Toy Story 2 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live Wednesday September 11 at 12pm)
Price: £27.99

71MGKqzJo0L._SY445_.jpg

12278599-1654704338286999.jpg 12278599-1664704337518708.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I think there was a 4K release in general, but not as a steelbook. However, I've not seen anything regarding Coco in this line up previously.

Hopefully beyond the "5 more" you talk about, the rest will come along afterwards. I'm guessing it will stop at Coco and then the matching artwork will end there.
Why coco? Wouldn't it make sense to at least tie in incredibles 2 and toy story 4 next year?

Why coco? Wouldn't it make sense to at least tie in incredibles 2 and toy story 4 next year?
Yes it would but as they have already had/having 4K steelbook releases it might not happen. Generally the artwork changes at the end of a 'matching set' when a wave comes at once or when a new movie comes out.

At some point this artwork will drop off and not continue. I could be wrong but I don't think it will continue.

It doesn't really matter if it stops at the end of Coco or the others mentioned, beyond that they still won't match anyway if doesn't have continuity.

Really in two minds about these. I've ordered the first, but not really buying in to it. Considering cancelling and picking up the 4K discs separately in a sale further down the line and popping the discs in the previous steelbooks. That's what I've done with a lot of 4K releases of catalogue titles. Although I did like the Lion King one, and the Frozen one looks pretty impressive too! Not sure I can keep up with all the pre-orders, though. So I may end up just waiting for discounts on any titles that don't grab me instantly, as I won't be too gutted if they sell out and never get discounted.

Yea, I think there was a 4K release in general, but not as a steelbook. However, I've not seen anything regarding Coco in this line up previously.

Hopefully beyond the "5 more" you talk about, the rest will come along afterwards. I'm guessing it will stop at Coco and then the matching artwork will end there.

Shame really as this primary coloured art style would look pretty good across a full set. Just like the Studio Ghiblis which have stayed on style, it makes collecting them a real pleasure.

It's Pixar so I really really want a complete set, my current collection is all over the place.

It has come out in 4K but the only Coco steelbook I have is Blufans and that is 3D (as usual) and previous Zavvi/Best Buy was 3D I think so I expected this line up to have it in 4K too.
Blufans release of Coco was actually 2D only, even though their slips etc say 3D. Some reason they couldn't include the 3D disk and they'd already made the slips lol. I think the US had a 4K amaray release but when I last checked it was silly money to import the 4K.

My apologies. I was wrong about the "5 more" being Pixar titles. So only 11 total so far of this 4K Pixar wave released in North America.
So 9 more to go in the UK starting with Toy Story 3.

(The 5 more titles are from Disney but not Pixar. (Big Hero 6, Zootopia etc.)

Reactions: St4rlord
This arrived today. Not much to say without repeating what I said when I got the first one. Nice full gloss finish. Debossed title. Simplistic artwork. Happy Anth

Reactions: IRON MAN