Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Tomorrowland
Price: £23.99

1.jpg 2.jpg

11123662-1544298489432325.jpg
tl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like it's the only one
I might hold on to this so. This could become popular once the film gets a home video release here and becomes more widely known. I haven't seen this yet myself.

Managed to get it for €26 with a discount code so I'm happy enough with that for an exclusive Steelbook.

I'm being ruthless trimming my long list of preorders today! :giggle:

With the release of this around the corner, I really don't know what to do with this one :confused:

It's still available, (so obviously not a big seller) the film's got got very mixed reviews, but I have an order in at a discounted price of €26.

Really don't know what to do. Any advice anyone?

Should I cut my ties and hope for a big price drop like say Lucy or Expendables III or A Dame To Kill For??? :ohno:

Yeah, I preferred the earlier design too with the orange.

Personally I don't mind the new artwork even though old one with the orange was actually nicer, and they removed ''a World Beyond'' that a lot of people seem to not have liked so much... and first Artwork rarely with Disney is the final it always gets updated so this one to me seems ok and there is the title for the relentless ones that are offended if there is no titles on spine :rofl: so this being a Zavvi Exclusive only UK will get a Steel, personally I won't play with fire and cancel my order as I don't want to take the chance of it going OOS just to pay a lower price and miss out ! so it is a Gamble, but it is the only Disney steel. I would be worried to cancel and hope for a reduction just to see it OOS after, but on the other hand, it could very well be in stock pass release date with price reduction so it is really up to you if you want to gamble on this !

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Personally I don't mind the new artwork even though old one with the orange was actually nicer, and they removed ''a World Beyond'' that a lot of people seem to not have liked so much... and first Artwork rarely with Disney is the final it always gets updated so this one to me seems ok and there is the title for the relentless ones that are offended if there is no titles on spine :rofl: so this being a Zavvi Exclusive only UK will get a Steel, personally I won't play with fire and cancel my order as I don't want to take the chance of it going OOS just to pay a lower price and miss out ! so it is a Gamble, but it is the only Disney steel. I would be worried to cancel and hope for a reduction just to see it OOS after, but on the other hand, it could very well be in stock pass release date with price reduction so it is really up to you if you want to gamble on this !

Yeah, that's the dilemma I'm in.

It's a blind buy for me. I don't usually collect Disney Steelbooks but I like Brad Birds work so that's why I've ordered this.

I've decided to keep my order I think. If I don't like the movie I can always sell on or trade the steelbook and I won't really be at a loss. Better than gambling with it selling out as you said.

Thanks for making up my mind for me buddy :)

Reactions: Actarus
Yeah, that's the dilemma I'm in.

It's a blind buy for me. I don't usually collect Disney Steelbooks but I like Brad Birds work so that's why I've ordered this.

I've decided to keep my order I think. If I don't like the movie I can always sell on or trade the steelbook and I won't really be at a loss. Better than gambling with it selling out as you said.

Thanks for making up my mind for me buddy :)

It's a Blind Buy for me also, never saw it or even heard anything about it(as I never watch previews or look at descriptions often if I have a feeling it could be a nice movie) I hate to watch previews as they show you all the best part in 2 minutes, I like to see a movie with a fresh perspective.

I think, personally it is wiser to do it this way as it could very well go OOS, at least this way you have your copy, the gambling thing is actually stressful I find. and as you say if you don't like the movie if you are used to selling steel and don't mind doing so, at least you took the wiser Option. And if you like it, you will have it for your collection. :happy:

One of the few movies a year that I saw in the theatre. Thought it was a great movie.

It is a very innocent and family friendly film, but lots of action, adventure and fantasy. It's a pretty original story, as I can't think of any right now that it is comparable to. The closest might be something like THE WIZARD OF OZ, or BACK TO THE FUTURE (minus the rock and roll). It's about time travel and I love time travel movies. It also tries to be environmentally responsible, which is not over the top in the film.

A great Brad Bird film overall, but I've never been disappointed with his stuff so far.

One of the few movies a year that I saw in the theatre. Thought it was a great movie.

It is a very innocent and family friendly film, but lots of action, adventure and fantasy. It's a pretty original story, as I can't think of any right now that it is comparable to. The closest might be something like THE WIZARD OF OZ, or BACK TO THE FUTURE (minus the rock and roll). It's about time travel and I love time travel movies. It also tries to be environmentally responsible, which is not over the top in the film.

A great Brad Bird film overall, but I've never been disappointed with his stuff so far.
Thanks for the info.

Now I really want to see it! :)

Makes me glad I didn't cancel also.

It's a Blind Buy for me also, never saw it or even heard anything about it(as I never watch previews or look at descriptions often if I have a feeling it could be a nice movie) I hate to watch previews as they show you all the best part in 2 minutes, I like to see a movie with a fresh perspective.

I think, personally it is wiser to do it this way as it could very well go OOS, at least this way you have your copy, the gambling thing is actually stressful I find. and as you say if you don't like the movie if you are used to selling steel and don't mind doing so, at least you took the wiser Option. And if you like it, you will have it for your collection. :happy:

To be honest if you have ever liked any disney film then you'll love this.

It's magical, great acting, good script and truly wonderful cinematography.

To be honest if you have ever liked any disney film then you'll love this.

It's magical, great acting, good script and truly wonderful cinematography.

I doubt that I would not like a Disney Movie it looks like a neat story from the artwork I have seen(but seen little want to keep the storyline as a secret so when I watch it it is all fresh and new)

This one's really splitting opinion. As for me I much preferred the original art.

And indeed I prefer it also, the one with the Orange seems a bit more creative than just logo on Black, but love the current BAck Artwork

Reactions: Flash
Wickedly Cool Special Effects just so innovative ! A real ride. I don't understand why DISNEY did not Invest for a 3D version for this Movie as it has all the elements to make a truly Great 3D ! so many cool special effects !

This movie in 3D(if done correctly) would have been S-I-C-K !!!!

Such a shame for us the consumer.

Showing as 'Zavvi Sold Out' ATM but this is one I expect to see back again at release . . .(high price and not limited to anything under 4,000, to my knowledge).

Certainly a bit stark with the black matte (?) background but all the better to allow the jewel-like central motif to stand out.
Embossing will add to the stand-out effect and despite my first thought of "Oh, no, not another black steelbook" (to join the massed ranks of black steelbook spines on my shelves) coupled with the feeling that the blue / orange background would have been better, I think this will look simply stunning in the flesh and I'm looking forward to receiving my copy next month :)

Certainly not unhappy at the lack of a title on the front - as long as there's a title on the spine I'm perfectly happy.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012