paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV)

12691550-1724798474262715.jpg

12691550-1204798474289646.jpg
12691550-1634798474304481.jpg
12691550-2594798474244898.jpg
12691550-4894798474276332.jpg
12691550-6354798474320297.jpg
12691550-7014798474348932.jpg
12691550-3384798474334955.jpg

Last edited:
A brilliant film I'm in for this one :thumbs:
Just ordered the Ready player one release as well.

Good movie, a bit corny at times. Interested/worried to see what they come up with. I do appreciate TOC for trying to be original and unique, it's just that they kinda suck at it most of the time. Maybe this will be an exception though.

Not really sure why some folks are less than enthused with some of the ToC releases.
I don't think they yet have the legs to put out Premiums of say the quality of FAC, HDZ, et al but I think they are off to a good start.
As time progresses, we may see more exotic flair to their releases but currently, for the price point, I'm content. :)

As with new upstart "Imprint" courtesy of Via Vision.
New labels need a bit of time to breathe I'd suggest, as the financiers are no doubt quite nervous in how much to invest in 'Hard Copy' media when they see the flurry of activity surrounding streaming.
No one is holding a gun to my head to purchase these and there's lots of other places to pick up beloved titles.
I recall when some of the "Big Gun' Premium labels were in their infancy (not really that long ago) and the selections were not at the calibre we currently see, by a long shot. ;)
I'm patient, there's no shortage of labels to support currently.

I think ToC will do us quite well with "V" and I for one will buy it. :happy:

Reactions: MrSquifler
I wish all the best to ToC too: I'm collecting them regardless of the jokes or comments I make on the overall products. I like what I've got so far, even though some releases have stumbled from a steelbook potential.

I think the publishing and promotional content set a president that the final product didn't live up to, such as the potential to dial up emboss/deboss factors to 11 etc, but didn't come true. The gifts and selections is nice and the packaging is great too IMO.

Yes, with everything, if they grow and can keep the majority of customers happy which I think they have, then good luck to them. Just don't start turning out flat mediocre art on steelbooks and with great additions and packaging, or that will be boring rather quickly.

Reactions: Grendel and Noodles
So another non cult movie (not a great one either), Their name is so silly.
Also, I just don’t see that whatever they come up with topping the previous Zavvi release.

Also, All those premium retailers in their infancy still killed it. These are like 6 releases in now and still not doing it for me. 2001 is their best design overall but we're yet to see the finished project. And this title has caught my attention but yet to see the design. Could still be a awful design (and finished project)

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Ok easy there... don’t be throwing that word around so lightly.
I don't see any flaw in the movie, scenario, film photography or anything else... The story written by Alan Moore is one of the best out there and it's very believable, so it may be not a masterpiece for some, but it's definetly there with the best of our times IMHO.

Reactions: Flloydo and DMD4k
I don't see any flaw in the movie, scenario, film photography or anything else... The story written by Alan Moore is one of the best out there and it's very believable, so it may be not a masterpiece for some, but it's definetly there with the best of our times IMHO.
you have to forgive him... @DMD4k has a very bad movie taste