Transformers: Age of Extinction - June 27, 2014

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
A mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down Autobots and Decepticons - and a paranoid government official - on them.
With: Mark Wahlberg

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ubGpDoyJvmI[/media]

Original post:
Although nothing is official...

JASON Statham is being lined up to star in the next Transformers movie.

Huge opening weekend box office returns have convinced studio bosses to green light Transformers 4 but with a new male lead.

And Jason, who’s dating Rosie Huntington Whitely, is said to be the hot favorite.

“One of the stars being mentioned is Rosie’s boyfriend Jason Statham,” says a Hollywood insider.

“It’s clear the franchise still has huge potential but with a new leading man capable of taking Transformers in a new, darker direction. Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie.”

Rosie recently revealed how her movie role bought her closer to Jason.

“He’s extremely proud and he’s extremely excited to see the movie,” she said . “I love his films and now I get to love doing action too. So that’s something that we definitely share in common now.”

Attachments

• hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 322
  • transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 407
Last edited by a moderator:
1st one was awesome! 2nd wasn't that good, but I could enjoy it to some degree. 3rd one was awful and it's not like I feel like going to yet another one of these... I'll wait for the BD. :)

I think this would have been perfect if they just didn't have Shane (Lucky Charms). He is absolutely, without question, the most useless character I've ever seen in a movie. So he can drive? Big whoop! He really drags down the film. They could have cut him out of the movie completely, not have to change anything else, and it would have been fine. Without him, this is the best Transformers movie by far, in my opinion. The autobots have never looked better. Dinobots were cool. Lockdown was a great robot villain. Kelsey Grammer makes a great human villain. The action was amazing. The visual effects were great. The comedy was well-timed. Some really great product placement comedic moments (Bud Light). Mark Wahlberg is so much better than Shia LaBeouf for a main character. Stanley Tucci was fantastic as always. I haven't bought any of the other Transformers movies on Blu-Ray, but I will buy this one.

Saw this today. Really enjoyed it BUT DAMN I should not have drank a monster before I went inside.... I forgot how long it was. I have to say that honestly 3 and 4 are my fave. I think some trimming could have been done but I understand setting up for the new trilogy. I was so bummed at the death of
Ratchet
Im happy Mark was in this film. I was just getting sick of Shia...

3D was nice. May even see again in a month or so since it may be a while before they release the 3d BD.

For IMAX ® 3D showings on Friday, July 4th, Transformers: Age of Extinction IMAX® 3D ticket holders at AMC Theatres and Regal Cinemas will receive a limited-edition collector’s movie print. Each circuit will be giving away a different, exclusive Transformers movie print design to IMAX® 3D fans at participating theaters. While supplies last. Quantities are limited.

REGAL:
View attachment 74295

AMC:
View attachment 74296

Wish I lived in the USA so i could snag one of these...

Looking forward to seeing it :thumbs:

They are doing an all-nighter at BFI IMAX in London on 12th July showing the first 3 film films back to back followed by AoE the next morning

Talk to me lucky forum members who've already seen it - is it worth me doing a 12 hour EEK! marathon??

For IMAX ® 3D showings on Friday, July 4th, Transformers: Age of Extinction IMAX® 3D ticket holders at AMC Theatres and Regal Cinemas will receive a limited-edition collector’s movie print. Each circuit will be giving away a different, exclusive Transformers movie print design to IMAX® 3D fans at participating theaters. While supplies last. Quantities are limited.

Wish I lived in the USA so i could snag one of these...

I wish I knew this before I had seen it last week! :angry: I would of waited! DAMN I really want the Print with Grimlock! :LOL:

*HEY NINJAS!* If anyone gets one and does not want to keep it, let me know! :scat: I'll be more than happy to receive it! :thumbs:

:movie:

Just come back from it...

Marky Mark was better (much) than Laboeuf but still... oh and nice Bud ad! :p
The new "chick" did her purpose... but nothing more...
Tucci, wow... steals the show!
Too long (45-60 minutes over stuffed)
Too much explosions (this is just laughable...)
Too many clichés (Sunset... Flag... My daughter... Your dad... blablabla)
Great new Autobots... finally Hound!!!
New look for Decepticons (particules or dunno how to call this...) is just ****
Not enought Dinobots... (but still pretty well done)

But in the end, it was worth it... but I'm still waiting for a nice TF movie (after #1) that will satisfy my TF Inside fan... :naughty:

Now spoiler stuff:
- Can we have a REAL Galvatron please??? With the comic look and all???
- Ok... #5's coming... Ultra Magnus? Rodimus Prime? Unicron?

Last edited:
I wish I knew this before I had seen it last week! :angry: I would of waited! DAMN I really want the Print with Grimlock! :LOL:

*HEY NINJAS!* If anyone gets one and does not want to keep it, let me know! :scat: I'll be more than happy to receive it! :thumbs:

:movie:

havent seen it yet so if we catch it friday and get the poster(s) ill let you know buddy ;)

also fyi, says on the bottom right of the posters which theater is handing which one out (grimlock at regal and the second at amc :thumbs:)

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
havent seen it yet so if we catch it friday and get the poster(s) ill let you know buddy ;)

also fyi, says on the bottom right of the posters which theater is handing which one out (grimlock at regal and the second at amc :thumbs:)

Yesterday was my birthday, this would be fu**ing EPIC to own! :LOL: THANKS Alvin, you fu**ing ROCK! :scat: Enjoy it buddy! :movie:

Had crappy expectations for the movie, it delivered :)

Optimus got so freaken evil in this film, so out of character..... well actually his been slaughtering decepticons left and right in this movie-verse

Last edited:
Reactions: cooey
Supposed to be a wash out tomorrow for Independence Day here in NJ so I think I'm going to catch this tomorrow. Pretty excited to see it.

Caught the IMAX 3D with family and loved it. Yes it was loud and noisy like any good summer movie should be :) Also very impressed with the 3D conversion and the new storyline plus Mark W. and the new female actress worked very well for the screenplay.

Here is the free poster - very nice on high quality paper too:
attachment.php

Also caught the 3D trailer of Hercules - WOW!!!

Last edited:
Caught the IMAX 3D with family and loved it. Yes it was loud and noisy like any good summer movie should be :) Also very impressed with the 3D conversion and the new storyline plus Mark W. and the new female actress worked very well for the screenplay.

Here is the free poster - very nice on high quality paper too:
attachment.php

Also caught the 3D trailer of Hercules - WOW!!!

Awesome! :LOL: I'm glad you Enjoyed it Ash! :movie:

Love how gold and shinny your poster is in the bottom right corner :p

LOL! :p I don't know what I'm more jealous about not having, the coin or the poster! :naughty: DAMN Lucky NINJA! :thumbs:

Reactions: ash333
saw it in imax. Lots of action and fun .... but wow so many parts were so inconceivable or some dialogue parts werent even needed (cheesy)

Goal: Buy just 1 steel for the collection. ha. Well... maybe 2. ;)

Yeah @wreck. The film was soo long in my opinion and most of it is just WASTED shots. There was so much they couldve used to make this film so EPIC....
lockdowns origin, dinobots origins, the creators. Yet Bay wasted about an hour is grandiose shots from distance and unnecessary characters that just drag and weigh the movie down. This films is an editing disaster to me. Also comes without saying that this movie was a giant commercial. The first 3 were military focused and this one was just a huge superbowl halftime.
But dont get me wrong i enjoyed it. But they couldve done soooooooo much better. It makes me sad.

Reactions: justhedudeman
Well I saw it yesterday..... it's no secret that I've enjoyed the previous 3 movies..... I'll go as far to say I love them!! Now, I'm not a Transformers fan boy, I haven't seen the cartoons, I haven't seen the 80s movie and I've never read the comics so for me the Michael Bay Transformers are the ones I know and love.

Sitting down to watch this I was excited.... VERY excited!! And boy for me it delivered!! Will put my thoughts in spoilers now....

My main complaint was that there was maybe too much 'comedic' dialogue which wasn't needed. Optimus however was a massive badass, severely pissed off wanting revenge. The addition of the Dinobots and when the score kicked in was simply fantastic!! It gave me goosebumps! My main complaint was that there wasn't enough of the Dinobots. Marky Mark IMO was a great addition and a fantastic replace to the little twat known is **** Le Beef. Bring on number 5!!