paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV)

12691550-1724798474262715.jpg

12691550-1204798474289646.jpg
12691550-1634798474304481.jpg
12691550-2594798474244898.jpg
12691550-4894798474276332.jpg
12691550-6354798474320297.jpg
12691550-7014798474348932.jpg
12691550-3384798474334955.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see any flaw in the movie, scenario, film photography or anything else... The story written by Alan Moore is one of the best out there and it's very believable, so it may be not a masterpiece for some, but it's definetly there with the best of our times IMHO.
I think it's a cult film, so in that sense I think ToC got it right this time.
I'm just not sure it's a masterpiece.

@paulboland why is ToC releasing only WB titles?
The licence contract they have at the moment is for Warner films
Titans of Cult did answer a question on social media a person asked will these be only warner films they gave the reply there will be later releases from other film studios

As to when the other film studios releases will start to be done we will just have to wait for when that happens

Warner have a large film back catalouge with a good few films that sell well as re-releases

The licence contract they have at the moment is for Warner films
Titans of Cult did answer a question on social media a person asked will these be only warner films they gave the reply there will be later releases from other film studios

As to when the other film studios releases will start to be done we will just have to wait for when that happens

Warner have a large film back catalouge with a good few films that sell well as re-releases
Yeah you're right. They just announced Interstellar on an exclusive 4k steelbook!

is what i wanna scream when ToC will make this happen

but i'm scared it won't happen :(

It’s definitely not a cult movie, it did ok on release to average reviews.

If it wasn’t for the occasional steelbook release I would honestly forget that this film was ever made.

Reactions: Hereticz
100% a cult film and it was successful at the box office (number 1 in some countries) and the DVD and blu ray sales were Just as huge. Same as the sales for the guy Fawkes masks since 2005..... every aspect of this film became cult

And I agree it’s also a masterpiece.
Like children of men, I love that Britain prevails. It’s an interesting setting. A strong iconic setting with a powerful message

As far as graphic novel adaptations go, this and watchmen for example are 2 of the best

The first time you meet V and he has that whole introduction with every word beginning with a V will always be stuck in my mind..... plus Portman shaves her f**king head and still looks incredible

Last edited:
100% a cult film and it was successful at the box office (number 1 in some countries) and the DVD and blu ray sales were Just as huge. Same as the sales for the guy Fawkes masks since 2005..... every aspect of this film became cult

Like children of men, I love that Britain prevails. It’s an interesting setting. A strong iconic setting with a powerful message

As far as graphic novel adaptations go, this and watchmen for example are 2 of the best

The first time you meet V and he has that whole introduction with every word beginning with a V will always be stuck in my mind..... plus Portman shaves her f**king head and still looks incredible
THIS

Reactions: Flloydo

v_speech.JPG

Moore is mad but he is a bona fide genius.

Reactions: gAnX and Flloydo

funny thing is, cult films tend to be the opposite most the time... poor sales both theatrically and home media, critically and the normal public. Sometimes down to marketing and usually word of mouth because the wrong people see the film in question. Films like that, that then become cult usually have a small fan base that grows over time, usually 10 years plus.
But there’s a few that hit all the good points from the start and still become massively cult where others burn out before they can reach cult status. This film is one of those examples that hit all the right points from the start and stands up today with a huge cult fan base

Reactions: Punker76
I recall not liking this film at all and I don't remember a thing about it so I'm really surprised to see how many people like it as much as they do.
same goes for me with Midsommar (and i really liked Hereditary)...

i loved V, especially Hugo, even we didn't see his face on any scene, yet he expressed everything... for steelbook, so far i wasn't crazy about any of the ToC releases (tones, styles, not a fan) and i don't think this one would be an exception so i'll just go with regular amaray and keep the 4K disc inside that black Zavvi release, which i think still looks great...

Last edited:
Used to be "tradition" for me to watch this every year on or around Nov 5th and I never tired of watching it. Been a while since I last saw it though, so will definitely be giving it a rewatch as soon as this is released. :D

Used to be "tradition" for me to watch this every year on or around Nov 5th and I never tired of watching it. Been a while since I last saw it though, so will definitely be giving it a rewatch as soon as this is released. :D
remember, remember the 5th of November