Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 5, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi USA
Price: $54.99
Notes: Zavvi USA is selling the USA steelbook and is a different purchase link to Zavvi UK and different release date.

Tremors USA.jpg

Tremors USA Open.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
USA steelbook is a separate release to UK

Zavvi USA is selling the USA steelbook not the UK steelbook

This why the steelbook has different purchase link to UK and different release date

USA steelbook
Will not have BBFC age rating on jcard or discs

Arrow Video UK and Arrow Video USA releases are always separate releases

• 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
  • Limited Edition SteelBook packaging with newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville
  • Restored DTS-HD MA original theatrical 2.0 stereo, 4.0 surround, and remixed 5.1 surround audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
  • Audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
  • Making Perfection, a documentary by Universal Pictures interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
  • The Truth About Tremors, an interview with coproducer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
  • Bad Vibrations, an interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
  • Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
  • Digging in the Dirt, a featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects

Reactions: apsmith21
This looks very good but want to see actual photos before I even consider paying a premium for this

Listed as a Zero Finish on Scanavo website

Would be very hesitant to purchase a region A from Zavvi US. They send in a box too small to lay the steelbook or full slip flat with no bubble wrap or protection. Due to the product bouncing around in the box many times corners come damaged, and even before shipped I am confident many of the steelbooks were damaged before even sent and were sent anyway. Zavvi US needs to get their act together. Zavvi UK seems to care more about quality control and with their cardboard mailers you have a better chance of a copy arriving in good shape even in the US. I am going to plead to Zavvi US to please improve their shipping and quality control.

Would be very hesitant to purchase a region A from Zavvi US. They send in a box too small to lay the steelbook or full slip flat with no bubble wrap or protection. Due to the product bouncing around in the box many times corners come damaged, and even before shipped I am confident many of the steelbooks were damaged before even sent and were sent anyway. Zavvi US needs to get their act together. Zavvi UK seems to care more about quality control and with their cardboard mailers you have a better chance of a copy arriving in good shape even in the US. I am going to plead to Zavvi US to please improve their shipping and quality control.
I purchased the Weird Science Arrow steelbook from Zavvi a few months back when it was on sale (came to $13USD). I didn't realize at the time that they were going to send me the region A steelbook. But it was shipped from a distribution center in Shepherdsville, KY, and was in a box with air pillows that like the type of box Best Buy now uses (when you get a box, that is...). I guess I got lucky.

Reactions: Boilersteel
I purchased the Weird Science Arrow steelbook from Zavvi a few months back when it was on sale (came to $13USD). I didn't realize at the time that they were going to send me the region A steelbook. But it was shipped from a distribution center in Shepherdsville, KY, and was in a box with air pillows that like the type of box Best Buy now uses (when you get a box, that is...). I guess I got lucky.
When Arrow Video do both a USA and UK release they are separate releases
Since summer 2021 Zavvi USA sells the USA release not the UK release if a arrow video USA release exists and still available

Zavvi USA is a also separate website to Zavvi UK/Zavvi EU etc websites since summer 2021
This is why you can purchase arrow video USA only releases on Zavvi USA but cannot purchase these on Zavvi UK/EU etc websites
Zavvi UK/EU websites sell arrow Video UK releases only

Weird Science Blu-ray Amaray and steelbook was Region A/B and released same time in UK/USA on July 22/23 2019
The steelbook was trade wide release in USA and a Zavvi exclusive in UK
The Arrow Video Blu-ray discs are often region A/B when released same time in USA/UK but can be region locked sometimes if they released a few months apart
(Example True Romance in UK was Region B Locked as Arrow did not have the rights for USA release at that time until a few months later)

All USA UHD/Blu-ray releases sold on Zavvi USA are dispatched from a USA warehouse
When Zavvi USA selling a UK release it's dispatched from THG warehouse in UK or from Zavvi in Guernsey
When it comes to arrow some UK releases won't be listed on Zavvi USA due to rights been with another label in USA

When Arrow have a release in USA and UK same time they are still separate releases even when it's a Zavvi exclusive in both UK and USA
Zavvi USA website would be selling the USA release and Zavvi UK/EU websites would be selling the UK release

Arrow Video USA releases don't have BBFC age rating on Jcard or Discs while UK releases do

Reactions: Boilersteel
Yeah few months ago Zavvi package from Shepherdsville came in an oversized box with air pillows. Since then, the last 3 purchases have been placed diagonally in a small box with no protection, and every one has had some sort of damage. Normally would be thrilled to receive one in a box, but actually the way they are being shipped almost guarantees damage as the steelbooks just bang against the box edges as the box is too small to lay the steelbook flat. Finally got our box we requested and turns out worse than the cardboard mailer (which actually has surprisingly protected many steelbooks from damage).