Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #100) [Czech Republic]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: March 23, 2018 (Standard) - May, 2018 (FAC)
Purchase link: FilmArena (Standard) - FAC (pre-order April) (Not Live yet)
Price: 599 CZK (Standard) - 1099 CZK (Blu-ray) (FAC) (TBC) -1499 CZK (4K UHD + Blu-ray) - (FAC) (TBC)
Notes: FAC limited to 500

30624695_1793555807428054_3561483930924220416_n.jpg

film_24087_1.jpgfilm_24087_2.jpg28619246_1735780266538942_1733742405148214169_o.jpg
film_24087_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Birdman, Drive, and 3 Billboards are all 5/5, perfect films for me. I'd much much rather have a premium release of films like that than any type of Marvel or superhero film. I skip all of those.

I feel you, I love that FA does movies that other retailer do not touch. I was really happy to get my Baby Driver FAC it really is Beautiful... and looking forward to Three Billboards definitely an instant Purchase for me :thumbs: Drive and Nightcrawler Nova were Insane Releases as well.

Saw it yesterday and yes, it´s great movie. Love McDonagh and his work. Will wait for TheBlu premium though as this will be perfect twin to Wind River (hopefuly).

In Bruges is still on top for me though, mainly because it´s more crazy and funny, Three Billboards are more like Wind River (regarding feeling/atmosphere) but still, McDonagh´s fusion of sorrow and humor is just brilliant.

Bring on TheBlu!

I thought the film ended up being a bit of a mess, so of course it was nominated for seven Oscars.* :woot:

Still happy to see smaller budget titles get premium releases, though. I’d love for someone to pick up Calvary for the same treatment. :whistle:

*Feel free to come back to this thread and call me an idiot when this wins Best Picture in a few days. :coffee::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
finally got to see this on a flight last week (shame wasn't a proper screen) and was blown away. :notworthy: i expected it to be good (i own In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths), but i wasn't expecting it to be so good, or so nuanced with the multiple character development arcs, the humour, the pathos, the range of emotions. :wow: :thumbs:

everyone's going on about McDormand and Rockwell (and rightly so), but i actually thought Harrelson was pretty good, too. as usual, its clear McDonagh is great at ensemble pieces/actors like working for him.

as soon as i saw it, i wanted to have a close up look :watch: at whatever FAC's slip(s) will be like so i could cancel my zavvi pre-order! :LOL:
giphy.gif

Also The Guard :thumbs:

I met Brendan Gleeson on the location of that film when they were shooting where I work.

Sadly Irish films never get any sort of treatment let alone premium...... :(
Once and In the Name of the Father are both slated for premium releases. :woot:

I’d love to see a steelbook/premium release for The Guard as well. Might be a bit limited in the art department, though. Someone could probably bang up a pretty decent steelbook at the very least.

That’s great you got to meet Gleeson! I’ve heard he’s a pretty down to earth guy from the people who’ve met him. I guess it helps when you get into acting later in life. I’m still traumatized from reading about Rowan Atkinson being a bit of a wanker in person. I believe it was on this very site, even! :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Agree, looks very bland.

But will wait to see actual pics before I decide. If it gets a quality finish with some nice texturing, FA might just pull it off.

Hoping to get a full slip edition of one of these premiums. Lenticular won't really suit the movie.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I don't mind the slip design (I think it'll look good with the right finish), although I can definitely understand why some think it's too bland/boring.

Exactly me too. Not sure what to think about that.... :confused: Apparently there's not a lot of promotional material but that does look pretty boring :bored: Maybe it'll have an awesome finish to save it?

@Noodles, please enlighten us with your concept for a slip! :D:D
I'll have another look around to see if I can find anything useful, but last time I checked there was very little official material out there... would be interesting to know what FA were actually supplied with though, since I did have an idea for a steel/slip a while back, but couldn't find a textless version of the image I wanted to use.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89