Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.?) [Hong Kong]

Not sure if I should cancel the zavvi wwa because this isn’t a guarantee

Not a fan of the wwa anyway tbh but I don’t want to double dip and I’d rather go with manta but I don’t want to wait just for it to not happen

Really hoping Manta use the same banner artwork (or a variation of it) that I used for my concept on their steel or a slip... I love the orange hues.

#119 Three Billboards (SC).png

Wasnt too impressed with FAC. We'll see what ML offes. Thanks for the tag @Apollon :notworthy:

No problem, man. :)

Personally, this is the one I'm looking forward to the least in the projected lineup. A good movie but not one I'm too keen on owning. Might change my mind once we have more news about artwork etc...

Quite disappointed that Manta are pursuing this as an exclusive. There are so many social ills in this film that are not tackled adequately. But still the positive ratings and Oscar nomination have made this an attractive score to pursue. Won't be supporting this in any form premium or not.

• Thanks
Reactions: Killi Zoltan
I
Quite disappointed that Manta are pursuing this as an exclusive. There are so many social ills in this film that are not tackled adequately. But still the positive ratings and Oscar nomination have made this an attractive score to pursue. Won't be supporting this in any form premium or not.

Don’t think tackling social ills was the point.

Can you explain what you mean here? Are you saying it wasn't as politically correct as you'd like? Because, if that's the case, I think you need to watch the rest of Martin McDonagh's filmography and see that he couldn't care less about political correctness.

And even if he did, I'm not sure what in this film wasn't "tackled adequately."

Reactions: Actarus
Can you explain what you mean here? Are you saying it wasn't as politically correct as you'd like? Because, if that's the case, I think you need to watch the rest of Martin McDonagh's filmography and see that he couldn't care less about political correctness.

And even if he did, I'm not sure what in this film wasn't "tackled adequately."

A social issue does not have to be politically driven. That said, no need to drag politics in this as it would open up a whole other can of worms. It always amazes me that others think there aren't differing opinions about films. Seems like you are suggesting that the only possible reason I have objections about this film are politically driven. It simply left me feeling uneasy at the end of it. That may be the directors intention and that's fine. No where do I suggest that others should feel the same way I do. This is a forum to share opinions and not to sling insults or labels at others.

A social issue does not have to be politically driven. That said, no need to drag politics in this as it would open up a whole other can of worms. It always amazes me that others think there aren't differing opinions about films. Seems like you are suggesting that the only possible reason I have objections about this film are politically driven. It simply left me feeling uneasy at the end of it. That may be the directors intention and that's fine. No where do I suggest that others should feel the same way I do. This is a forum to share opinions and not to sling insults or labels at others.

No need to be touchy. I was simply asking for clarification since I was curious as to why you were so against the film. I didn't bring politics into it, I was referring your comment of "social ills" not being "tackled adequately." Political correctness =/= politics.

No need to be touchy. I was simply asking for clarification since I was curious as to why you were so against the film. I didn't bring politics into it, I was referring your comment of "social ills" not being "tackled adequately." Political correctness =/= politics.

Not touchy at all. A social ill is a norm that harms society or take us backward. In this case, racism. The story about Mildred quickly disappears and focus is put more on an openly racist cop. That is what I got from it. You could have asked what social ill I was alluding to instead of assuming some form of political correctness/ politics.

Not touchy at all. A social ill is a norm that harms society or take us backward. In this case, racism. The story about Mildred quickly disappears and focus is put more on an openly racist cop. That is what I got from it. You could have asked what social ill I was alluding to instead of assuming some form of political correctness/ politics.
Is racism not a political topic? I guess I'm struggling to understand what issue you have with my interpretation of your comment, but nonetheless, we don't need to bicker about it. Fair play if you didn't like the movie, I can understand that. I personally really enjoyed the character development of Rockwell's character, showing how his upbringing resulted in his racist views/actions, and how learning more about the Mildred case caused him to seek some redemption and atone for his previous ways. But I understand the film not being everyone's cup of tea. Didn't mean to criticize your dislike of the movie, really was just trying to understand where you were coming from.

• Thanks
No problem, man. :)

Personally, this is the one I'm looking forward to the least in the projected lineup. A good movie but not one I'm too keen on owning. Might change my mind once we have more news about artwork etc...
Yea I kinda feel the same way about the film. Unless this blows me away, i'll probably end up picking up a Amaray slip down the road.