Uncharted 3 (PS3 Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Aug 22, 2011
England
(I figured this deserved a thread of it's own. Thanks for the heads up Ashcroft and Mayflower!)

I've seen some eBay sales listing a stand alone steelbook release for this. They all seem to be in Hong Kong. I'm guessing they're probably fake, unless anyone else has found a genuine source for this?

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/games.asp?sku=36400

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/news/pressDetail/243654

369c57ba08804dd7dab83efcff55b930aac525d7

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I might get the HK Steelbook version then. It's in English, and the eBay seller listing it will box it for an extra $5 AUD. If I avoid the import tax (and the listing implies they'll help you avoid that), it'll work out at about £45-£50.

I'll try to find an official retailer before resorting to eBay though.

I was thinking about getting the HK steelbook version, but it came out to be around $70 shipped to the USA. I might as well order the collector edition for an extra $30...possible an extra $10 as Amazon might have $20 credit on new releases to compete with other retailers.

Think I might get the HK Steelbook version then. It's in English, and the eBay seller listing it will box it for an extra $5 AUD. If I avoid the import tax (and the listing implies they'll help you avoid that), it'll work out at about £45-£50.

I'll try to find an official retailer before resorting to eBay though.

Well, in my case the choices are £45 for the UK LE (some sort of digibook), £85 for the US CE (with a good chance of paying an extra £20 for import tax), or £51 for the HK steelbook boxed and marked as a gift.

Or I could just sod the whole thing and rent it from Lovefilm.

FYI,

I just place my order with hmv HK for the steelbook only...it came out to be around $63 shipped to the USA.

Love it...I didn't want to spend $100 for the only the steelbook in the collector's edition.

Last edited:
I cancelled the USA version because the steelbook is the same.

I didn't want to pay $100 and throw away the statue. I rather just pay $60 for the steelbook only from hmv HK.

Are you also getting the USA version?

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

it's the same steelbook :) All the wordings in the front is just a clear slipcover with wordings.

I still like the US version better.

I have the NA version pre-ordered as well. Does anyone know if the CE gets the slipcover too? In the previous unboxing done by Nolan North, there was no slipcover... but that might be not the final retail version. The Chinese subtitles is tempting though... if my parents or something ever decide to play Uncharted. :p

Looks like it would cost about £36 shipping from HMV hk. But there could be about another £15 on top of that for import tax and charges, and I have no idea how they would package it.

I ordered one of these SteelBooks™. :scat:

It ended up costing about the same as what a copy of the regular domestic version would have. I really had no desire for the other extras that come with the Collector's Edition (especially for $40 more).

nice! I know what you mean...also this edition...you get the slipcover which is a bonus :scat:

I ordered one of these SteelBooks™. :scat:

It ended up costing about the same as what a copy of the regular domestic version would have. I really had no desire for the other extras that come with the Collector's Edition (especially for $40 more).

Mine was shipped today. I received the UK Book version in the post today too (decided I couldn't wait 2 weeks to play the game), and I may just have to keep both versions as this one is just as nice as any steelbook.

I'm fine with waiting a few weeks for it to arrive. Between Dark Souls and Skyrim, I wouldn't be getting to it for quite a while anyway. :ohno:

Skyrim is 10 whole days away. If anything, I've got to beat everything else I want to play before then, or it'll be gathering dust for at least a month after Skyrim hits.