Trine - US Release: October 22, 2009

Apr 2, 2009
media

media

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171680

see video in the link

Last edited by a moderator:
Trine PSN costs half of PC version, scheduled for July release

By now, you're probably familiar with the ambitious, multiplayer puzzle-platformer, Trine. Shacknews is reporting that the upcoming PC version of the game will have an "official" price of $40, with Steam pre-orders available for a discounted $30. (Check out a downloadable demo at BigDownload.) Those who want to experience Trine in the most affordable way possible will want to download the PSN version of the game, priced at $20.

Obviously, that's a rather high price point for a downloadable game. However, developer Frozenbyte says the high production values merit the sticker tag. "Trine is far from a game created by a solo hero developer (we have over 20 employees and Trine has contributions from a double amount of people) ... we are very confident that we can deliver a full retail experience with Trine."

Our early impressions of the game suggest Frozenbyte is right. We'd much rather buy this than, say, the equally priced Watchmen: The End is Nigh. While an official PSN date isn't set, the publisher is expecting a July release. An Xbox 360 version of the game, which will support online co-op (a feature not included in the initial PC or PSN releases), is also in the works.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/29/trine-psn-costs-half-of-pc-version-scheduled-for-july-release/

Trine on PSN costs half of PC price

If you're looking for a deal on Trine, skip the PC version and download the PSN release, which is set to debut at $20 USD -- half of the PC version's official $40 price tag.

The game's publisher, Nobilis, confirmed the PSN price to Shacknews earlier today. One developer took to Frozenbyte's official forum to explain the high price point.

"While guidelines are set by our publisher, in my opinion price around $/? 30 [for the PC version] is very reasonable for a game which production values are very close to a retail title," explained Lauri Hyv?rinen, Frozenbyte CEO and designer. "While we are labeled indie as developers, Trine is far from a game created by a solo hero developer (we have over 20 employees and Trine has contributions from a double amount of people). We are very confident that we can deliver a full retail experience with Trine (hence PC version is sold in retail also for approx 35 to 40 eur/usd!)."

Trine is set to release sometime in July. To learn more about the game, check out the most recent Trine trailer.
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES

Last edited:
US Price same as EU

Trine looked like it was going to take the world by storm. With an amazing twist on 2D gaming with 3D graphics (á la LittleBigPlanet), it had everyone excited.

You may notice how I used past tense in the paragraph above. This is because the price has been revealed on the Official European PlayStation Blog and it is leaving some people a bit stunned. It seems the US will get it for $19.99, fair enough. But it will also cost £19.99 and €19.99 in the UK and Europe respectively.

Correct me if I’m wrong but that seems like slightly dubious conversion rates right there. Granted the pound is weak at the moment. But the dollar isn’t exactly at it’s best either. The UK price is roughly the equivalent of $32.

Still, the game might be worth it. They are touting it as a fully fledged retail title, as opposed to a small quirky downloadable one like the £3.99 ones many of us are used to on the PlayStation Store.

Trine is supposed to hit the PSN before the end of July.

source: justvideogames.co.uk/trine-psn-price-revealed-2293.html

Trine unleashed on Euro PSN tomorrow

Developer Frozenbyte has revealed that its heavily delayed action/puzzle romp Trine will finally be available for download via the European PlayStation Store on September 17, 2009.

Previously released on PC back in July, Trine has players hopping between three different characters throughout the game – namely, a dodgy thief, noble Knight and an old Wizard chap. The PS3 version includes fully integrated Trophy support, including the prestigious Platinum Trophy.

A price point for the game has yet to be divulged, though with the title due out as part of tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update, you won’t have to wait long. No word yet on a U.S. release date, though we'll be sure to keep you updated.

Trine gets U.S. release date

Developer Frozenbyte has finally pinned down a U.S. release date for PlayStation Network action puzzler Trine, confirming the game will be released there on October 22, 2009.

Last edited:
Anybody ever get this? I played the demo last night and thought it was pretty good, but is it worth $20? I would have definitely gotten it last night if it was $10, but if it's worth it then I'll pay the $20.

Anyone beaten it? How long or short is it?