finish they would have been OFF THE HOOK.

Perhaps more effort was put in place to make this standout. Thanks for the additional details.
For me, I wished that Disney-Marvel approved a different artwork.

Im still waiting on mine but from the looks of it, this dusts the Kimchi version as an overall package. But the thing that gives it the heavy edge is the steelbook itself. Truely on another level with the finish, embossing and DISC ART! I like the Kimchi image better but I think Blufans utilizes the depth a lot better with their image. Cant wait to get mine!!!

Im still waiting on mine but from the looks of it, this dusts the Kimchi version as an overall package. But the thing that gives it the heavy edge is the steelbook itself. Truely on another level with the finish, embossing and DISC ART! I like the Kimchi image better but I think Blufans utilizes the depth a lot better with their image. Cant wait to get mine!!!

I agree with you. Though I tend to enjoy BLUFANS products, I think Kimchi Lenti is better (not even close), but the Blufans steel and disc art for Thor 2 is very impressive.