• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 318
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

I have that one as well. It was the second DVD I bought. I went to Target with my first paycheck and bought a DVD player, this, and the Matrix. :)

Reactions: stephen3001
I wouldn't worry too much about getting exactly when it goes live. It'll be up for at least a few days as this is a much bigger print run than Pain and Gain.

Even if you log on tomorrow morning you'll get a copy (providing it has actually gone live by then).

Reactions: PG Flips
If they have Jessie on the back they should remove her from the front. It would look much better with just Woody and Buzz, because she just seems out of place like that.

haha yeah it did. I still have it as well. Oh the memories. :hilarious:

Did your copy of the Matrix come in one those cardboard clip cases?

I remember that being one of my first DVD's as well. :thumbs:

Ahhhh, the Warner snapper cases. There was so much hate for those. I personally didn't mind them, when they were mint and didn't have pen lines and signature imprints from the guys in Currys using them as a rest for you to sign the paperwork.

Now flipper discs on the other hand, absolutely detested them :D

Reactions: stephen3001
Ahhhh, the Warner snapper cases. There was so much hate for those. I personally didn't mind them, when they were mint and didn't have pen lines and signature imprints from the guys in Currys using them as a rest for you to sign the paperwork.

Now flipper discs on the other hand, absolutely detested them :D

Apologies for going
Off Topic.jpg
folks. But this is bringing back some fond memories. :D

Only had a couple of DVD flippers thank god. I detested them as well and that was after years of LaserDisc flipping.

I don't think you would have liked the CAV edition of Dune ricter. I seem to recall watching that in full required 3 disc changes and 3 flips. Most of the time was spent looking at this guy.......

laserdisc_turtle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. I've just started collecting laserdiscs after picking up a pioneer last year but so far have never seen the laser turtle. That's so funny. :)

Haha. I've just started collecting laserdiscs after picking up a pioneer last year but so far have never seen the laser turtle. That's so funny. :)

Depending on which player you picked up, you may not see him. At first I had a Pioneer 315, which only played one side (I saw far too much Mr Turtle with that one). After upgrading to the 515, with it's auto both side play feature, I don't think I saw Mr Turtle again (he certainly wasn't missed).

Still love the artwork on some of my LaserDiscs and still have a few dotted around my collection. Most of them though, appropriately enough for a Toy Story thread have ended up in my attic.

Depending on which player you picked up, you may not see him. At first I had a Pioneer 315, which only played one side (I saw far too much Mr Turtle with that one). After upgrading to the 515, with it's auto both side play feature, I don't think I saw Mr Turtle again (he certainly wasn't missed).

Still love the artwork on some of my LaserDiscs and still have a few dotted around my collection. Most of them though, appropriately enough for a Toy Story thread have ended up in my attic.

I picked up the D925. Also got a few Disney laserdisc in my Disney collection link, but also got the toy story collectors edition

$(KGrHqVHJEIFENdbe2zoBRHzKLS6IQ~~60_35.JPG

Reactions: Chief and zoneism
I picked up the D925. Also got a few Disney laserdisc in my Disney collection link, but also got the toy story collectors edition

$(KGrHqVHJEIFENdbe2zoBRHzKLS6IQ~~60_35.JPG

Ahh, the player I always wanted. Back in the late 90's it's digital frame store , S-video output and Blackpool illumination's style front fascia (which wasn't to everyone's liking) was on every cinephiles wish list. Great piece of kit ricster. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: chronicpoetic
I sent Zavvi an email asking if these were coming back on but was told that numbers 2 and 3 have sold out and they are unsure if they will get more stock in

I sent Zavvi an email asking if these were coming back on but was told that numbers 2 and 3 have sold out and they are unsure if they will get more stock in

Would not expect anything less than that 100% inaccurate response from Zavs :hilarious:

It's fine stainton, they haven't even come up for pre-order yet. There will be plenty of notice given on here when the time comes. :thumbs: