Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live 18:00 Sat 2/13/2016)
Price: £12.99

11245839-1614365387825063.jpg

11245839-5064365387844836.jpg 11245839-1204365387864828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Artwork is good apart from the fact that it looks very Photoshopped. I've been close to picking up the blu-ray for £3 from CeX a few times... will just wait for a massive price drop on this now instead.

It's great to see this film get another steelbook release as it isn't as well known as it should be.
I don't think the art is good enough for me to consider upgrading from my amaray though.

I dont know if the old artwork is better, but I don't like the fact the new one is directed towards looking like a real horror movie instead of a comedic one. Actually saw this film second time last week, for everyone not having this, id consider giving it a look, WITHOUT watching the trailer.

Such a fun movie. I've seen it a couple times and definitely wouldn't mind adding it to my collection. Also I think this artwork is better than the German steelbook. It matches the film. It is supposed to be goofy.

Not at all unhappy with the artwork or with the lack of imagination evident in replicating almost exactly the earlier slipcover Amaray release.
There are 2 obvious differences though :-
1) No "hot chick" on the front this time around.
2) No large wooden mallet on the front - replaced by what looks like a machete.
I'd be very surprised if there was a black area under the title and expect the "flame" artwork from the Amaray to be reproduced on the steel.

IF GLOSS WITH 'BOSSING TO THE "VS EVIL" I'd guess this could be quite nice :thumbs:

Some catalogue pre-order prices going in the right direction but not quite far enough for an automatic pre-order, alas.

Good little film - enjoyable in the way that "Grabbers" or "Inbred" or "2001 Maniacs" and others similar are enjoyable - for anybody new to this film just having a glance at some brief reviews might give you an idea of what to expect:-

"CRAZY FUN. WONDERFULLY ENTERTAINING" JoBlo

"A delightful horror comedy. Very funny" Jessica Johnson, Time Out Chicago

"An absolute hilarious re-invention of the genre" The Insider

"A droll send-up of the killer-in-the-swamp genre that just gets funnier as it rolls along" Neil Genzlinger, N Y Times

"The laughs are just as much fun as the kills" Devin Faraci, CHUD

"The pitch-perfect mix of horror and comedy. It's a damn riot" Film School Rejects

"AWESOME, you're laughing in a macabre fashion with each new death" Kevin Kelly, Cinematical

"A BELLY-LAUGH inducing debut. One of the best comedic horror films since Shaun of the Dead. Solid writing, brilliantly-executed slapstick comedy, and nicely choreographed scenes of ultra-violence - not to mention amazing chemistry between Tudyk and Labine" Tirdad Dirakshani, Philadelphia Enquirer

"If this isn't one of the funniest horror pics ever, I've got to get out more" Harry S. Karlin, Compuserve

"HILARIOUS, a refreshing horror-comedy bromance" Robert Abele, L A Times

"BRILLIANT, HILARIOUS, GENIUS, it is truly one of the brightest, funniest and just all-round fun horror movies in recent years" Benjamin Dolle, Fangoria

"Doing for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre-type slashers what Shaun of the Dead did for zombie pics . . . " Dennis Harvey, Variety

"An endearingly cheeky tribute to suspense and slasher classics" Hollywood Reporter

"Turns expectations of the backwoods-slashers upside-down and earns a lot of laughs in the process" John Defore, Washington Post

"A BLOODY FUNNY COMEDY that strikes an enjoyable note of congenial gore" Brian Miller, Village Voice/ L A Weekly

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised by the film when I watched it for the first time but I am not sure about the Steelbook artwork. It will probably be a fiver a few weeks/months after release, I might look to pick it up then.

This is a good movie and deserves a release but they edited the artwork from the UK plastic keepcase for this, I don't understand why they felt they needed to remove the female lead from it, o_O also they changed one of the weapons.

I prefer the movie poster artwork that is used on the US bluray, the German steelbook has the disadvantage of the printed back, so I'd more likely go for the new UK release later this year.

UK Blu-ray Standard keepcase.

T&D.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lionet
This is a good movie and deserves a release but they edited the artwork from the UK plastic keepcase for this, I don't understand why they felt they needed to remove the female lead from it, o_O also they changed one of the weapons.

I prefer the movie poster artwork that is used on the US bluray, the German steelbook has the disadvantage of the printed back, so I'd more likely go for the new UK release later this year.

UK Blu-ray Standard keepcase.

View attachment 218485

Yep! If they'd used that art, instant purchase. But as is I'll wait till it's 6.99 or less.

Definitely want to get this, but do you guys think it'll go fast or can we wait for a price drop?