Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 27, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £29.99 - £41.99 - £25

91cWOPWHFnL._SY445_.jpg

81TAwSTbWNL._SL1500_.jpgA11iGwW90CL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Another to add to the list of recent/upcoming steelbook releases for the same film with two distinctly different artwork choices - one bright, shiny and 'metallic' . . . the other Artistic and dark by comparison (SM: HOMECOMING, BLADE RUNNER 2049 ............)

As already mentioned this artwork is the one favoured by Mr. Besson himself and although not a fan myself I feel it might be better in-hand . . . certainly a tremendous contrast to the images just revealed for the France editions:-
Spot-gloss to front and back:-

2xBD-50 + 3D ---------------------------------------------- 2xBD-50 + 1xBD-66 (4K UHD)
upload_2017-10-15_14-48-29.png
upload_2017-10-15_14-49-13.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Lionet
Do you reckon this film was filmed using a 3D camera?
Or converted afterwards ?
The movie wasn’t shot in 3D it was filmed using 2D cameras
3D conversion was done

Besson believes the conversion process is great now and doesn’t want to shoot in 3D because the he doesn’t want the 3D camera to dictate how he shoots

My copy has been despatched today. I pay for prime and it is being delivered by royal mail, eta Tuesday. At least I will get it at 10am time and not have to wait up all day.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
My copy has been despatched today. I pay for prime and it is being delivered by royal mail, eta Tuesday. At least I will get it at 10am time and not have to wait up all day.
How do you know you will get it by 10am? Is that your normal Royal Mail delivery time? For me, it's anytime from about to 10:30am to 6:30pm (and, no I am not joking!). Mine is coming via Amazon Shipping, although whenever they quote a date 2-3 days in the future, it always seems to end up coming a day early! So, although mine is scheduled to come on Tuesday as well, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually came tomorrow. I received an item today that they said would be delivered tomorrow! Seems strange to complain about stuff coming earlier than expected, but sometimes for larger items it has been an issue for me - especially if I have been arranging for someone to be at home to receive it!!

Last edited:
Mine dispatched yesterday and came today, standard free delivery, very impressed :D
Although it was in one of those crappy cardboard envelopes :confused: luckily it was fine.