UK people wanting Multi-Region.... look in!

cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
I recently upgraded to 3D and bought myself a new 3D player. I then took it to these guys, who for a fee, can mod a lot of Blu-Ray players to become multi-region

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/

They charge a standard £119 fee (which includes courier collection and delivery) to mod your existing player (or luckily for me they are about a 10 minute drive from my house, so charged £99), or for as low as £149 you can buy a brand new modded Blu-Ray player - List of Players Here

All I have to do now is select via the remote what region I want (1 = A, 2 = B, = C) then turn the player on and I'm good to go.

The guys there are very good and cannot recommend them enough :)

Well, I'm already super impressed with mrmdvd.com - my player arrived first thing this morning (not even 24 hours after ordering), and that was with free delivery selected. Now to set it up and watch my first ever Region A Blu-ray! :D

Hi noodles which machine did you go for on the site?

I recently upgraded to 3D and bought myself a new 3D player. I then took it to these guys, who for a fee, can mod a lot of Blu-Ray players to become multi-region

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/

They charge a standard £119 fee (which includes courier collection and delivery) to mod your existing player (or luckily for me they are about a 10 minute drive from my house, so charged £99), or for as low as £149 you can buy a brand new modded Blu-Ray player - List of Players Here

All I have to do now is select via the remote what region I want (1 = A, 2 = B, = C) then turn the player on and I'm good to go.

The guys there are very good and cannot recommend them enough :)

Big thanks to Cooey for all his help and advice just purchased the Sony BDP-S1700 2D Blu-ray Disc Player Multi region Blu-ray+DVD from MRM. LOoking forward to watching any bluray from anywhere and not have to worry about region codes

Thanks again for all your help

Big thanks to Cooey for all his help and advice just purchased the Sony BDP-S1700 2D Blu-ray Disc Player Multi region Blu-ray+DVD from MRM. LOoking forward to watching any bluray from anywhere and not have to worry about region codes

Thanks again for all your help
I went for the same one (Sony BDP-S1700) based on Matt's recommendation, and so far so good! I tested it with Manta's region A locked Logan Blu-ray, which fired up with no problems. :D

To be honest, my main concern has always been needing extra space for yet another system, but this one is so small that it slotted on my TV unit perfectly. Plus, because it's Sony, the interface is pretty similar to the PS3/PS4, so navigating it feels very familiar to me. :)

Thanks again for the help @cooey! :thumbs:

Hmm, slight problem... it never crossed my mind that the PS4 headset wouldn't be compatible - the player says the USB device/dongle isn't recognised. Do you think plugging them in directly using a USB headphone adapter would work @cooey?

Hmm, slight problem... it never crossed my mind that the PS4 headset wouldn't be compatible - the player says the USB device/dongle isn't recognised. Do you think plugging them in directly using a USB headphone adapter would work @cooey?

No idea mate, I've never had to use headphones with my player. Worth a try though

Reactions: Noodles
With myself getting more steelbooks from other countries and Scream Factory being region locking d-bags I'm tempted to look into getting a multi region player. Seem to hear alot of good things about this mrmdvd company, but right now I'm wondering is it worth my saving up some more and getting one of the 4K multi region players? Might as well right?

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
With myself getting more steelbooks from other countries and Scream Factory being region locking d-bags I'm tempted to look into getting a multi region player. Seem to hear alot of good things about this mrmdvd company, but right now I'm wondering is it worth my saving up some more and getting one of the 4K multi region players? Might as well right?

They are around the corner from me and are a top bunch of blokes, always top quality service :thumbs:

Reactions: TheJoker