Total Recall 2012 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

zesty

empty wallet Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 3, 2012
Birmingham, UK
Gone up on HMV for notification no price or details yet lets just hope for no damage ;)

Release Date: 26th December 2012
Price: £17.00
Buy Link: Total Recall 2012

Sealed picture courtesy of bettsie86:
TotalRecall2012_HMV.jpg

Actual pics thanks to zesty:
30a_21cd81_b8ff8928_oJ.jpg.thumb

30b_21cd80_91b389ca_oJ.jpg.thumb

30c_21cd7f_45e34292_oJ.jpg.thumb

30d_21cd7e_fe1ae336_oJ.jpg.thumb

Attachments

• SBR8329302UV.JPG
    SBR8329302UV.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i had the same audio drop out in the same place also twice in the scene before where he cuts the tape to open the door and when he stands from wiping the blood off her head. And it happens every time on 2 copies of the film on both PS3 Slim and a stand alone player. i ain't watched the full film yet that was from skipping through.

i hope this is going to be sorted soon.

Yep, that is the exact same point it happened on my disc, not too fussed as I'm likely to sell it seeing as though the movie was awful.

Just got around to watching this and it reminded me just how nice this Steelbook is. I wish every new Steelbook release had this same level of quality. Artwork is great, but more importantly the colours are amazing and the finish is a really beautiful gloss. Perfect.

A lot of emphasis is placed on embossing/debossing, but vibrancy of the colours and the quality of the finish are arguably more important :scat:

Reactions: lgans316
Just got around to watching this and it reminded me just how nice this Steelbook is. I wish every new Steelbook release had this same level of quality. Artwork is great, but more importantly the colours are amazing and the finish is a really beautiful gloss. Perfect.

A lot of emphasis is placed on embossing/debossing, but vibrancy of the colours and the quality of the finish are arguably more important :scat:

Completely agree with that. Much rather high quality finish over embossing any day.

Still see these occasionally at my local HMVs tho usually the shrink wrap is damaged.

is this still the same price or has it been reduced like Dark shadows was? i've still never got round to seeing the film and my budget was very tight on release so if its reduced in price i'll try and locate one.

this does look very nice in the picture. i love Arnold's classic but i reckon this version would be awesome and special effects are so great nowadays.

is this still the same price or has it been reduced like Dark shadows was? i've still never got round to seeing the film and my budget was very tight on release so if its reduced in price i'll try and locate one.

this does look very nice in the picture. i love Arnold's classic but i reckon this version would be awesome and special effects are so great nowadays.

Had old price labels on them but I'm sure they were in some kind of sale. If I see them again I'll double check.

Reactions: Jb162009
I returned mine because of the audio dropouts, Sony is not getting my money when they pull this kind of **** with a poorly manufactured disc worldwide, no one should have to change there set-ups.

I didn't know about the issue about audio dropouts. Is this across multiple regions? The reason I ask is that I've got the Japanese digipak, and it's also a beaut. I'll pop it into my Blu-ray player tonight just to see if there's any audio dropouts on that.

Reactions: robbodoc
It effects every region if your set up is not set to LPCM and its not the 4k theatrical cut, it only happens with the standard disc that includes the extended cut which actually makes for a better film, chapter 9 although short was always said to be really bad.

It effects every region if your set up is not set to LPCM and its not the 4k theatrical cut, it only happens with the standard disc that includes the extended cut which actually makes for a better film, chapter 9 although short was always said to be really bad.

Thanks for the info. My set-up is set to LPCM anyway as I've got an older receiver that cannot decode the latest audio codecs from Dolby and DTS.

This was my last steelbook order from HMV before the site close down .:(

I missed HMV and Play

Just got this one and it is indeed a beauty. Inside and outside art are fantastic and the finish is halfway between matte and glossy. Its not so shiny it shows up your fingerprints which i like!

Film itself is really cool, thats why i refused to buy the amaray copy until i chased up the steelbook.

Just got this one and it is indeed a beauty. Inside and outside art are fantastic and the finish is halfway between matte and glossy. Its not so shiny it shows up your fingerprints which i like!

Film itself is really cool, thats why i refused to buy the amaray copy until i chased up the steelbook.

You must have a different version to me as this is one of the glossiest Stebooks I own :hilarious:

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp