Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Venom

Tagline: Embrace Your Inner Anti-Hero

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Director: Ruben Fleischer

Cast: Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Woody Harrelson, Jenny Slate, Reid Scott, Scott Haze, Michelle Lee, Jared Bankens, Al-Jaleel Knox, Grace Wan, DJames Jones, Jock McKissic, Daniela Gaskie, Apollo GT, Van Marten, Sailor Larocque, Paul Pillsbury, Kayko Thompson, Marcella Bragio, Mac Brandt, Laura Distin, Wayne Pére, Ellen Gerstein

Release: 2018-10-04

Plot: When Eddie Brock acquires the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego "Venom" to save his life.

This movie will always be lacking general interest as long as they don't confirm its connexion to the Spiderman universe (MCU)...

I wanna read what @tridon has to say about this underwhelming teaser...

I hope Cap will be right about this:
GiftedRespectfulHypacrosaurus-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
I wanna read what @tridon has to say about this underwhelming teaser...

I hope Cap will be right about this:
GiftedRespectfulHypacrosaurus-max-1mb.gif

I really liked it. We got a glimpse at the symbiote, saw Tom in action, got a taste of the film's atmosphere/mood... it was a good teaser. I honestly wasn't expecting them to show Venom in the first trailer anyway.

Lots of people know who Venom is and who Tom Hardy is, so that plus the Marvel symbol at the beginning will get people excited.

I'm just confused by this whole MCU situation. Apparently Tom Holland will be in this as Peter Parker, yet Venom won't be considered part of the MCU. It's a strange situation.

I think this whole "Spider-Verse without a Spider-Man" endeavor is admirable in the same way trying to fit a VHS cassette in to a BluRay disc player is admirable...
But I don't think Sony understands HOW HARD they need to sell this film... not only does this idea seem aggressively underwhelming, but I've seen people actively not want this film to happen.

So it's not only attention that has to be grabbed- Sony REALLY has to win people over- and this trailer does nothing but affirm people's apathy for this project.

Reactions: Alistair G
Also didn’t mind that trailer

Looking forward to the film