THX 1138 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Sci-Fi Destination Series #2) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 8, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on January 21 - Red Carpet at 12 PM - General sale at 6 PM UK time))
Price: £17.99
Note: Includes A3 poster

THX 1138.jpg

THX 1138 (inside).jpg

THX 1138 (open).jpg

THX 1138 (poster).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jumbojack
Whhyyyy this artwork :offtopic:
Artwork is from Sci-fi range amaray slipcover releases that also included poster in December 2020 by Warner available from most UK/Ireland retailers
16 film titles
Threads for those releases are in slipcover forum.

Some of these are now getting steelbook versions using that same artwork with Zavvi getting exclusive

I honestly don't hate them as much as others here. I think they'll look nice if you have them all together. And I also dig the movie selection, props to Zavvi for that tbh. Not gonna buy them but I still kinda dig them.

Does the bike smell ? And IMO nobody rode into the future in that movie, maybe they confused it with that Zemeckis film ?

I’ve never seen this film, and I don’t mind the artwork so may pick this up. What I am concerned about with this wave, is that I’m probably going to end up with another edition of 2001 and Fury Road. :rofl:

"The George Lucas Director's Cut"—not any other director's Director's Cut. Just so everything is clear.
That's apparently how it's always been called . . . and to differentiate it from the other two versions of the movie:-

According to Wikipedia
1) The 1971 Warner Bros. Studio Theatrical Cut with 5 minutes cut from the film (81 mins)
2) The 1970/1977 Restored Version Director's Cut which is the version originally cut by the director prior to Warner Bros. cutting it for its 1971 theatrical release (86 mins)
3) The 2004 George Lucas Director's Cut with many scenes improved using CGI and some new shots added in following extensive work done by George Lucas and THX in 2003/2004 (88mins)

That's apparently how it's always been called . . . and to differentiate it from the other two versions of the movie:-

According to Wikipedia
1) The 1971 Warner Bros. Studio Theatrical Cut with 5 minutes cut from the film (81 mins)
2) The 1970/1977 Restored Version Director's Cut which is the version originally cut by the director prior to Warner Bros. cutting it for its 1971 theatrical release (86 mins)
3) The 2004 George Lucas Director's Cut with many scenes improved using CGI and some new shots added in following extensive work done by George Lucas and THX in 2003/2004 (88mins)
As I've never seen this I assume version 2 is the best version?

I got this today, couldn’t resist the price tag lol I’m weak I know but love the film and I wanted to have it in Steelbook, I don’t mind the art but glossy n embossed would have been amazing.