Union Strike at German Post/DHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyx9

Premium Supporter
Feb 9, 2013
Germany
Hi,Ninjas,

There is a massive Union Strike at German Post /DHL at the moment.Millions of Packages and even more Letters in the distribution centers all over Germany are waiting for delivery.And it´s getting Millions more every Day.The Strike may go on for several more Weeks,no one knows how long it will last atm.

This is just an Info for Members waiting for Packages from Germany or planning to ship here.

It´s a massive Chaos.

So,be patient.

Cheers

@smileyx9

Thanks SO MUCH for the heads up :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbs: .

Just my luck caved in and won a Media Market WWZ Oh well :sorry:.

HOPE it is resolved soon nothing worse than Snail mail on a bigger go stopped :banghead: .

Hope you´ll get your Parcel soon,Mate.
About 32,000/140000 are on Strike atm.
Just a small Impression what going on atm,and it get´s worse every single Day.

Shot by someone with a private Camera:
31006630,33739322,dmFlashTeaserRes,IMG-20150619-W_5.jpg

As i said,patience

Cheers

Hope you´ll get your Parcel soon,Mate.
About 32,000/140000 are on Strike atm.
Just a small Impression what going on atm,and it get´s worse every single Day.

Shot by someone with a private Camera:
View attachment 170177

As i said,patience

Cheers

It will get here when it gets here :giggle: . I'v waited this long no biggie honerst :angel:. It will make me aprechiate it more thats all :D .

The people I feel for are perants with Kids that DONT understand when something they want /need dosen't arrive . We have done that one here :banghead: .

Anyone else who are NEEDING anything important court in that lot :dunno: .

When it's over done and dusted the people dilivering ALL THAT backlog :wow: .

My thoughts are with EVERYONE who has anything stuck in that lot :ohno: .

Reactions: smileyx9
I have 2 steelbooks ordered with amazon.de that was shipped on the 24th June
The estimated delivery date is by 1st of July

I doubt very much that will happen considering it was sent using Deutsche Post DHL

I just hope with the strike and delays my parcel don't get damaged
Its a pain with postal strikes the delays they cause and the backlog they create of undelivered parcels

Whenever my parcel does arrive as long as my steelbooks are perfect is all that matters especially as one on the steelbooks is now out of stock and only available from third party sellers

• Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
@smileyx9
just a question though, now that they are on strike, I assume post offices do not accept any more parcel for shipping and they will have to wait for strike to be over before being able to mail anything ?

wouldn't make sense that they would still accept packages everyday if there is no handling of them, the post office would just get filled up ?

I know when there is s strike in Canada, basically they don't accept parcel at the post office, we can't mail, anything as they are on strike and accumulating packages that would not move would not make any sense.

@smileyx9
just a question though, now that they are on strike, I assume post offices do not accept any more parcel for shipping and they will have to wait for strike to be over before being able to mail anything ?

wouldn't make sense that they would still accept packages everyday if there is no handling of them, the post office would just get filled up ?

I know when there is s strike in Canada, basically they don't accept parcel at the post office, we can't mail, anything as they are on strike and accumulating packages that would not move would not make any sense.

They still accept the parcels and according to the German Post still a delivery Quote up to 80%.But that´s a lie. From 100 Test Letters only 38 were delivered within 3 Days-that´s not 80% .No one knows how long this Strike will go on-both Parties won´t move a single Step towards each other.

They still accept the parcels and according to the German Post still a delivery Quote up to 80%.But that´s a lie. From 100 Test Letters only 38 were delivered within 3 Days-that´s not 80% .No one knows how long this Strike will go on-both Parties won´t move a single Step towards each other.

Thank you for the info :grumpy:

Reactions: smileyx9
I have 2 steelbooks ordered with amazon.de that was shipped on the 24th June
The estimated delivery date is by 1st of July

I doubt very much that will happen considering it was sent using Deutsche Post DHL

I just hope with the strike and delays my parcel don't get damaged
Its a pain with postal strikes the delays they cause and the backlog they create of undelivered parcels

Whenever my parcel does arrive as long as my steelbooks are perfect is all that matters especially as one on the steelbooks is now out of stock and only available from third party sellers
I also have steelbook's ordered from Amazon.de, I totally agree with you, don't care when they turn up (within reason) as long as they are not damaged, may I ask what the OOS steel is you are waiting on?

I also have steelbook's ordered from Amazon.de, I totally agree with you, don't care when they turn up (within reason) as long as they are not damaged, may I ask what the OOS steel is you are waiting on?
I ordered Poltergeist and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory steelbooks all in 1 order
At the moment the German steelbook of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory is only available from third party sellers
So if Charlie arrives damaged It will mean arranging a refund and then me having to order the French version if that's still available

I ordered Poltergeist and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory steelbooks all in 1 order
At the moment the German steelbook of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory is only available from third party sellers
So if Charlie arrives damaged It will mean arranging a refund and then me having to order the French version if that's still available
I'm currently waiting on Five from Amazon.de so I am a little concerned, hopefully with Amazon's packaging we'll be ok...

Reactions: paulboland
I'm currently waiting on Five from Amazon.de so I am a little concerned, hopefully with Amazon's packaging we'll be ok...
Amazon German packaging if your order has more than 1 item is usually safe as they most of the time ship both in the usual steelbook packaging and these are then in a box to protect both

When its only one steelbook and packaging is the usual packaging its hit and miss I have found if it arrives mint or damaged
I have a few arrive that have paint chips and some with bad dents

I decided after a few previous Amazon Germany Steelbook orders to only order 2 or more different steelbooks in one order as the packaging is better well has been on recent orders

With your order is it 5 steelbook in one order or 5 separate orders

Amazon German packaging if your order has more than 1 item is usually safe as they most of the time ship both in the usual steelbook packaging and these are then in a box to protect both

When it only one steelbook and packaging is the usual packaging its hit and miss I have found if it arrives mint or damaged
I have a few arrive that have paint chips and some with bad dents

I decided after a few previous Amazon Germany Steelbook orders to only order 2 or more different steelbooks in one order as the packaging is better well has been on recent orders

With your order is it 5 steelbook in one order or 5 separate orders
I have 1 order which is 3 steelbook's which I placed months ago, but I opted for them to be shipped together when they were all released, and I ordered 2 yesterday, so hopefully I should be okay, thank you for the info, I'll only be ordering 2 or more for sure now that I know what you have told me....

Reactions: paulboland
Hi Ninjas,you´ll receive your Parcels-no doubt about that-but it will take some Time.

Here some facts ,so you´ll know why those Guys are on strike:

German Post/DHL earned a profit(2014) of 3 Billion Euros and planning to increase this up to 5 Billion up to 2020. Nomally it´s okay for a company to earn huge Profit´s these Days.
BUT

The facts : Postman mailman and Deutsche Post are located since June 8 in the indefinite strike . Background of the conflict is the establishment of 49 regional companies for parcel delivery , where to date approximately 6,000 delivery man not by the pay scale of the post , but for many lower ( up to 20% , no holiday pay , Christmas bonus and less vacation ) , regional collective agreements of logistics industry are paid . A final ultimatum union Ver.di had the post elapse before. In the labor dispute it goes nationwide to pay and working hours for 140,000 employees . The trade union DPV calls for an indefinite strike , which will be expanded gradually .

Do you Guys want to work for 20% less next Month? I guess not.

I hope this Nightmare ends soon.

As you're resident in the UK, you won't be affected by the DHL industrial action. For some time now, if you reside in the UK and order from any of Amazon's European sites, the packages are shipped initially to Amazon's UK distribution centre and then posted locally using Royal Mail.

My copy of "Jupiter Ascending" was shipped on Wednesday (24/6) and delivered on Saturday (27/6).

For those living in other countries, I would hope that there are contingency plans in place to enable their packages to be shipped to them by other means.

I got delivery of my Amazon Germany order so the Strike so far not having any effect with Amazon deliveries
My expected delivery date was 1st July
I got delivery on 1st July
11222067_10206616888161460_5529866842000717849_n.jpg

Ordered Bloodsport from Amazon.de on June 21st. Estimated delivery was July 9th. Didn't know about these strikes however. At least now if it's late I know why. Thanks for the info @smileyx9

Status
Not open for further replies.