Top Ten Hardest Trophies

Jan 29, 2009
This list is meant to try and encompass some of the toughest Trophies out there. Bear in mind, these trophies may or may not be time consuming – but they are definitely hard to get. Only games that feature Platinum trophies are included, if not – PAIN and Soldner X would leave no room for the rest. Bear in mind these are in no particular order.

Be sure to leave your comments and tell us which trophies YOU think should’ve made the cut, enjoy!

Killzone 2 – Heroic Survivor (Gold) ***Contains Spoilers***

Complete all missions on Elite difficulty.

Beating Killzone 2 in Elite difficulty is hard: You can only take a couple of shots before you’re dead and the AI is unforgiving. Despite of this, you can still shoot your way through with some skill and a bit of trial and error… That is until you cross the gates of hell. I am referring, of course, to the Autarch’s Sanctum, a section of the game so unforgiving that you can expect to die to the upwards of 50 times. It doesn’t help that the developers seemed to pour all their AI knowledge into the Helghast, leaving you with brain-dead Rico to watch your back. Enemies swarm you in waves of increasing difficulty, culminating in the dreaded Rocket Launcher guys. After killing his goons, you have to take care of Radec himself – who will butcher you if you don’t turn around quick enough. OUCH!

Call of Duty: World at War – For the Motherland (Bronze) ***Contains Spoilers***

Complete ‘Heart of the Reich’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Veteran difficulty in COD:W@W will cause you to curse at the heavens and fling your shoes at the television. Heart of the Reich, particularly the Storm the Plaza checkpoint, is without a doubt the most frustrating part of the game. The enemies will lob grenades at you with so much accuracy it feels like you’re fighting an army of Nazi Tom Bradys and Johan Santanas. Seriously, stay in a spot for more than 3 seconds and you will be peppered with so many grenades, it sounds like a toast at a wedding. Couple that with the fact that this seems like the longest checkpoint in the entire game and you have yourself a recipe for tears. The kicker? It’s a bronze trophy…

wipeout-hd-yogev-4

Wipeout HD – Zone Zeus (Gold):

In Zone Mode, reach Zone 75 on any track.

In Zone Mode, your ship starts out at a relatively slow speed with full shields and each 10 seconds, your ship accelerates a little. The trophy requires you to survive long enough to reach Zone 75, the problem is that even when you reach Zone 50, your ship is so incredibly fast that you require nothing short of superhuman reflexes to steer it. By the time you reach Zone 75, you’re probably in a state of trance so deep that may not realize you’re having a seizure.

Wipeout HD – Beat Zico (Gold):

Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.

Ah, Wipeout HD again, to some, the hardest Platinum Trophy out there. Let me state the following: I don’t know who Zico is, but I hate him. In order to attain this trophy, you have to successfully catch every boost, avoid hitting any wall, perform flawless barrel rolls and maneuver your ship perfectly. Just a tiny miscalculation results in failure by a fraction of a second. The precision required to attain this Trophy is truly remarkable.

Grand Theft Auto IV – Auf Wiedersen Petrovic (Bronze):

You won in all variations of multiplayer games.

This trophy would be quite easy if it wasn’t broken. I don’t know if it has been fixed or not, but to all the people who have it, my most sincere congratulations. If the Trophy wasn’t broken, you could do this over time, taking breaks, focusing on winning a few events each day. But alas, such is not the case. For some inexplicable reason, you have to win them all in one sitting, with the same people, without any of you quitting or losing the connection. Even if you stay online but your partner’s connection drops, you will not win the Trophy. Plus, it’s not like you have to win 15 events, there’s a total of 102 different events, adding up to about 10 hours a sitting. If only it weren’t broken…

GTA IV

Rock Band 2 – The Bladder of Steel Award (Gold):

Completed the Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing.

Thankfully, this can be done on any difficulty, but it doesn’t mean it’s not incredibly tiresome. To earn this Gold Trophy, you have to complete 84 songs straight, no water, no bathroom breaks, nothing, just you and your instrument. By the time you finish this, you will have either carpal tunnel for all you bassist and guitarists, or throbbing biceps and forearms for the drummers.

Mirror’s Edge – Superstar (Gold):

Attain a Time Trial star rating of 90. [Pure Time Trials]

Granted, it’s a DLC Trophy and not necessary for the Platinum, but damn is it hard. You must achieve 3 stars ranking in almost every Trial, which means painfully exploring for the best routesmand executing perfectly. A single hard landing, wrong turn, or bad jump can drop you from 3 to 2 stars, costing you this hellish nightmare of a trophy.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe – The Thunder God (Bronze):

Complete Raiden’s Kombo Challenge

All of the Kombo Challenges are incredibly tricky, but Raiden’s takes the prize of most horrendously frustrating. If screaming rabidly at the TV would unlock this trophy, then everyone would have it after the 10th try, let alone 25th or 50th. The timing necessary to complete the Kombos is so utterly ridiculous, that to this day I suspect the Trophy is given out randomly. You could’ve sworn you did it, in fact, Raiden unleashes a convincing flurry of attacks, but still the button combination remains in the screen, as if mocking you.

Street Fighter IV

Street Fighter IV – Playing to Win (Silver):

Win 10 ranked matches in a row.

This Trophy was probably easier to get when the game just released. Those happy times when we were all noobs, clumsily hitting each other, maybe spamming a few moves. Alas, those days are long gone and the people that still play the game are the people who already have the Trophy. You may be on a roll – your Cammy has defeated 6 opponents in a row and you feel empowered, victorious, cocky maybe? And then you get matched against a Ryu and it turns out it’s Ryu himself, sitting in his couch in Japan with Ken beside him laughing his ass off as you get pummeled in 13 seconds. Ouch, time to start over for the 12th time.

Street Fighter IV- No Challenge Too Hard:

Cleared HARD Trial in Challenge Mode.

Again a Trophy that has to do with the Combos, only with a ‘C’ instead of a ‘K’ and not just for one character, but for all. This trophy requires you to be precise, patient, and skilled. Did I mention patient?

Well, there you go, for all the Platinum Trophy seeking whores out there, steer clear from these games unless you’re ready for a real test of skills. Like I said before, some Trophies might be more time consuming (I’m looking at you Resistance 2), but these take the crown as the most utterly hellish. Proceed at your own risk, you have been warned.

Last edited by a moderator:
:bronze:I am Bad Company: (Online) Achieve all the awards

That my friends, is the HARDEST trophy of all PS3 games.

To get that trophy, you have to obtain over 100 awards ... of which only say 25% are either easily obtainable and another 25% challenging ... where the others, are a waste of time because you wont get them all and many extremely hard or totally insane.

So in actuality, its like over 100 trophies in itself. The only nice thing they did was make it bronze so it doesnt count for a large percentage ... but with a trophy like that, it just pisses you off they even included it.

Last edited:
there's a resistance 2 online trophy that's really hard to get. its like 10,000 exp or kills or something. can't remember. only knew that from the moment i saw it i decided i wasn't gonna even try :p

For those who play Unreal Tourament 3, it has got to be the "Like the back of my hand" trophy. Seriously, you need a guide for that one. All the items are hidden so well. Lucky I'm on my way and once I get it, I'm a shoe in on platinum for it.

These pro times for Transporter and Demo missions arent that easy either what with having to get 16 demos and like what 24 or 32 transporter pro times ... thats alot of crap to do just for one bronze :rolleyes:

These pro times for Transporter and Demo missions arent that easy either what with having to get 16 demos and like what 24 or 32 transporter pro times ... thats alot of crap to do just for one bronze :rolleyes:
I don't really think its that much trouble. I mean, at least its not a trophy that tells you to get 10 kills in the space of 2.43 seconds.

I'm planning of going for platinum on Resistance 2 after UT3. The 10,000 kills one will still take a while (only 4,004 kills so far).

SOCOM's trophies are pretty tough. ive been playing for probably 10 hours and i dont have a single one :(

Yeah, they made it that way ... just gotta keep checking ur stats.

I know someone with platinum, crazy.