Transformers: Age of Extinction - June 27, 2014

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
A mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down Autobots and Decepticons - and a paranoid government official - on them.
With: Mark Wahlberg

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ubGpDoyJvmI[/media]

Original post:
Although nothing is official...

JASON Statham is being lined up to star in the next Transformers movie.

Huge opening weekend box office returns have convinced studio bosses to green light Transformers 4 but with a new male lead.

And Jason, who’s dating Rosie Huntington Whitely, is said to be the hot favorite.

“One of the stars being mentioned is Rosie’s boyfriend Jason Statham,” says a Hollywood insider.

“It’s clear the franchise still has huge potential but with a new leading man capable of taking Transformers in a new, darker direction. Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie.”

Rosie recently revealed how her movie role bought her closer to Jason.

“He’s extremely proud and he’s extremely excited to see the movie,” she said . “I love his films and now I get to love doing action too. So that’s something that we definitely share in common now.”

Attachments

• hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 322
  • transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 407
Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed it.

Love the new elements to the franchise and the concept of the Autobots being hunted. Galvatron was superb and I loved hearing Frank Welker doing the voice again.

The finale though was just more of the same carnage though. Explosion after explosion after explosion after explosion etc etc. too much going on, they could of removed ages elements and tightened it up a bit. The previous action scenes though were amazing (and the 3D was amazing)

The Dinobots were a bit of a letdown for me though. Again, it seemed a bit pointless adding them to the story

As much as a Bayhem fan that I am, I think the franchise needs some new direction behind the camera.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Worst film I have seen in ages, the effects are first class, but the whole thing is just not engaging at all, never feel 'thrilled' or have blood racing. I enjoyed the first 3 films, but this is a miss for me.