Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: True Detective: Season 1
Price: £21.99
Notes: spot gloss finish.

81lTFVqFCkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Chuffed to bits to receive this today. Came home from work and saw a flimsy looking mailer sitting on the kitchen table and I feared the worst - breathed a sigh of relief when I opened the mailer up to find the steelbook in perfect condition :) - I've got nothing against the clear-slip really... but I might just throw it away and pop the steelbook on the shelf without the slip.

Chuffed to bits to receive this today. Came home from work and saw a flimsy looking mailer sitting on the kitchen table and I feared the worst - breathed a sigh of relief when I opened the mailer up to find the steelbook in perfect condition :) - I've got nothing against the clear-slip really... but I might just throw it away and pop the steelbook on the shelf without the slip.

Why throw it away? Keep the slipcovers in a shoebox. ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Dan Kyte
It said it was due tomoz but came today yay, pretty nice first UK steelbook I've got that had a outer slipcover.

just got mine.

came in plain thin card board 'box' not bubble wrap or anything ???

Same as mine lucky no damage :/

It's pretty sad once upon a time amazon delivered blurays on release date if not before for free and also used to bother with packaging

Reactions: nefilim
Same as mine lucky no damage :/

It's pretty sad once upon a time amazon delivered blurays on release date if not before for free and also used to bother with packaging

mine was undamaged too. but still, amazon - do not sink to zavvi's level.

:grumpy:

@Flash @nefilim @spass @Headhunter

I THINK only THINK they use thire own curier system not genral post :giggle:.

Mine was just the same packageing on a Sunday . For oversea's members The U.K dose not get post dilivery on Sundays AT ALL :dunno: .

A guy in a white van dropped mine through the letterbox :thumbs: . Watched him as he did it :) .

So IF THEY are not battered and beaten up could be why thire mint when they are arriving with us .

@Flash @nefilim @spass @Headhunter

I THINK only THINK they use thire own curier system not genral post :giggle:.

Mine was just the same packageing on a Sunday . For oversea's members The U.K dose not get post dilivery on Sundays AT ALL :dunno: .

A guy in a white van dropped mine through the letterbox :thumbs: . Watched him as he did it :) .

So IF THEY are not battered and beaten up could be why thire mint when they are arriving with us .

mine came with normal mail, by Finnish post office. which is notorious for losing stuff and breaking them.

fyi : just finished enquiry where is my kimchidvd perfum blu, bought from ebay. according to deutsche post tracking it came to Finland may the 19th...then nothing.

:mad:

these things make me wanna give up collecting steels etc. blu's

:angry:
:arghh:

@nefilim

Maybe Amazon don't relise the post is SO BAD where you are . Making them aware might save dissapoitment in the future .

Thrilled it got to you safe and sound mate genuinely I am .

Dont let the bad stuff post wise put you off of what you love .

Reactions: nefilim
It's not good to hear how many people are getting these in cardboard mailers. Amazon normally send them out in the frustration free packaging but there's no mention of it on the listing.

The plastic slip actually provides a layer of protection for the steelbook along with the flimsy mailer. I think this is the only reason all of these aren't arriving dented.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair