Training Day (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 27, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on January 8, at 12PM UK time)
Price: £34.99
Notes: Premium edition extras: Exclusive Steelbook, Exclusive rigid slipcase, A3 Theatrical Poster, 4x Character Art Cards.
Special Steelbook Finishes: Overall matt, Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse).

CEF3B0A6-3396-4B15-A8FF-6C56BC9EF826.jpeg

A1F13C8D-63AE-45E1-80BB-E42C4EF7C84E.jpeg

AB9E667F-A5D5-426D-830F-450556648BCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Which booklet? This edition only includes art cards and a poster. But most of the time when a booklet is included, Italian releases feature english versions of such.
Sorry, I just assumed it had a booklet like some previous collector editions
Thanks for clarifying!

Do we know if the director has approved this new remaster? Any information provided on release notes. The indoor scenes look WAY too yellow compared to the blu ray.

I might wait for a review now and buy the French collector's edition when it's on sale. It's got the different steelbook variant in the slipcase.

I have cancelled my last remaining Zavvi order I still had as a pre order
I done this due to Zavvi decision to no longer let customers based outside UK order UK/Ireland DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases from any of the Zavvi websites

I ordered the same collector's edition release from Amazon Italy Instead
Only difference will be Italian text on back of the jcard and works out cheaper also
Amazon product

View attachment 549454

hey paul are you aware amazon france offering same edition with different steelbook ...

It'll be the fullslip that'll be dented. Amazon are worse than zavvi for that in my experience
I not had a damaged item from Amazon Italy in years
The last time I had a steelbook or box set or amaray with a slipcover that arrived damaged from Amazon Italy was back in 2019
2019 was last time I had to request a replacement in regards to Amazon Italy
All my Italy orders from 2020-2023 so far has arrived no damage

For Replublic of Ireland
Majority of my orders be it from Amazon UK/Italy/Germany/France delivery is done by Amazon Ireland Logistics Van drivers
The Amazon Ireland Logistics Van drivers that do the deliveries to Navan are very good
Parcels are shippied from Amazon warehouse direct to Amazon Ireland delivery Station in Rathcoole that opened in Ireland in 2020
I'm a prime member so they use mostly Amazon Logistics with my UK/EU amazon websites orders

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Same. I'm kind leaning towards a price drop on the french though, get both artworks then.
I don’t like that the other steel has spot gloss only on the thin title and map lines on the front.

But I wana see pictures/ video of both first before I decide

Reactions: TheWildEye
I don’t like that the other steel has spot gloss only on the thin title and map lines on the front.

But I wana see pictures/ video of both first before I decide
Sure? I thought it said characters as well? I may be wrong. But debossed bullet holes sold me, particularly if I've already got the other wwa on a slip lol i also prefer the green grade on the slip, to the orange steel. Doesn't suit this film so much imo.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I not had a damaged item from Amazon Italy in years
The last time I had a steelbook or box set or amaray with a slipcover that arrived damaged from Amazon Italy was back in 2019
2019 was last time I had to request a replacement in regards to Amazon Italy
All my Italy orders from 2020-2023 so far has arrived no damage

For Replublic of Ireland
Majority of my orders be it from Amazon UK/Italy/Germany/France delivery is done ny Amazon Ireland Logistics Van drivers
Parcels are shippied from Amazon warehouse direct to Amazon Ireland delivery Station in Rathcoole that opened in Ireland in 2020
I'm a prime member so they use mostly Amazon Logistics with my UK/EU amazon websites orders
I've had loads paul, particularly slips. But then again I've ordered a lot, so it's luck of the draw.