Violent Night (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

Jan 31, 2014
Release date: November 6, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £39.99
Notes: Exclusive to UK and limited to 1500

9175SwnXjAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do we keep getting the tat addled versions in the UK? I don’t want to pay an extra £20 for a load of tat that goes

You realise that if you used a 20% off code it would also be applicable to the £29.99 price point? Meaning it would have cost £23.99 so you’ve actually paid £8 for tat :)
A slipcase shouldn't be considered tat.
Don't lump them in with the other bits of Christmas Cracker innards!
:LOL:

I kinda wanna get this to add go my 87 North collection but I can't help but think I just didn't enjoy this movie anywhere near as much as any of the others. I mean if we have John Wick set the benchmark although which specific one I couldn't say. This just falls short of 87s other works for me. Even Atomic Blonde which is far more of an espionage thriller than a straight up action has far more and better action. I wanted to like this but it left me feeling like something was missing.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I kinda wanna get this to add go my 87 North collection but I can't help but think I just didn't enjoy this movie anywhere near as much as any of the others. I mean if we have John Wick set the benchmark although which specific one I couldn't say. This just falls short of 87s other works for me. Even Atomic Blonde which is far more of an espionage thriller than a straight up action has far more and better action. I wanted to like this but it left me feeling like something was missing.
Absolutely, I wasn't even going to buy this movie at all, just keep the 2160p file...
But then a pretty steelbook appears, that I add to a bigger Fnac preorder for just €24 shipped, and then cancel it for this €51 boxset, and that's how such editions appear in the collection. I didn't hate it, but wouldn't buy it without such package.
I know it's wrong, but it's beautiful...
It's like you really want Sandra Bullock (I'm an elder millennial and have 90's brain syndrome), but you'd still have Shannon Elizabeth...

So I’m assuming the steelbook is matte. Because universal mention on the beauty shot for M3GAN the steelbook has a gloss and debossed finish but only emboss finish for this.

I really hope it’s just an error and they forgot to add gloss to the description. Because this would be killer like that and if they can do it to M3GAN which has similar deep dark and vivid colours then there’s no excuse why this can’t be gloss. Fingers crossed

Or one of the universal bods could confirm?

So I’m assuming the steelbook is matte. Because universal mention on the beauty shot for M3GAN the steelbook has a gloss and debossed finish but only emboss finish for this.

I really hope it’s just an error and they forgot to add gloss to the description. Because this would be killer like that and if they can do it to M3GAN which has similar deep dark and vivid colours then there’s no excuse why this can’t be gloss. Fingers crossed

Or one of the universal bods could confirm?
I didn't catch that, must've skim read it and thought it said gloss emboss like the others have. I assume it's a mistake, hopefully anyway..

Reactions: Flloydo
WTF is the deal with the collectors editions only abroad, folks in the US do like cardboard as well.
Different distributor bud. WB do all of their and Universal's titles in the UK, whereas Universal do it all the in the US and appear to have no interest in giving y'all collector's editions lol

Yeah, what I expecting tbh. I'll keep my fnac order though, about £21. Can't moan. Don't have the RC anymore either.
Well I’ve only paid £7 more for the slipped version so I’m happy. Can’t grumble.

Plus with zavvi your getting either 10% off in the first few mins of going live. Or on release day, possibly 15% if you’re lucky with a code available and you have other things to order to take the total over £60. A lot off agg on the last one.

So all In all I’m happy to pay £31.99 for the collectors edition

Well I’ve only paid £7 more for the slipped version so I’m happy. Can’t grumble.

Plus with zavvi your getting either 10% off in the first few mins of going live. Or on release day, possibly 15% if you’re lucky with a code available and you have other things to order to take the total over £60. A lot off agg on the last one.

So all In all I’m happy to pay £31.99 for the collectors edition
I don't have RC anymore, so lack of 10% and free p&p lol typically though happy to pay a tenner for slip/cards/booklet. This isn't one I care about though, or particularly like the art.