Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - In theaters July 21, 2017

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Luc Besson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Cara Delevingne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dane DeHaan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Clive Owen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rihanna[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ethan Hawke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Goodman[/ACTOR]

Plot: A dark force threatens Alpha, a vast metropolis and home to species from a thousand planets. Special operatives Valerian and Laureline must race to identify the marauding menace and safeguard not just Alpha, but the future of the universe.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
jfIpMh79fGRqYJ6PwZLCntzgxlF.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Luc Besson joined Twitter earlier today and announced his big new Sci-Fi Project 'Valerian'.
Starring Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne.

This is based on the graphic novel of the same name, Valerian.

In Luc Besson's Valerian, DeHaan and Delevingne will play the iconic characters Valerian and Laureline. Besson will write and direct the film. Virginie Besson Silla will produce on behalf of EuropaCorp which will finance, produce and distribute the film. Valerian, which has influenced generations of Sci-Fi writers and directors, was created by Pierre Christin and Jean-Claude Mezieres in 1967 and has since sold over 10 million copies in 21 languages. Production is set to begin at the end of this year with a global release slated for summer 2017. Description from Amazon: "Valerian and his partner, Laureline, are agents for the vast Galaxity organization. In the past their missions have taken them to all corners of the galaxy and through time as well. But now Galaxity is gone, and Valerian and Laureline are dependent upon their meager remaining resources and their ingenuity."

IMG_0803.JPG
FullSizeRender-3.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nefilim
Cara Delevingne shares a video from the Valerian set via Comingsoon

Filming continues on Luc Besson’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and actress Cara Delevingne has shared a new video from the set on her Instagram account. You can watch the Valerian set video below!

Delevingne and Dane DeHaan lead the cast of the upcoming comic adaptation. Co-starring are joined by Clive Owen, Ethan Hawke, and Grammy Award winners Herbie Hancock and Rihanna.

In the film, Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are special operatives for the government of the human territories charged with maintaining order throughout the universe. Valerian has more in mind than a professional relationship with his partner- blatantly chasing after her with propositions of romance. But his extensive history with women, and her traditional values, drive Laureline to continuously rebuff him.

Under directive from their Commander (Clive Owen), Valerian and Laureline embark on a mission to the breathtaking intergalactic city of Alpha, an ever-expanding metropolis comprised of thousands of different species from all four corners of the universe. Alpha’s seventeen million inhabitants have converged over time- uniting their talents, technology and resources for the betterment of all. Unfortunately, not everyone on Alpha shares in these same objectives; in fact, unseen forces are at work, placing our race in great danger.

Adapted for the screen and directed by Besson (Lucy, The Fifth Element), the film will be the most expensive film yet produced and distributed by his EuropaCorp banner. It is based on the French comic series “Valerian and Laureline” by Pierre Christin and artist Jean-Claude Mézières. Created in 1967, the comic has since sold over 10 million copies in 21 languages.

10810053_931549890255982_184214059_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved these comics as a kid. hope this turns out fine. (once Besson was good, these days a bit meh...)

valerian_.jpg

valerian_0.jpg

valerian_1.jpg

Cara Delevingne shares a video from the Valerian set via Comingsoon

Filming continues on Luc Besson’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and actress Cara Delevingne has shared a new video from the set on her Instagram account. You can watch the Valerian set video below!

Delevingne and Dane DeHaan lead the cast of the upcoming comic adaptation. Co-starring are joined by Clive Owen, Ethan Hawke, and Grammy Award winners Herbie Hancock and Rihanna.

In the film, Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are special operatives for the government of the human territories charged with maintaining order throughout the universe. Valerian has more in mind than a professional relationship with his partner- blatantly chasing after her with propositions of romance. But his extensive history with women, and her traditional values, drive Laureline to continuously rebuff him.

Under directive from their Commander (Clive Owen), Valerian and Laureline embark on a mission to the breathtaking intergalactic city of Alpha, an ever-expanding metropolis comprised of thousands of different species from all four corners of the universe. Alpha’s seventeen million inhabitants have converged over time- uniting their talents, technology and resources for the betterment of all. Unfortunately, not everyone on Alpha shares in these same objectives; in fact, unseen forces are at work, placing our race in great danger.

Adapted for the screen and directed by Besson (Lucy, The Fifth Element), the film will be the most expensive film yet produced and distributed by his EuropaCorp banner. It is based on the French comic series “Valerian and Laureline” by Pierre Christin and artist Jean-Claude Mézières. Created in 1967, the comic has since sold over 10 million copies in 21 languages.

10810053_931549890255982_184214059_n.jpg
image.jpeg

She looks like Jean Claude Van Damme....

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo and Drum18
View attachment 230800
She looks like Jean Claude Van Damme....

Lol

I'm mad about her mate. All my mates thinks she looks like a rat but she's a bit of me for some reason. Don't know what it is. She does look extremely hot in some photos though.

I've only seen her in Paper towns and I only watched that because I knew she was in it. She wasn't bad but not the best either. I think she's desperately trying to be an actress when she should just stick to modelling but I'll give this a go anyway as its besson (but he's not been too great in recent years so not hoping for much) and she's in suicide squad too (but I have a feeling she's not in it a lot)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and C.C. 95
Lol

I'm mad about her mate. All my mates thinks she looks like a rat but she's a bit of me for some reason. Don't know what it is. She does look extremely hot in some photos though.

I've only seen her in Paper towns and I only watched that because I knew she was in it. She wasn't bad but not the best either. I think she's desperately trying to be an actress when she should just stick to modelling but I'll give this a go anyway as its besson (but he's not been too great in recent years so not hoping for much) and she's in suicide squad too (but I have a feeling she's not in it a lot)
I find her attractive too pal... think her personality and sense of humour has a lot to do with it for me though. She's the DJ for the Non-Stop-Pop radio station on GTAV... didn't even realise it was her until about a year later when a mate randomly mentioned it on mic lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I find her attractive too pal... think her personality and sense of humour has a lot to do with it for me though. She's the DJ for the Non-Stop-Pop radio station on GTAV... didn't even realise it was her until about a year later when a mate randomly mentioned it on mic lol.

Only just seen this! Was from June lol
Sorry mate, I obviously didn't get the tag

Yep I love her personality and humour, id love to go on a bender with her for a weekend. Little party minx

Hah, I did not know that, I'll check it out. Fancy playing it again soon

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Only just seen this! Was from June lol
Sorry mate, I obviously didn't get the tag

Yep I love her personality and humour, id love to go on a bender with her for a weekend. Little party minx

Hah, I did not know that, I'll check it out. Fancy playing it again soon
No worries dude... I forgot I'd even posted that lol.

Yeah, she'd be awesome to hang about with on a night out. As a person I love her, but as an actress I think she kinda sucks... I just can't take her seriously. I think that's why her playing a DJ on GTA works so well, because she's basically just being her wacky self.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo