Training Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 25, 2011
Neverland
Release date: December 1, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99
Notes: Ultra Limited With Embossed Title and Gloss Finish.

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the comparison
Its the Official poster Artwork

trainingday.jpg

51NBQ28GRJL.jpg

10996427-1411549937-789535.jpg

10996427-1411549937-789504.jpg

The only other Official poster was this one

7236.jpg

They would have to get Warner to create something new and Warner very rarely do that with DVD or Blu ray releases they have done but only a few times

Last edited:
Reactions: justhedudeman
Worst steelbook art I've seen in a while. Black and white EVERYTHING except the WB logo of course (it's a color film!), poor Photoshop job instead of an actual background image, matte finish...sticking with my shiny gold Academy Award slip.

Agreed to all previous comments. It's a shame really. The original title font and sepia tone from the poster is far superior. Did you notice they kept the nicer font for the cast, yet chose that awful looking block font for the title?

If it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind here...

Black & white front with a coloured back! They just don't go together. Whoever Zavvi is employing to select the artwork for their Steelbooks, he needs to be reassigned. I'm sure other artwork options were available from Warner for this release.

Last edited:
How can they make a Training Day steelbook and not have the most famous and widely used image from the film on it anywhere!?!

Ust7vQsl.jpg

Would be epic with a debossed "my ni**a" at the bottom of the pic! :naughty::hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut