Uncharted 2 Megathread

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA

*Click to Order

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an upcoming video game in development by Naughty Dog and to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment exclusively for the PlayStation 3. It is the sequel to the highly successful Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

This entry follows the adventures of protagonist Nathan Drake as he uncovers the mysteries behind 13th-century explorer, Marco Polo, and the ships that he "lost" while returning home to Italy. Following him on his quest will be Chloe Frazer, a new character voiced by Claudia Black of Stargate SG-1 and Farscape. Drake is looking for the Cintamani Stone, a crystal which is said to grant the holder of it a wish, but someone else is also seeking the treasure.

uncharteddrakesfortuneaui3.jpg

The title will feature new gameplay mechanics, such as stealth action segments, and will change the climbing mechanic to allow free movement over walls. Nathan will now be able to flip over certain pieces of furniture to use as cover. The game is also stated to have no loading screens. Drake himself will have a darker side in this outing, and the player will learn what makes him a thief, hence the title.

Bruce Straley, the game director for Uncharted 2, has revealed that the Artificial Intelligence of the enemies will be updated to match the new action-stealth gameplay. Now, the enemies will have peripheral vision, so that they will hunt for Nathan if he briefly appears in their cone of vision. Additionally, the enemies will interact with the environment more, following Nathan as he climbs on buildings or jumps off of ledges.

In addition to new gameplay mechanics, the graphics engine will also be revamped to take advantage of additional PS3 capability. Naughty Dog are aiming to maximize the utilization of the Cell's SPUs, as their estimates for utilization in the first Uncharted were around 30%. As a result, the game is expected to have more realistic environments and animations.
________
HONDA XL 125

Last edited:
3480500474_0c81983daa.jpg

So the rumors are true and we can finally talk about it! As you’ve heard and read, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves will have both competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes.

We managed to keep the secret completely safe for over a year and a half, but right in the home stretch before the embargo lifted today, word got out all over the internet. Of course the leaked info was only the tip of the iceberg and there is a ton of coverage being released today on dozens and dozens of websites. So, pick your favorite videogame news site and go check out the coverage from our event last week. If print magazines are your thing, we’ve gotten word that we’ll also be in more than a few magazines around the world in the next few weeks.

If you’ve been looking closely at our interviews, our team here at Naughty Dog has been growing rapidly and we now have quite a few more Dogs on staff than when work finished on UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune. It shouldn’t be a surprise that we had to grow our studio to tackle the task of creating fully-realized multiplayer and co-op modes that would live up to our own high standards and do the UNCHARTED universe justice. I’m incredibly proud at the excellent work our team has done so far and it shows in the solid gameplay and incredible polish of the little slice we showed press last week. And if you’re dying to get your own hands on it, don’t worry, we’re having a multiplayer beta! It starts on June 3rd and you can get access to it through vouchers in inFamous, which goes on sale May 26th.

We’ll be back soon to talk more about our single player campaign – don’t think for a second we’ve forgotten about that! The rest of our team at Naughty Dog has been hard at work pushing our engine to its limits while creating a campaign that is more expansive and more ambitious than UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune. They’ve even learned a few tricks from our multiplayer and co-op development – truly a win-win situation as all aspects of UNCHARTED 2 are benefiting from the work we’re putting into both single player and multiplayer modes.

Oh, wait! Before you leave check out a multiplayer trailer we just finished before the weekend.

http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/45817c1f

first post is full of red x fail btw

106lh8k.jpg

2607dcz.gif

qx3tkg.jpg

294nklf.jpg

these slowing your computers down? i can't tell if its me or my connection or if i need to close some tabs :p

Last edited:
first post is full of red x fail btw

these slowing your computers down? i can't tell if its me or my connection or if i need to close some tabs :p

slows it down a little bit, and its full of X because Sony changed the site to the official site and took down the images...

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ll be able to get a multiplayer beta voucher inside inFamous no matter where you purchase it.

And, yes, we’re working on getting the beta set up in Europe too (we’ll let you know as soon as we do).

As I stated earlier, the Beta is in every package.

Yeah, but it seems like just about every game out recently has MP and people complain if it doesn't have co-op. Just like they did with KZ2. I figure they'll at least bring in more sales doing that. Some people may have not bought the 1st one because it was SP only. I doubt there will be many sales lost because they added MP/Co-op.

UGH! I HATE multi-player... I bet some of the trophies will be centered around it and I'll never get them, so there goes this platinum...

In other news, great gifs. They were slowing me down a little as well.
________
Wholesale vaporizer

Last edited:
Uncharted 2 designer confirms DLC, hints at more locales, sidekicks

PlayStation.Blog interviewed Uncharted 2: Among Thieves lead designer, Neil Druckmann, during the first-look event for the game's multiplayer modes and ended up learning more about the solo game. Among other tidbits -- many of which we covered in our first preview of the game -- Druckmann spilled more about the game world, who will be in it and how it might grow.

When asked if portions of the game will still be set in jungles, a la Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, he responded, "Yes, you will see lush areas, you'll see all kinds of different areas as you go through the adventure, much more than in Uncharted 1." Druckmann points out that the game's co-op levels are indeed modified versions of single-player locales, paired with a "Battle Manager" designed to keep the experience fresh with each playthrough. Think Left 4 Dead's "director."

Pressed on the possibility of DLC, Druckmann confirmed that Naughty Dog is planning some, saying, "We will be supporting DLC," though he wouldn't go into more detail. He was similarly coy when asked if Nathan Drake will have any sidekicks in the solo adventure apart from the already seen Chloe. "For single player, we've only shown that Drake teams up with Chloe," he began, teasing, "As for who Drake teams up with for the rest of Uncharted 2, we're going to hold our cards to our chest for now." You can see PlayStation.Blog's full video interview after the break.

Source: joystiq.com/2009/05/04/uncharted-2-designer-confirms-dlc-hints-at-more-locales-sideki/