paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV)

12691550-1724798474262715.jpg

12691550-1204798474289646.jpg
12691550-1634798474304481.jpg
12691550-2594798474244898.jpg
12691550-4894798474276332.jpg
12691550-6354798474320297.jpg
12691550-7014798474348932.jpg
12691550-3384798474334955.jpg

Last edited:
I've been having a quick look at lot lists of the best cult movies ever, from top 25 to best 100, I've not seen V for vendetta on any them yet.
So far Blade Runner is the only TOC release I noticed that has made it on to any top or best cult movie list.

funny thing is, cult films tend to be the opposite most the time... poor sales both theatrically and home media, critically and the normal public. Sometimes down to marketing and usually word of mouth because the wrong people see the film in question. Films like that, that then become cult usually have a small fan base that grows over time, usually 10 years plus.
But there’s a few that hit all the good points from the start and still become massively cult where others burn out before they can reach cult status. This film is one of those examples that hit all the right points from the start and stands up today with a huge cult fan base
Exactly, and one of the best examples that comes to mind is The Shawshank Redemption which didn't do well at the box office but was a huge success on physical media.

Exactly, and one of the best examples that comes to mind is The Shawshank Redemption which didn't do well at the box office but was a huge success on physical media.

I still think one of the biggest turn arounds was big trouble in little China. They just did not know how to market it. Was it a comedy. Was it action. Was it horror etc etc etc. look at it now. And personally I found it a masterpiece since the day 1 I see it when I was about 10. Same as the thing to a degree. Both so cult now but didn’t do too well at the time. And both 2 of my favourite films.... although i got into the thing in my early 20s

I still think one of the biggest turn arounds was big trouble in little China. They just did not know how to market it. Was it a comedy. Was it action. Was it horror etc etc etc. look at it now. And personally I found it a masterpiece since the day 1 I see it when I was about 10. Same as the thing to a degree. Both so cult now but didn’t do too well at the time. And both 2 of my favourite films.... although i got into the thing in my early 20s

Most of John Carpenter's movies could be considered cult really. I'd love a ToC release of Escape from New York with the tape as the pin badge...

Most of John Carpenter's movies could be considered cult really. I'd love a ToC release of Escape from New York with the tape as the pin badge...
I doubt that will happen
I would be very surprised if StudioCanal licence out films from their back catalouge to Titans of Cult especially in regards to europe

Reactions: MrSquifler
So another non cult movie (not a great one either), Their name is so silly.
Also, I just don’t see that whatever they come up with topping the previous Zavvi release.

LMAO!!!!! Yeah not "cult" which is why virtually every masked protestor around the world at some point wears the mask used in the film, and is the mask symbol for Anonymous for what the film stood for. Yes not cult in anyway at all HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: It's more cult worldwide that literally any film in the last 30 years! It might not make cult critic lists but then they are laughable at best and often miss out loads of cult films.

Reactions: Granada
LMAO!!!!! Yeah not "cult" which is why virtually every masked protestor around the world at some point wears the mask used in the film, and is the mask symbol for Anonymous for what the film stood for. Yes not cult in anyway at all HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: It's more cult worldwide that literally any film in the last 30 years! It might not make cult critic lists but then they are laughable at best and often miss out loads of cult films.

Wearing a stupid mask while protesting over whatever is in fashion at the time does not make it a cult film nor a good film a 3* movie that ages a little more badly each year.

Ps, Critics do not make cult films people do and they haven’t on this occasion.

Reactions: Hereticz