Training Day (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 27, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on January 8, at 12PM UK time)
Price: £34.99
Notes: Premium edition extras: Exclusive Steelbook, Exclusive rigid slipcase, A3 Theatrical Poster, 4x Character Art Cards.
Special Steelbook Finishes: Overall matt, Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse).

CEF3B0A6-3396-4B15-A8FF-6C56BC9EF826.jpeg

A1F13C8D-63AE-45E1-80BB-E42C4EF7C84E.jpeg

AB9E667F-A5D5-426D-830F-450556648BCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had 3 damaged steels in the past months, 1 from Zavvi, 1 from Amazon Italy, and 1 from Gruv in the US - coincidentally all 3 were 'replaced' by other editions even before they arrived - they were the Bullet Train, Reservoir Dogs, and 8 Mile respectively.

I have cancelled my last remaining Zavvi order I still had as a pre order
I done this due to Zavvi decision to no longer let customers based outside UK order UK/Ireland DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases from any of the Zavvi websites

I ordered the same collector's edition release from Amazon Italy Instead
Only difference will be Italian text on back of the jcard and works out cheaper also
Amazon product

61sz5WfF29L._SL1000_.jpg

I done this due to Zavvi decision to no longer let customers based outside UK order UK/Ireland DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases from any of the Zavvi websites

Only difference will be Italian text on back of the jcard and works out cheaper also
Amazon product

View attachment 549454

That's incredibly disappointing. I've ordered all of my Marvel steelbooks from Zavvi UK and many others. Looks like they just lost another customer of 6+ years.

Thanks for the recommendation. I see this available as well as the Back to the Future steelbooks on Amazon IT. I suppose I'll be getting most of my steelbooks from there, FNAC and Amazon UK.

Reactions: paulboland
If you can't order outside of the UK on Zavvi anymore, and the prices are increasing...surely Zavvi will be left with a lot of stock of steelbooks soon and reget that decision?
Could see lots of price drops on Zavvi Exclusives soon.

So it’s not just australia they did this to but other places I wonder how many was affected? I believe it’s to do with issues within uk Royal mail or something so maybe temporary thing? As a business would not make sense losing tons of customers im one going back from the day zavvi started the business.
And let’s just say I over spend there also maybe they are doing me a favour.
But I rather have the option to still buy stuff when I need not them stop me buying.

But why cancel already ordered pre orders I’m still getting pre orders sent out to aus no cancellations yet. Have they been canceling pre orders as I be more annoyed on that some items been on order from even as far back as a year or more like terminator bust and werewolf in London bust which is much higher today price than whenI pre ordered.
And certain steels I have the past editions of and want the rest to go with them like marvel mondo steels just a small example.

Last edited:
As far as I understood, we can still ordering outside the UK on zavvi.com but not on zavvi.es, zavvi.it, etc. That means we will have to pay customs taxes, VAT, plus probably a more expensive shipment.

As far as I understood, we can still ordering outside the UK on zavvi.com but not on zavvi.es, zavvi.it, etc. That means we will have to pay customs taxes, VAT, plus probably a more expensive shipment.
I don’t think so you can’t order through the uk site and have delivered to your country like we used to you can only select your country and when you do can’t buy anything anymore

I don’t think so you can’t order through the uk site and have delivered to your country like we used to you can only select your country and when you do can’t buy anything anymore
I pre-ordered some things today and they weren't canceled. I understood on some tweets this was the way but I'll check it again.

So it’s not just australia they did this to but other places I wonder how many was affected? I believe it’s to do with issues within uk Royal mail or something so maybe temporary thing? As a business would not make sense losing tons of customers im one going back from the day zavvi started the business.
But I rather have the option to still buy stuff when I need not them stop me buying.

But why cancel already ordered pre orders I’m still getting pre orders sent out to aus no cancellations yet. Have they been canceling pre orders as I be more annoyed on that some items been on order from even as far back as a year or more like terminator bust and werewolf in London bust which is much higher today price than whenI pre ordered.
And certain steels I have the past editions of and want the rest to go with them like marvel mondo steels just a small example.
That's possible, Royal Mail International did get hacked and its in a bit of a mess atm, maybe related?

So that's why I was having a problem pre-ordering today on the uk site from the US, sent them an email too.

Zavvi havent used Royal Mail for ages, they use FED EX and then switch it over to a local carrier for the final mile. So it has nothing to do with royal post. The rumour is they got slapped after opening AU , ES websites and selling copies of Steelbooks that ALREADY have local Steelbooks legally licensed for that territory (via JB, Best Buy etc). Expect those websites to close (as they are useless selling a few shirts and mugs) and merge back to Zavvi UK.

Reactions: Roofr4sh
So a drop off in customers for sure then? not sure how they will cover the loss of sales? i would think items selling out was partly due to international custom? Could we expect smaller print runs for steelbooks now?

Zavvi havent used Royal Mail for ages, they use FED EX and then switch it over to a local carrier for the final mile. So it has nothing to do with royal post. The rumour is they got slapped after opening AU , ES websites and selling copies of Steelbooks that ALREADY have local Steelbooks legally licensed for that territory (via JB, Best Buy etc). Expect those websites to close (as they are useless selling a few shirts and mugs) and merge back to Zavvi UK.
Until the tell us what’s going on nobody knows but i think it’s crap as a business they don’t announce or say what’s going on that jump sums up what like they are.

I reckon everyone should just message them even more than once maybe it will break them and tell us what’s going on.

Yes jb in Australia does sell steelbooks but no where as much as zavvi and only certain steels.
So your rumour are you saying the people in es and aus etc will no longer have a aus site and can then order from uk site or we don’t get to order at all?

It used to be just ordering from uk site anyway so why they did different sites I have no idea.

But personally I been collecting steels for many years now and I would not buy them anywhere else like Amazon etc just was not packed good enough and zavvi back in the day after play.com closed shop pumped out steels and has ever since.
Ok yes they have certain exclusives and other things.
But I don’t care if it’s ordering from the uk site or still a aus site im sure shipping will be same every now tracked.
Yes it sucks the price of shipping went up almost double but it is trackable now and to make it worth my while I just order a ton of stuff at same time and shipping is not so bad.
If they started shipping per item then it be time to call it a day.

It has nothing to do with Royal Mail
Zavvi have not used Royal Mail for any international orders since before 2021

Zavvi use Fedex Cross Border International Connect (FIC) who send parcel to destination country and then is delivered by local courier or local postal service

I pre-ordered some things today and they weren't canceled. I understood on some tweets this was the way but I'll check it again.
Zavvi UK website stopped the ability to order DVD/Blu-ray/UHD items for international address on Monday Afternoon
At checkout it's UK delivery address only
There was the ability to order on Monday morning before they removed option to order with a delivery address outside UK

You can still order clothes and homeware items with a delivery address outside UK

What items did you manage to order today from Zavvi UK for delivery to an address outside UK

Zavvi UK website stopped the ability to order DVD/Blu-rau/UHD items for international address on Monday Afternoom
At checkout it's UK delivery address only
There was the ability to order on Monday morning before they removed option to order with a delivery address outside UK

You can still order clothes and homeware items with a delivery address outside UK

What items did you manage to order today from Zavvi UK for delivery to an address outside UK
So that's what I was able to order some steelbooks during the morning and some other could't during the afternoon.

It's really frustrating because Zavvi was a good option for some steelbooks that don't have or have a mediocre release in Spain.

Also, I don't know in other countries but speculation and crappy distributos are ruining the collectors in Spain. Releases are usually very limited and people need to pre-order steelbooks because they run out fast. Moreover, sometimes you order something and they cancel the pre-order because the shops don't know exactly how much copies they are going to have. Amazon and FNAC Spain cancelled me twice .

Amazon product

View attachment 549454

The booklet in this Italian release will be in English? Most French releases have booklets in French language.