Vinyl Me, Please - Discussion Thread [Record of the Month Subscription]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Vinyl Me, Please is a 'Record of the Month' subscription service based in the US.
They offer monthly subscription plans (Annual, 3-month and month-to-month) and if you join, this is what you'll get:

9798224_orig.jpg

Additional service to
your Membership:

Music discovery + vinyl deals in our Member's Only Store

• Build your collection with additional curated records
  • Limited-edition exclusive store pressings
  • Purchase VMP Archive LPs
  • Free shipping for U.S. domestic orders

The Standard: The VMP weekly digest
  • Playlists, exclusive downloads & vinyl releases
  • Hi-fi gear reviews & discounts, how-to guides
  • Profiles & reviews of leading vinyl lifestyle brands

Prices:

US Domestic:

Annual - $23 / mo (Billed $284 annually)
3-month - $25 / mo (Billed $75 every 3 months)
Month-to-month - $27 / mo

International:

Annual - $33 / mo (Billed $399 annually)
3-month - $36 / mo (Billed $108 every 3 months)
Month-to-month - $42 / mo

For more information & to join: http://vinylmeplease.com/how-it-works/

Last edited:
I've decided to pass on some upcoming Steelbooks and joined VMP for a 3-month subscription. I've received 1 Swap with this and used it to swap Weezer - Pinkerton to Fugees - The Score.

I'm now able to see the Member Store. There are these categories:

'VMP Archive' - the last 15 VMP releases for 27 USD each

'Store exclusives' - there are 7 releases from 19 USD to 29 USD. Mostly limited to 400 - 700 copies. All colored. Records like Dexter Gordon - Body & Soul, Sia - Colour the small one, Beverly - The Blue Swell and Nothing - Tired of tomorrow, and more...

'Box Sets' - currently just two. 'Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker' and 'Smashing Pumpkins - Aeroplan Fly High 5LP'

'Curated Ones' - there are 15 records, mixed genres from Mewithoutyou to Ravi Shankar, 13 USD - 24 USD

There's also 'Merchandise' with Tshirts and stuff and a 'Sale' Category what's empty at the moment.

They quote me a shipping of 8 USD for one record (to Germany). But I'm pretty sure they include your order to your monthly VMP. Fair price for shipping.

@Noodles @spass @Flloydo @Spike Anderson @Tacozilla @C.C. 95
Thanks for the info mate. :thumbs:

The Fugees is still the only one I'm really interested in, so I'll pass on subscribing for the moment and wait to see if they get anything else I like to make it more worthwhile.

Reactions: dan8885
Thanks for the info mate. :thumbs:

The Fugees is still the only one I'm really interested in, so I'll pass on subscribing for the moment and wait to see if they get anything else I like to make it more worthwhile.

Fugees is the reason I signed up for. Glad I could swap it for Weezer. But I'm also interested in some previous releases like the Dilla - Donuts on clear vinyl, Nils Frahm - Spaces in a die-cut jacket and loose interest in that white Låpsley. It was 96 EUR for three records what's fine for me. If the next two are not in my interest I'll sell them and cancel the subscription. But I wanted to try it at least since it's fun and there was not that much bad records in the last year from VMP.

Reactions: Noodles
Fugees is the reason I signed up for. Glad I could swap it for Weezer. But I'm also interested in some previous releases like the Dilla - Donuts on clear vinyl, Nils Frahm - Spaces in a die-cut jacket and loose interest in that white Låpsley. It was 96 EUR for three records what's fine for me. If the next two are not in my interest I'll sell them and cancel the subscription. But I wanted to try it at least since it's fun and there was not that much bad records in the last year from VMP.
Definitely seems worth it for you then dude, and €96 is a decent price considering they're exclusive and quite limited. Honestly, I've never heard of most of those artists, but maybe I should give them a listen, because who knows... maybe I'll really like them and decide I want those releases after all! Hopefully their next releases are something that also interest you, but I can't imagine you'll find it too hard to sell them if not.

Definitely seems worth it for you then dude, and €96 is a decent price considering they're exclusive and quite limited. Honestly, I've never heard of most of those artists, but maybe I should give them a listen, because who knows... maybe I'll really like them and decide I want those releases after all! Hopefully their next releases are something that also interest you, but I can't imagine you'll find it too hard to sell them if not.

J Dilla is one or if not THE most influential hip hop artists and producer of all time. He sadly died in 2006. He produced Donuts entirely in the hospital on a MPC-3000 and died three days after the release.

Nils Frahm is a German producer and composer. He combining electronic and classical music to some sort of ambient electronic music. He also did the score for the one-take shot movie 'Victoria'. Check out his record 'Spaces' it's phenomenal.

Låpsley is a singer from Scotland, signed to XL Recordings the label Adele is also signed to. Shes writing and producing most of her stuff by her own. It's a little bit electronic down beat with her signing on it. Don't know how to describe it. It's that what Adele was two albums ago. Now she is a Hit Factory product. I would say it's a good pop album. But I don't know if I'll 'need' it as a special edition.

Very bad customer service I must say :sour:

After they didn't replied to my email where I asked for swap Weezer to Fugees I've sent another email.

Paul answered me:
"Well, I don't know who told you all of that, but unfortunately, yesterday (May 2) was the last day to request swaps, as they are closed now"

Sadly the same Paul told me this some days ago: "As long as your sign up before the 3rd or 4th of May, I would be able to make that swap for you, no problem!"

And now Paul don't answer me anymore :squint:

Very bad customer service I must say :sour:

After they didn't replied to my email where I asked for swap Weezer to Fugees I've sent another email.

Paul answered me:
"Well, I don't know who told you all of that, but unfortunately, yesterday (May 2) was the last day to request swaps, as they are closed now"

Sadly the same Paul told me this some days ago: "As long as your sign up before the 3rd or 4th of May, I would be able to make that swap for you, no problem!"

And now Paul don't answer me anymore :squint:

That's not good! :( Hope it works out for you man.

That's not good! :( Hope it works out for you man.

It worked out after a friendly reminder of mine who's failure it was and that he maybe should stop putting his name under e-mails to hide mistakes better :rolleyes:

".....But, since I told you the 4th, I will keep my word, and I will send that record out to you ASAP! No additional charge, or anything! I will also add $20 in account credits, to hopefully mend any wounds that this might have left. So you have my full-hearted apology for all of this. You deserve better! Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need anything else! All the best!

-PAUL Bold, and Underlined, because I have NO problem owning my mistakes. :)"

That's very awesome :shy:

• Thanks
It worked out after a friendly reminder of mine who's failure it was and that he maybe should stop putting his name under e-mails to hide mistakes better :rolleyes:

".....But, since I told you the 4th, I will keep my word, and I will send that record out to you ASAP! No additional charge, or anything! I will also add $20 in account credits, to hopefully mend any wounds that this might have left. So you have my full-hearted apology for all of this. You deserve better! Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need anything else! All the best!

That's great buddy, glad it worked out. And an extra $20 is a cool gesture. :thumbs:

So for those who are interested here's the list what will come into the Member Store for June, open to order for VMP Members from May 16 so that you'll receive it with your VMP for June. They're releasing those infos in their forum through out the month where you can also discuss or wish/recommend releases.

<>MEMBER STORE EXCLUSIVES<>
Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial (VMP Exclusive, LTD to 750, Yellow Vinyl) (MUSIC) $27
Classixx - Faraway Reach (VMP Exclusive, LTD to 600, white vinyl) (MUSIC) ($21)

<>CURATED NEW RELEASES<>
Eagulls - Ullages (Black) (MUSIC) Download Card 5.14 ($17)
William Tyler - Modern Country (Black) (MUSIC) Download Card 6.3 ($19)
Deftones - Gore (White Vinyl) (MUSIC) 4.28 ($27)
Minor Victories - Minor Victories (Black) (MUSIC) Download Card 6.3 ($19)
Marissa Nadler - Strangers (Black) (MUSIC) 5.20 ($17)
Twin Peaks - Down In Heaven (Black) (MUSIC) Download Card 5.13 ($17)
Holy **** - Congrats (Black) (MUSIC) Download Card 5.27 ($19)
Flume - Skin (2LP Purple Marble Vinyl) (MUSIC) Download Card 5.27 ($27)
Xenia Rubinos - Black Terry Cat (Black) (MUSIC) Download Card 6.3 ($19)
Fear of Men - Fall Forever (Deluxe, Gold Marble Vinyl) (MUSIC) Download Card 6.3 ($19)
Mark Pritchard - Under the Sun (2LP, black vinyl) (MUSIC) 5.13 ($29)
Oscar - Cut and Paste (neon pink vinyl) (MUSIC) 5.13 ($19)
Robert Ellis - Robert Ellis (coke bottle clear) (MUSIC) 6.3 ($17)
Psychic Ills - Inner Journey Out (2LP, desert haze vinyl) (MUSIC) 6.3 ($21)
Whitney - Light Upon the Lake (translucent blue) (MUSIC) 6.3 ($17)

<>BOX SETS<>
My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves (4LP, 180g black vinyl DELUXE) Reissue ($47)
John Coltrane - The Atlantic Years In Mono (6LP Boxset w/7" Single) ($139)
White Zombie - It Came From N.Y.C. (5LP Boxset + Book, black vinyl) ($89)

<>CURATED REISSUES<>

Terry Allen - Juarez (Black) (MUSIC) Reissue ($21)
James Blood Ulmer - Odyssey (180g, 2LP, 45RPM, LTD to 2,000) (MUSIC) ($39)
Paul Desmond - Take Ten (180g black vinyl, LTD to 1,500) (MUSIC) ($24)

Also I found out about this:
"This month 2,000 of you will receive a 7" from an artist we love with an album coming out very soon."
So 2000 VMP members received this month a white labeled unmarked 7" from artist Tourist with one track. Really beautiful idea in my opinion.

With my recent customer service experience I'm a little bit hyped with VMP and excited for my first order to arrive this month.

Haha Paul got busted! :p

Glad it all worked out for you in the end mate. :thumbs:

• Thanks
My first order is on the way! Very excited :)

I've talked to a UK Member and a German Member from VMP. Both said they never have paid custom tax till now. Both are members for 3 month. The UK member ordered for 300 GBP and didn't have to pay :shy: So it seems like that there's a chance at least. I'll report when mine arrive... @spass @Noodles

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and Noodles
My first order is on the way! Very excited :)

I've talked to a UK Member and a German Member from VMP. Both said they never have paid custom tax till now. Both are members for 3 month. The UK member ordered for 300 GBP and didn't have to pay :shy: So it seems like that there's a chance at least. I'll report when mine arrive... @spass @Noodles
Nice one dude. Good luck... hopefully yours arrives customs free! :)

• Thanks