Transformers: The Last Knight (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Release date: September 26, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy CA
Price: CDN $34.99

m2225127.jpg

308914-4999bfefc7274a9605a64e4276d07ba6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Best Buy Canada's way of "winding down" their steelbooks.

I'm telling you, steelbooks won't be around in Canada eventually.

Or this is what they are doing to guarantee that you buy the next wave of 1-5 individual matching steelbooks like they just released 1-4.

They'll just keep releasing waves like the Fast and Furious collections.

that art is awful, i pray that uk version is not that. otherwise i will be cancelling.

it does seem the candian/american ones have gone very downhill of recent. where as we used to get the rubbish and always end up importing us/can ones for art and finish.

it would seem you need to start a campain bring back @zerox39 and then things where good

basil :thumbs:

Ugh, the second that's revealed as the uk steel artwork also I'll be cancelling. I can only assume that the head of the graphic design studio for one of the major studios is a big Mondo fan and so has been ploughing out THAT studios big movies in the awful Microsoft paint filter style.

However they got lucky with the first two as they were big summer blockbusters, so then the other studios thought hey they must be onto a winner! They sold well that must be exactly what Steelbook collectors want.

Hence the current tsunami of absolutely appalling artworks that have us wishing for the original preorder mock ups. Sigh.

Gut reaction on first viewing :thumbs:
Very stylish artwork and colouring and very graphic novel. Much more stylish than the one on the left or the previous mock-up on the right:-

upload_2017-8-19_12-7-50.png
upload_2017-8-19_12-11-1.png
upload_2017-8-19_12-17-16.png

With the right treatment - full gloss or spot gloss on the shinier parts of the artwork - this could look stunning (IMO) . . . and actually goes well (or at least better than the mock-up) with 1 - 4:-
tf-1-4-jpg.313674

Last edited:
I actually really like the artwork... it has a Mondo vibe to it. Shame the film looks terrible though, so pass.

Exactly the same here, really like that art and the retro colours but I can't be f*cked with the film. I'm done with transformers now

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles