attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tinker Tailor Front.jpg

Tinker Tailor Front Angle.jpg

Tinker Tailor Back.jpg

Tinker Tailor Contents.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is still £5.99 on The Hut (Zavvi's parent company).

Underrated and well worth this price. THE edition to get of this film (without blowing your wallet...there is a special collector's edition but £5.99 would be stupid to pass up on). Great artwork, dual format, great film - what more could you want?

YEP :naughty: :oohyeah: . When it first came out . A cast like that with that story :woot: .

I was a little dubious not normally my type of film , totaly enjoyed it :D .

Sorry Ann, it's utter unexpurgated rubbish!!!!!!

A total insult to the original novel and the TV mini series which is faithful. Unlike this tosh which doesn't only deviate from the real story by a country mile, but doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

Not to mention the fact that Gary Oldman couldn't get the gist of what Smiley is about if he lived to be 300 years old. Second rate actor following in the shoes of Alec Guinness - an acting God!

Watch the TV mini series instead - Get the real story, and see some REAL actors doing the business!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jayce20
The film has a very strong acting cast :)

It stars Gary Oldman as George Smiley, along with Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, John Hurt, Toby Jones, Mark Strong, Benedict Cumberbatch and Ciarán Hinds.

Reactions: Scary Hair
@JackRegan

Whooo Dude bit harsh on Mr Oldman :ohno:.

As you know I dont read as much as I should :banghead:, also it has as HUBMUSWELL says a killer cast never mind Gary Oldman :). I was mega Impressed with Mark Strong . Main reason I baught it WAS Cumberbatch :hungry: .

Admit never seen the series spy type suff I don't normaly do :sorry: .

@JackRegan

Whooo Dude bit harsh on Mr Oldman :ohno:.

As you know I dont read as much as I should :banghead:, also it has as HUBMUSWELL says a killer cast never mind Gary Oldman :). I was mega Impressed with Mark Strong . Main reason I baught it WAS Cumberbatch :hungry: .

Admit never seen the series spy type suff I don't normaly do :sorry: .

Would never decry Mark Strong - very wide range, wasted in this junk. Cumberbatch is okay, but overrated in real terms, as are the vast majority of actors these days. Oldman is a tosspot - ham actor who rose to the top via the back door/accident. I wouldn't pay him with the holes from brass washers!

The TV Series Cast trumps this lot any day though: Alec Guinness, Michael Jayston, Ian Richardson, Anthony Bate, Bernard Hepton, Ian Bannen, Hywel Bennett, George Sewell, Terence Rigby, Michael Aldridge, Joss Ackland, Alexander Knox . . . . . .

Would never decry Mark Strong - very wide range, wasted in this junk. Cumberbatch is okay, but overrated in real terms, as are the vast majority of actors these days. Oldman is a tosspot - ham actor who rose to the top via the back door/accident. I wouldn't pay him with the holes from brass washers!

The TV Series Cast trumps this lot any day though: Alec Guinness, Michael Jayston, Ian Richardson, Anthony Bate, Bernard Hepton, Ian Bannen, Hywel Bennett, George Sewell, Terence Rigby, Michael Aldridge, Joss Ackland, Alexander Knox . . . . . .

If you leave the emotion aside and your intense dislike of Mr Oldman you'll find a very watchable movie that can stand repeated viewings !

It's facile nonsense George and has sod all to do with the novel; which is complex and multi stranded - this is George Smiley for those with a short attention span and limited intellect.

So anybody who liked this film must have low intellect? How very open-minded of you.

So anybody who liked this film must have low intellect? How very open-minded of you.

Simply your interpretation.

That said, no-one with an ounce of intelligence can possibly be entertained by this shallow single strand nonsense; nor draw from this the pleasure of reading the source novel. Or enjoy the clever weighting and sheer acting clout on display in the original (and faithful) BBC TV series. No-one in this mess has a fraction of the talent enjoyed by the cast therein; of which there can be no doubt.

Merry Christmas :)

Last edited: