Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Uncharted-3-Revealed-at-VGAs.jpg

uncharted_3_desert2.jpg

With Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune taking place in the jungles of South America and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves being in the Himalayas, where would Naughty Dog logically take the rumored third installment in the Uncharted series? How about the desert? Well, according to “an informed source,” Nathan Drake will be headed to the sand and sun for Uncharted 3.

The same source that claims a reveal for Uncharted 3 will take place at the Spike Video Game Awards is saying that the game will be making a big change in scenery from the lush jungles and snow to the dry desert landscape.

Whether or not this is true, we don’t honestly know (though we hope it is). Sony does have a big announcement to make on December 11 at the Awards show, so we’ll just have to tune in to find out.

A1cQLO64paL._AA1500_.jpg

5246388335_3450122e8d_o.jpg

5246990940_16280dca2d_b.jpg

Pre-Order Standard Edition:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EQCCI4/?tag=hidefnin-20

Pre-Order Collector's Edition:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053OOEAA/?tag=hidefnin-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncharted's Nolan North says third game is 'assured'

Nolan North, the voice behind Uncharted protagonist Nathan Drake, has again reiterated that a third installment in the critically acclaimed adventure series is inevitable, suggesting it would be “financially irresponsible” not to do an Uncharted 3.

"Well I know we're going to be assured a third one. That would just be financially irresponsible, not to do a third one,” North told the Official PlayStation Magazine.

While Uncharted 3 has yet to be officially announced, developer Naughty Dog has previously hinted at a third game, referring to the series as an “ongoing franchise.” North also commented following Uncharted 2’s release that the team are eager to do a sequel.

For now, though, fans will have a brand new Uncharted 2 multiplayer map to look forward to this week, based off of The Fort chapter from the original Uncharted, as well as leaderboards and player card.

Uncharted 3? Nolan North says to use our 'common sense'

Nathan Drake’s voice actor Nolan North has said that although he has been told to remain tight-lipped in regards to a potential sequel to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, he has advised fans to use their own “common sense” to gauge whether or not there’ll be an Uncharted 3.

Speaking in the latest PlayStationChat podcast, North stated, “I’ve been told I can’t say one way or another. But I will ask a question back: Do you think it would be financially responsible of Sony to not make a third game that has made hundreds of millions of dollars for their company?”

“You’ve just got to use your common sense. What do you think? I’m not supposed to say one way or the other. I would encourage everyone to tap into their common sense.”

“I’m sure if we all used our common sense, I’m sure that decision from Sony will be very, very soon.”

“Not that I would know anyway. I would think that we would just have to hope that our senses are finely tuned into how the industry works. Not that I’m saying anything one way or the other. You should understand that… You should all think about what would be sound decisions.”

This isn’t the first time North has broached the subject of Uncharted 3. Back in January, he told GamePro that he is working on a sequel to both Uncharted 2 and Assassin’s Creed 2, in addition to "a couple of other big premiers that are still unannounced."

2011 for sure. They'll spend the extra cash flow to get more designers on hand if need be ... trust me, 2011.

Uncharted 3 mentioned by UAE media company

Fresh evidence pointing to the development of a third entry in Naughty Dog’s Uncharted franchise has cropped up today courtesy of an interview with a Middle Eastern-based media company.

Rubicon Holding bigwig Ghassan Ayoubi let slip during a chat with The National that “the third installment in the Uncharted series” is currently in the works while discussing plans to localize new games for Arab audiences as part of a partnership with MEC. A key ingredient to this move involves the editing of content in games in an effort to stop them from being banned outright.

The initiative will kick off with existing titles before making the transition to in-development projects, with Ayoubi stating the firm aims to localize “two to four games per year.” Apparently, the first possible games targeted for localisation are none other than Uncharted 3 as well as FIFA 11.

A third title in the adventure series has yet to be formally announced, though we know Naughty Dog is currently working on its next game that is apparently “too far along” to include Move support. Furthermore, Nathan Drake voice actor Nolan North labelled an Uncharted 3 as “common sense” given the mammoth success of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Rumor: Uncharted 3 to take place in the desert

According to an “informed source” that’s been whispering in the ears of eagle-eyed bloggers Kotaku this week, Naughty Dog plans on packing cocky hero Nathan Drake off to the desert for his next adventure in Uncharted 3.

Sadly that’s about all the site could squeeze out of the source on the matter, though it’s worth pointing out that this is the same folks who previously let slip that the game will be unveiled at Spike’s 2010 Video Game Awards on December 11.

Previous Uncharted games have included locations such as South American jungles and the Himalayas, so a desert setting seems like the next logical step if Naughty Dog are attempting to keep things fresh.

Rumor: Uncharted 3 to take place in the desert

According to an “informed source” that’s been whispering in the ears of eagle-eyed bloggers Kotaku this week, Naughty Dog plans on packing cocky hero Nathan Drake off to the desert for his next adventure in Uncharted 3.

Sadly that’s about all the site could squeeze out of the source on the matter, though it’s worth pointing out that this is the same folks who previously let slip that the game will be unveiled at Spike’s 2010 Video Game Awards on December 11.

Previous Uncharted games have included locations such as South American jungles and the Himalayas, so a desert setting seems like the next logical step if Naughty Dog are attempting to keep things fresh.

thx 4 the info, im excited for this game.

i'm excited for it also,After Beating uncharted 2 and going along with the awesome story line,I ended up playing MW 2 single player beating that and I Thought that Game ending was such garbage because uncharted spoiled me so much...

that's how good it was to me,nothing compared to uncharted 2,last time i ever got into a game was Golden eye 64.

Great, as if we're not already jealous of Entertainment Weekly for the easy access to the hunkiest actors and sexiest starlets of today and tomorrow, now we have to hate them because they've seen Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The game, due in 2011, will feature Drake and partner Sully on a hunt for a lost city, a journey that leads them to the Arabian Peninsula and Rub' al Khali Desert. (Note the sandy "Exhibit A" above.) The story not only lifts from the life of Sir Francis Drake but also British Army officer and archeologist T.E. Lawrence (yes, as in "of Arabia").

EW's preview later reveals a few new gameplay tweaks, most notably the ability to fight several enemies at once, and an expanded multiplayer offering. They've even got the teaseriest of teaser trailers, the practical upshot of which is that we'll have to wait until Saturday's VGAs to get a good look at the thing.

We can't wait.

unchar3.jpg

teaser here

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/12/09/uncharted-3-first-look/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/09/uncover-the-truth-in-uncharted-3/

Uncover the truth in UNCHARTED 3!

Posted by Arne Meyer // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

No need to scan that headline twice and make sure you read it right – UNCHARTED 3 is real.

This morning, Entertainment Weekly revealed the next chapter in the critically-acclaimed, top-selling UNCHARTED franchise – UNCHARTED3: Drake’s Deception.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception continues to evolve the all of the core principles we laid out for the UNCHARTED franchise, most important of which is creating a unmatched and extremely compelling interactive cinematic experience. In addition to having a compelling story and authentic characters that all of our fans can relate to as key facets to creating this type of experience, we push ourselves and the capability of the PlayStation hardware through constantly refined gameplay mechanics and technology innovation. Our dedication to creating the best interactive cinematic experience can be seen in our last two games – UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. We’re especially honored and humbled that both titles have been so successful, selling nearly 8 million units combined and earning more industry awards and accolades than we can keep track of. We’ve set the bar very high for us to outdo the past successes of our previous UNCHARTED games. We’re looking forward to taking on this challenge to top ourselves and create a truly unforgettable interactive cinematic experience that everyone can enjoy.

So, if you’re wondering what UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception has in store for you, we wanted to share some early details.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception features the return of famed fortune hunter Nathan Drake and follows him through a gripping, action-packed storyline that will take you all over the world. In his search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands,” Nathan Drake and longtime friend and mentor Victor Sullivan set off on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert. But when terrible secrets of this lost city are uncovered, their journey becomes a desperate bid for survival that will force Drake to confront his deepest fears.

Throughout UNCHARTED 3, you’ll be taken to spectacular new locations around the globe,that will showcase all of the work we’ve taken on to take acclaimed physics, particle and visual effects to a new level.

Competitive and co-op multiplayer will return as a key ingredient to the UNCHARTED 3 package, where all of the new features we have planned will combine with our signature single-player cinematic gameplay to create a unique action-adventure multiplayer experience that can only be found in the UNCHARTED universe.

Oh, and there’s one more thing – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception fully supports high-resolution Stereoscopic 3D.

We’re looking forward to exploring it all with you in the months to come. Be sure to hit up your local newsstand tomorrow and pick up a copy of the December 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly – you’ll find a ton of additional details on UNCHARTED 3 and the new art shown above in glorious, full color print. Enjoy!

click pic for really huge version

Looking about the same graphics wise which is good but from the jungle to the desert i can only imagine the mystic creatures he will undoubtedly run into.