Purchase link: HMV - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 - £14.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-166508.png

02-166508.png
03-166508.png

Last edited:
About time, actually started to think this might not happen

So far the best film I've seen this year, bring it on!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
About time, actually started to think this might not happen

So far the best film I've seen this year, bring it on!!
I'm yet to see it, but being a big fan of the games, I can't wait to! The image on the front is possibly my favourite poster for the movie too, so I'd be happy if they kept it, which they probably won't... sooo I'm kinda worried what the final artwork will actually look like. :ohno:

I'm going to keep an eye on this, thought the movie was pretty entertaining, despite what the critics said

Love Lara, love the games, love Alicia. Directed by a Norwegian. Yeah, not much to keep me from this! :p Won’t see the movie until it comes out on Blu, but other than not having very high expectations for anything other than good entertainment I can’t see this being terrible.

I hope they offer the 3D Steelbook in my country too, being HMV exclusive it gets so expensive for internationals.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Yup, at least the large vertical title is reasonably consistent with the 2 previous with La Jolie - just turn 180 degrees, add a random smattering of flying embers and hey presto a nice little matching trio (of sorts)
:-
upload_2018-3-22_18-59-17.png
upload_2018-3-22_19-0-2.png
upload_2018-3-22_18-55-24.png

Prefer full - or even three quarter - face/body artwork with no cropping of vital weaponry (lol).

Profile artwork can still look good ... w/ a few of the more obvious better examples being THOR RAGNAROK, JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK, WANTED, TRANSPORTER 3, METROPOLIS (2001), SOURCE CODE, X-MEN APOCALYPSE, IN TIME, GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (1st), TAKEN (2nd), TAKEN 3, EX_MACHINA (2nd), MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 1 - 3 + ULTIMATE COLLECTION, TOTAL RECALL (2012), ALIEN 1 - 6, TRANSFORMERS (Play.com) ......................
Profile artwork which doesn't work so well - JUSTICE LEAGUE (ML), BATMAN v. SUPERMAN (ML) ............................

Don't get me started on back view art (lol) - JOHN RAMBO, ELYSIUM ............................

Speaking about continuity - not hard to see why AV was chosen to fill AJ's Tomb Raider combat boots:-
tomb-raider.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: robbodoc
Alicia....blindbuy :shy:

Its not great... They got the character of Lara completely wrong. In the game she is actually interested in archeology, in the movie she's a completely different character and does things for other reasons.

Alicia was a redeeming thing abou the movie, but I wouldnt watch it twice

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Radagast
1st concept I ever made, I hope master @Noodles approves ;)

there are issues on my concept, especially metal parts not colored on front and back panels, the parts on the spine side when Steelbook is closed

I opted for a horizontal title, debossed front and embossed title

View attachment 366344
Hell yeah I approve! That's the front art I'm hoping for (with title along the bottom rather than down the side like in the mock-up). Very nice work dude. :thumbs:

P.S. I'll reply to your PM soon. :)