Wanted Play.com Exclusive Steelbook Titles

Jan 17, 2011
Exeter, Devon
Hi guys,

This is my first thread here and I wanted to emphasize this on Steelbook releases from Play that members here want released.

I made a list of my own and comments would make me glad.

Fox
1. Rain Man
2. Edward Scissorhands
3. 127 Hours
4. Slumdog Millionare
5. French Connection with Remaster
6. Patton with Remaster

Sony
1. Moneyball
2. Silverado

Universal
1. CITIZEN KANE!
2. American Gangster
3. American Graffiti
4. Changeling
5. United 93

Other Studios
1. Hamburger Hill
2. The Machinist
3. There will be Blood

So guys share your wanted titles too. And I'm sorry if there's a thread similar to this, is there?

Terminator 3. to go with the set
Very Unlikely as till the current wave Warner never released steelbooks of catalogue titles in UK. And Terminator 3 would be most unlikely even more as it's not such a demandable title in the first place, I for one think it's worse than Salvation.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

And who else here dreamed of a Citizen Kane Steelbook since the DVD days, me for one so badly wanted the Universal DVD release to be a steelbook, preferrably fully black with embossing on the Titles. And as Universal is releasing the blu-ray now, I hope they do consider a grand Steelbook release.

Very Unlikely as till the current wave Warner never released steelbooks of catalogue titles in UK. And Terminator 3 would be most unlikely even more as it's not such a demandable title in the first place, I for one think it's worse than Salvation.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

And who else here dreamed of a Citizen Kane Steelbook since the DVD days, me for one so badly wanted the Universal DVD release to be a steelbook, preferrably fully black with embossing on the Titles. And as Universal is releasing the blu-ray now, I hope they do consider a grand Steelbook release.

oh it is, but for around a tenner id get it to go with the rest i have
sounds sad i know

Master and Commander
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Day After Tomorrow
The X-Men Trilogy
The Core
The Mummy Trilogy
Star Wars original Trilogy
Starship Troopers
30 Days Of Night
The Abyss

I say nothing...

Give them ideas and they'll start re-releasing one of your rarity in your collection LOL.

Well its distribution is handled by Sony outside of USA, so I say it could be in a future Play.com exclusive wave.

Last edited:
Reactions: vurt
goonies and lost boys have to be a top priority and also halloween original :D

one flew over the cuckoo's nest

twelve monkeys

city of god

the silence of the lambs

the usual suspects

a clockwork orange

raging bull

lock stock and two smoking barrels

groundhog day

Last edited:
would love
preditors 2 to complete the play set
the great escape
the warriors
cinderella man
the jacket
true romance
green mile
a perfect storm

Blood diamond
Infernal affairs trilogy
Munich (it's not even on blu ray yet!)
Donnie brasco
Blade
Blade 2
Gangs of New York (new transfer)
Dog day afternoon

Blade and Blade 2 would be awesome, love the JP steels (and Blade Trilogy just to complete the set)
Matrix trilogy (non-jumbo), possibly with Animatrix included
Star Wars x3 original or all 6
Kingdom of Heaven
Finding Nemo - not even on blu-ray yet but due out soon. Anyone know if it is due as a steelbook?
Leon
Bond x23 individual steels

Oh, and Wallace & Gromit as you could have some awesome embossing/debossing and shiny effects!

Last edited:
Blade and Blade 2 would be awesome, love the JP steels (and Blade Trilogy just to complete the set)
Matrix trilogy (non-jumbo), possibly with Animatrix included
Star Wars x3 original or all 6
Kingdom of Heaven
Finding Nemo - not even on blu-ray yet but due out soon. Anyone know if it is due as a steelbook?
Leon
Bond x23 individual steels

Oh, and Wallace & Gromit as you could have some awesome embossing/debossing and shiny effects!

Finding Nemo is going to be a Viva case, no word on a Steelbook.

Would love to see the Kill Bills released, Leon, 28 days later (with better transfer), and No Country For Old Men

My wishes on play'steelbook:

Galaxy Quest
Mars Attacks
The Time Machine
Evolution
Master and Commander
The Truman Show

The Green Mile
Cast Away
Starship Troopers
The Core
Abyss
Day After Tomorrow
AI
The 5th Element
Big Fish

Last edited:
"Get Carter", classic gangster flick, not even on blu-ray......and NOT the Stallone version!:angry:

Previous post mentioned "No Country For Old Men", I have the amazon.ca release, lovely steelie!:drool:

Would love to see the Kill Bills released, Leon, 28 days later (with better transfer), and No Country For Old Men

I wouldn't want No country for Old Men as the US Special Edition with Exclusive Extras is a lovely set, and it's unlikely all those extras would make into a steelook released here.

And guys I'm just curious, but as there are some people here like Wreck who know Play people, can't we influence for some releases. I'm sure titles from my list are top priority for many here and as every studio there released Play Exclusive Steels, I don't think that it would be impossible.