paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV)

12691550-1724798474262715.jpg

12691550-1204798474289646.jpg
12691550-1634798474304481.jpg
12691550-2594798474244898.jpg
12691550-4894798474276332.jpg
12691550-6354798474320297.jpg
12691550-7014798474348932.jpg
12691550-3384798474334955.jpg

Last edited:
I dumped Zavvi after a couple of recent customs hits to Germany,, apparently A.UK on way...
Zavvi ship from. Channel Islands Guernsey
Guernsey is not a EU country or part of the UK
Channel Islands are British Crown dependencies

Vat is not included in price for those based outside UK
Delivery to UK Address vat is included due to channel islands been british crown dependencies

Reason why some EU countries customs look for Vat payment is because Guernsey is not part of the EU or UK

Zavvi ship from. Channel Islands Guernsey
Guernsey is not a EU country or part of the UK
Channel Islands are British Crown dependencies

Vat is not included in price for those based outside UK
Delivery to UK Address vat is included due to channel islands been british crown dependencies

Reason why some EU countries customs look for Vat payment is because Guernsey is not part of the EU or UK

Cheers, yeah aware, had more luck in the past, but not lately. Crack down to fill gaps in Gov coffers in these troubled times, maybe...

Does anyone know of any clues pointing to the next Titan? Really hope they do Bladerunner 2049 or the shining next. V for vendetta is nice; 4K transfer went well imo, nice hdr and intact grain. Nice to have a film new to 4K in UK for a change too.

...still nothing from Amazon UK !

Edit " We're just about to ship this order, and it's on track to be delivered by Mon, Nov 16. "

Received my copy today, they should have gone with a clear acrylic case instead.
You open this case up a bunch of time eventually its gonna rip, also the glue from the j card is now stuck on the front case....
Not sure what to do with the paper sleeve that holds the steelbook.
I might get rid of the casing+paper sleeve just gonna keep the steelbook and pin, Steelbook looks stunning the eyes pop cant wait to display this steelbook on my wall! :joy:

Anyone know if a paper sleeve can scratch or fade the artwork?

• Informative
Reactions: Shark
Received my copy today, they should have gone with a clear acrylic case instead.
You open this case up a bunch of time eventually its gonna rip, also the glue from the j card is now stuck on the front case....
Not sure what to do with the paper sleeve that holds the steelbook.
I might get rid of the casing+paper sleeve just gonna keep the steelbook and pin, Steelbook looks stunning the eyes pop cant wait to display this steelbook on my wall! :joy:

Anyone know if a paper sleeve can scratch or fade the artwork?
The scratching thing worries me. Same with the Halloween clear slipcase. Probably depends on how often you re visit the movie. Just have to make sure both are clean before putting it back. I like the paper cut out though; it’s a nice touch. Imagine what titans could do with 2049. Fingers crossed. Anything red always fades in bright sunlight so unless you want the cut out pattern burning onto your steelbook I’d keep it off. The steelbook itself is a sun damage magnet.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Billy Talent
The scratching thing worries me. Same with the Halloween clear slipcase. Probably depends on how often you re visit the movie. Just have to make sure both are clean before putting it back. I like the paper cut out though; it’s a nice touch. Imagine what titans could do with 2049. Fingers crossed. Anything red always fades in bright sunlight so unless you want the cut out pattern burning onto your steelbook I’d keep it off. The steelbook itself is a sun damage magnet.

Thanks, so might as well place the steelbook on the wall in my movie room no sunlight there just a cool white fluorescent bulb that illuminates the room.
Fluorescent light doesn't damage the artwork right, it doesn't make the colors of the steelbook fade away?

Thanks, so might as well place the steelbook on the wall in my movie room no sunlight there just a cool white fluorescent bulb that illuminates the room.
Fluorescent light doesn't damage the artwork right, it doesn't make the colors of the steelbook fade away?
Fluorescent light only produces a small amount of uv so should be ok. only LED lights are completely safe apparently. Just think direct sunlight is the one to worry about. That’s why red cars fade the worst if not properly protected. I’m pretty new to the steelbook collecting thing but paint is paint. I don’t think I’d leave sealed steelbooks in direct sunlight either because the j card will shield a small part and if ever opened I imagine there would be a pristine area where the j card was. Just a thought.

• Thanks
Reactions: Billy Talent
Does anyone know of any clues pointing to the next Titan? Really hope they do Bladerunner 2049 or the shining next. V for vendetta is nice; 4K transfer went well imo, nice hdr and intact grain. Nice to have a film new to 4K in UK for a change too.

I'd be in a quandary with Blade Runner 2049 as I really like the HMV steel but would love to see what they do.

Reactions: Retro Parrot