True Romance (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 19, 2021
Purchase links: Steelbook - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

0.jpg5.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to use Zavvi USA website if you want to order from Zavvi and order is shipped from USA
Zavvi UK and the other Zavvi international websites do not sell Arrow Video USA releases

You can pre order from Zavvi USA but price increases when you get to checkout if delivery address outside USA
Before shipping cost is added
Shipping to Ireland

Price at checkout will change to
Deluxe $95.99
Steelbook only $81.99

Zavvi USA
Customers with a USA delivery address gets the price
Deluxe $54.99
Steelbook only $44.99

Customers based outside USA
Use Arrow Video USA shop website
instead to order and make sure you set currency to USA $ only to get correct price
Do not set Arrow Video USA shop website to other currency if you do the prices increases a lot

Deluxe
$55.00

Steelbook only
$45.00
Ah, OK. Interesting.....

tony montana scarface GIF

If only Zavvi weren't a bunch of cockroaches banning my account. Zavvi owning Arrow is disappointing.
It's THG that has shares in Arrow Films not Zavvi
THG is a group of different business hence the name Hut Group
Over 50 different companies and each is run separately.

Zavvi and Arrow Films are separate companies and are based at different locations to each other

Whatever happened to your Zavvi account has nothing to do with Arrow Video

If you want the USA steelbook release announced on Friday can order from Arrow Video USA Website

It's THG that has shares in Arrow Films not Zavvi
THG is a group of different business hence the name Hut Group
Over 50 different companies and each is run separately.

Zavvi and Arrow Films are separate companies and are based at different locations to each other

Whatever happened to your Zavvi account has nothing to do with Arrow Video

If you want the USA steelbook release announced on Friday can order from Arrow Video USA
No Arrow deleted my account as well. Their rep said the same thing Zavvi's rep told me.

No Arrow deleted my account as well. Their rep said the same thing Zavvi's rep told me.
What did Arrow or Zavvi say to you
What was you doing to get your account banned

The Website shop uses same software platform run by THG but they are separate companies

Arrow Video USA/Canada releases you can purchase from multiple usa/canada retailers

What did Arrow or Zavvi say to you

The Website shop uses same software platform run by THG but they are separate companies

Arrow USA releases you can purchase from multiple usa retailers
I just buy Arrow releases from my local shop now. This debacle was during the whole Star Wars 4K steelbook releases. They banned me for making three returns (excess returns). They wanted me to pay for the shipping costs of the damaged item from Canada to the UK and would only reimburse me 15% of the shipping costs. Once I told them that this was illegal, instead of handling it like professionals they banned my account/address for "excess returns". In what world are three returns within being a customer for five years considered "excess".

I just buy Arrow releases from my local shop now. This debacle was during the whole Star Wars 4K steelbook releases. They banned me for making three returns (excess returns). They wanted me to pay for the shipping costs of the damaged item from Canada to the UK and would only reimburse me 15% of the shipping costs. Once I told them that this was illegal, instead of handling it like professionals they banned my account/address for "excess returns". In what world are three returns within being a customer for five years considered "excess".
A retailer is only required to pay standard postage cost in regards to doing a return not what it cost to send tracked or by a courier

If a customer wants to use tracked postage or courier any excess postage cost is always at customers own expense

Even amazon have a limit on postage cost refund it will do

What is standard post cost from Canada to UK As in non tracked
As in Canada post standard cost to post a letter or parcel

A retailer is only required to pay standard postage cost in regards to doing a return not what it cost to send tracked or by a courier

If a customer wants to use tracked postage or courier any excess postage cost is always at customers own expense

Even amazon have a limit on postage cost refund it will do

What is standard post cost from Canada to UK As in non tracked
As in Canada post standard cost to post a letter or parcel
Maybe the laws in the UK are different. No other company (domestically or internationally) has asked me to pay for the shipping costs without reimbursing me 100% to send back a defective item. Amazon Germany reimbursed me the $30 (non-tracking) it was to ship the item back. It is what it is. Zavvi's customer service is donkey crap. The quality of steelbooks Zavvi has sold in recent years is declining anyways.

Last edited:
Maybe the laws in the UK are different. No other company (domestically or internationally) has asked me to pay for the shipping costs without reimbursing me 100% to send back a defective item. Amazon Germany reimbursed me the $30 (non-tracking) it was to ship the item back. It is what it is. Zavvi's customer service is donkey crap. The quality of steelbooks Zavvi has sold in recent years is declining anyways. Big ups on your Daylight unboxing vid. Just placed an order myself.
Same in other countries It's only standard post cost a retailer is required to cover in regards to doing a return

If a customer decides to use more expensive shipping options to do a return that is always at customers own expense a retailer is not obliged to cover that extra cost
Sometimes a retailer will cover that extra cost but they are not obliged to cover it
They only obliged to pay for standard post cost

All you need to do is ask post office for proof of postage as in a receipt when using standard non tracked post
Proof of postage is free it's just a receipt to say you posted a item
Not to be confused with recorded delivery or tracked delivery that's a different thing

They wanted me to pay for the shipping costs of the damaged item from Canada to the UK and would only reimburse me 15% of the shipping costs.

Did you ask for some kind of more expensive shipping method, or the standard, cheapest available?
Or they didn't even get to what method you'd use, and just slapped their standard first response to everything with their 15%.
The three times I had to complain over the last 14 years, they always say "15%", to which I say that the steelbook is not 15% missing or damaged, it's 100% gone, and they send a replacement.

Did you ask for some kind of more expensive shipping method, or the standard, cheapest available?
Or they didn't even get to what method you'd use, and just slapped their standard first response to everything with their 15%.
The three times I had to complain over the last 14 years, they always say "15%", to which I say that the steelbook is not 15% missing or damaged, it's 100% gone, and they send a replacement.
The issue wasn't the shipping method. When I bought the item, I used Zavvi's standard shipping with no tracking when it was free. The issue is they wanted me to foot the bill to ship the defective item back and would only reimburse me 15%. They were ok with standard shipping with no tracking. But even standard shipping with no tracking from Canada to the UK would've been around $25 CAD. What gets me is instead of dealing with the problem, they labeled three returns within five years as "excess returns".

The issue wasn't the shipping method. When I bought the item, I used Zavvi's standard shipping with no tracking when it was free. The issue is they wanted me to foot the bill to ship the defective item back and would only reimburse me 15%. They were ok with standard shipping with no tracking. But even standard shipping with no tracking from Canada to the UK would've been around $25 CAD. What gets me is instead of dealing with the problem, they labeled three returns within five years as "excess returns".
That's what I thought. I just didn't understand why @paulboland drove the conversation that way, as if that was a reason.
Whenever it's more expensive to ship an item, or almost as much, as it costs, all the stores, Zavvi including, just let you keep it.

That's what I thought. I just didn't understand why @paulboland drove the conversation that way, as if that was a reason.
Whenever it's more expensive to ship an item, or almost as much, as it costs, all the stores, Zavvi including, just let you keep it.
You misunderstood he already received replacement 3 times of same steelbook.
You cannot expect any retailer to not look for a return of damage items especially when 3 replacements have already been provided

It's standard policy to expect return for a replacement or for a full refund when goods are faulty
Yes retailers are required to cover postage cost to do a return but they are only obliged to cover standard post when customer is doing a return
Retailers are not obliged to cover cost for tracked or courier service
If a customer wants to use more expensive shipping options to do a return it's at their own expense.

Most UK retailers won't provide a refund or a replacement unless you do a return of damaged items
Sometimes you may be told by some UK retailers to keep item but that does not happen everytime you be wrong if you think that happens always

Amazon UK most times expect a return and provide postage paid return label depends on delivery country involved
I had do a return majority of the time in regards to Amazon UK the few rare times I had faulty goods from Amazon UK
Only once was I told to keep item since using amazon uk
I been using amazon uk since 2007
Amazon UK returns goto to Amazon in Dublin then to UK

Amazon USA I been told sometimes to keep but not everytime

HMV won't refund or provide a replacement unless you return damaged item
There are many other UK retailers that apply the same rules

Customer account though should not been banned just for getting 3 replacements

The exception would be if a customer sent abusive message to a retailer

Of the same steelbook? Wow, then, yeah, especially if they let keep the first 2. That's just getting suspicious.
I thought it was at around the same time, but different steelbooks, because @Kersey said it was during the release of all the Star Wars steels, as if suggesting he was buying at least a few, if not all of them, and that's 11 different steelbooks.

Yes retailers are required to cover postage cost to do a return but they are only obliged to cover standard post when customer is doing a return
If a customer wants to use more expensive shipping options to do a return it's at their own expense.
Again with this, no one's talking about any kind of more expensive, special courier, other than the cheapest option available. Are you really copy-pasting blocks of text, and that's why the posts seem robotic and sometimes don't make sense, or contain duplicate and extraneous information?
Most UK retailers won't provide a refund or a replacement unless you do a return of damaged items
Sometimes you may be told by some UK retailers to keep item but that does not happen everytime you be wrong if you think that happens always

It just always happened to me during the last 20 years, and I wasn't always living hell knows where in Siberia, so that is too far from everywhere, and that's the reason all retailers just tell me to keep it.
It was the same, when I was ordering to a UK address in Coventry, to Florida and California addresses. Maybe it's because I didn't do it as often, as some OCD collectors do it here, as a bent corner of a box, slip, or digipack, or even a cracked plastic case, isn't an issue for me. So stores maybe see my 'track record', and believed if I complained, that an item really is damaged, or really didn't arrive/missing, and never asked for a return, or proof/photos.

You cannot expect any retailer to not look for a return of damage items especially when 3 replacements have already been provided

It's standard policy to expect return for a replacement or for a full refund when goods are faulty

Amazon UK most times expect a return and provide postage paid return label depends on delivery country involved
I had do a return majority of the time in regards to Amazon UK the few rare times I had faulty goods from Amazon UK
Only once was I told to keep item since using amazon uk
I been using amazon uk since 2007
Amazon UK returns goto to Amazon in Dublin then to UK

Amazon USA I been told sometimes to keep but not everytime

HMV won't refund or provide a replacement unless you return damaged item
There are many other UK retailers that apply the same rules

Customer account though should not been banned just for getting 3 replacements

The exception would be if a customer sent abusive message to a retailer
I didn't receive three replacements for the same item. One return was for a spine slash on Return of the Jedi. One was for the Phantom of the Menace, which never showed up at my house. The third and final issue was for a massive dent on my Clone Wars steelbook. The dent would have had to have happened before it was shipped because the shipping box had no damage. The spine slashes on ROTJ and missing Phantom steelbooks are issues other customers had as well.

Of the same steelbook? Wow, then, yeah, especially if they let keep the first 2. That's just getting suspicious.
I thought it was at around the same time, but different steelbooks, because @Kersey said it was during the release of all the Star Wars steels, as if suggesting he was buying at least a few, if not all of them, and that's 11 different steelbooks.

Again with this, no one's talking about any kind of more expensive, special courier, other than the cheapest option available. Are you really copy-pasting blocks of text, and that's why the posts seem robotic and sometimes don't make sense, or contain duplicate and extraneous information?

It just always happened to me during the last 20 years, and I wasn't always living hell knows where in Siberia, so that is too far from everywhere, and that's the reason all retailers just tell me to keep it.
It was the same, when I was ordering to a UK address in Coventry, to Florida and California addresses. Maybe it's because I didn't do it as often, as some OCD collectors do it here, as a bent corner of a box, slip, or digipack, or even a cracked plastic case, isn't an issue for me. So stores maybe see my 'track record', and believed if I complained, that an item really is damaged, or really didn't arrive/missing, and never asked for a return, or proof/photos.
Nowhere did I say it was three replacements for the same steelbook. Paul misunderstood. One return was for a spine slash on Return of the Jedi. One was for the Phantom of the Menace, which never showed up at my house. The third and final issue was for a massive dent on my Clone Wars steelbook.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Nowhere did I say it was three replacements for the same steelbook. Paul misunderstood. One return was for a spine slash on Return of the Jedi. One was for the Phantom of the Menace, which never showed up at my house. The third and final issue was for a massive dent on my Clone Wars steelbook.
It's very rare for a retailer to ban a account
Did you say anything in messages that could be taken as rude reply
If you did not my apologies in advance

I know Zavvi customer service replies can be annoying sometimes and test even the most polite customer

It's very rare for a retailer to ban a account
Did you say anything in messages that could be taken as rude reply
If you did not my apologies in advance

I know Zavvi customer service replies can be annoying sometimes and test even the most polite customer
Not anything malicious. The "harshet" thing I said was requiring me to pay postage was illegal.

Reactions: paulboland
Not anything malicious. The "harshet" thing I said was requiring me to pay postage was illegal.
It's not just Zavvi that has banned accounts

Amazon has put bans on some customer accounts on a regular basis
Some was banned from doing returns or had their account suspended or a full close of an account
Amazon doesn't disclose how many returns, how often, and for what reasons they may close an account so customers don't know until it happens

In regards to Zavvi I would though not consider 3 returns in 5 years though as excessive
You must got a zavvi rep who was in bad mood

I would suggest if you want to appeal the ban on your delivery address by requesting someone more higher up in THG management to look at your situation

Due Arrow Films UK and Arrow Video USA websites using Thg ingenuity software platform a ban on delivery address would apply to all retailer websites that use Thg ingenuity software platform
THG ingenuity also run websites for retailers brands that THG don't even own if you not aware for example Homebase UK/Gillette UK/Nestle UK/Nintendo UK
It's not fair in your situation to also be not allowed order direct from Arrow or other retailers websites that use THG website software platform just because what happened with Zavvi

Reactions: Lenny Nero
How many copies do you think will be released @paulboland between Zavvi US and Arrow?
Trying to decide if I should put my 2 deluxe copies on eBay and then just preorder the “reprint,” I assume there identical copies correct?