paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 23, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - Zoom - HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Finish: Gloss w/ debossed title.

51fAe7jfGyL._AC_SY400_.jpg

TR.jpg

/SPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
True Lies has actually been released on Blu-ray in Spain
Available on Amazon
Calling it a "release" is a bit of a strong word. It isn't an official release, it's an independent unlicensed company locally distributing a copy of their own making. Copyright laws in Spain have a loophole that allow this apparently.

Its sourced from the same HDrip that's available on amazon prime and UK HDtv etc... It's decent enough quality, on par with blurays issued 10yrs ago. I wouldn't spend money on it now though personally.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I notice there aren't any studio details on the cover. Might be an unofficial release/ remaster. Anybody have a copy of this? There was quite a lot of fanfare on the other Cameron remasters (T2, Aliens) surprised if it's official there wasn't much fanfare.. seems fishy...
Edit: ahhh, there we go!

The digital bits. Been right every time so far....
Those rumours have been circulating literally every time an anniversary has come up for either. Bill doesn't know anything more than anyone else there, he's guessing and has been wrong plenty of times in the past. I have no doubt they will come if Cameron demands it, but it was never going to happen this year.

I notice there aren't any studio details on the cover. Might be an unofficial release/ remaster. Anybody have a copy of this? There was quite a lot of fanfare on the other Cameron remasters (T2, Aliens) surprised if it's official there wasn't much fanfare.. seems fishy...
It's Amazon Spain guarantee you 100% pirate copy

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Sadly it's being reported the encode is **** and serious microblocking issues.......
Same can be said for the 1080p disc of the 4k remaster of Apocalypse Now by studiocanal as well, so I wouldn't be that surprised if it was true.

The UHD disc was practically perfect though, so I'd hope that to be unaffected here too. SC have been knocking it out of the park with 4K restoration recently, so I've got faith in them.

I think it’s safe to say it will be a good scan. Everything they have done has been fine. As long as they don’t try to remove the grain but why would they? They live was very nice. I’m confident they’ll deliver.

True Lies Blu-ray in Spain is from Spanish Label Resen a bootleg label
They don't pay for distribution rights they just copy from various sources material as in from existing offical DVD/Blu-ray or TV broadcast and also copy extras without permission
It's legal in Spain due the strange copyright laws they have

It's not a authorized release outside of Spain

I didn’t mean to start an argument on here. Just heard this was coming to 4K.

Attachments

• 05208FA7-4EF6-435F-A482-80D5A72FA728.gif
    05208FA7-4EF6-435F-A482-80D5A72FA728.gif
    460.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Haha
Reactions: DMD4k