WarGames (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

lenticularis

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Saturday 7th October)
Price: £15.99

WG.jpg

WG1.jpg WG2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Artwork nothing to with Zavvi as Zavvi don't do any artwork design

All artwork is done by the film studio/distributor

It's a fox release and part of another range Fox pop artwork style and like their last batch most of them not the best looking

Previous batch was trade wide releases this time Fox gone for retailer exclusive with Zavvi
Once again Paul, you deliver informative posts with knowledge, thank you.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Terrible.
But the film has aged terribly anyway. Nuclear hysteria was moronic in the 80s, and plays terribly now. But it is fun to see the old Floppy discs the size of LPs - and modem phone cradles.:LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
The days of 14.4kbps modems and phone hacking. Kevin Mitnick was the shiznit then. :writing:
Remember the idea that you could hack a system with metal gum stick wrapper in on phone reciever lead? O my! Those days...
...I wonder if any of the 1980's Dial-a-Joke phone numbers still work.:rofl:

Remember the idea that you could hack a system with metal gum stick wrapper in on phone reciever lead? O my! Those days...
...I wonder if any of the 1980's Dial-a-Joke phone numbers still work.:rofl:
Man those were the days... I remember my red box I created that mimicked a linemans phone and I could jack into any puplic access terminal and make free phone calls. PreCellular days. Gawd I had a lot of fun then.

Wasn't this movie created at the height of the Cold War where we were always on standby with Russia?

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Man those were the days... I remember my red box I created that mimicked a linemans phone and I could jack into any puplic access terminal and make free phone calls. PreCellular days. Gawd I had a lot of fun then.

Wasn't this movie created at the height of the Cold War where we were always on standby with Russia?
I remember on the old corded phones - I could take off the mouth piece cover, remove the microphone, and attach the speaker "out" wires from my stereo to the metal leads on the phone and play people songs right through the phone as a direct "line in":rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Garbage in more ways than one. When will these studios learn...:stop:

Oh ...and, I'm pretty sure the artist who is responsible for the front 'tic tac toe' artwork is possibly not the brightest.....the game being portrayed is impossible. 5 USA stars and 3 Soviet hammer and sickles, that's not how I thought it was played. USA are cheating.....:p

Garbage in more ways than one. When will these studios learn...:stop:

Oh ...and, I'm pretty sure the artist who is responsible for the front 'tic tac toe' artwork is possibly not the brightest.....the game being portrayed is impossible. 5 USA stars and 3 Soviet hammer and sickles, that's not how I thought it was played. USA are cheating.....:p
:LOL:
It's not even a regulation "cat's game"!

Artwork nothing to with Zavvi as Zavvi don't do any artwork design

All artwork is done by the film studio/distributor

It's a fox release and part of another range Fox pop artwork style and like their last batch most of them not the best looking

Previous batch was trade wide releases this time Fox gone for retailer exclusive with Zavvi

no paul we all know its the 'studio' but zavvi freely say yes we will sell it.

and is the point!

they could say no sorry not for us with that art we would struggle to sell it, perhaps you could get redeisgned???

thats what it will take to get things changed as long as they say yep will sell any old junk, studio think yay pat on the back and nothing changes yet again fox wave that is another pile of the brown stuff, tell me your actually happy with same old same old.

i'm steelbook collector but i will not fill my shelves with substandard steelbooks any more and i would not have this if zavvi gave me the whole wave for free.

#fedupwithshitart

basil :thumbs:

i see what they are trying to do but it misses the mark IMO. Since this is absolutely one of my favorite movies i still will get it at some point lol

Agreed

brilliant film shame about the poor art
or should that be a blind man using his labrador to use photoshop did this :LOL:

@zavvi think you could give them some feedback on this rubbish art?
because this be in the bargain bin in 6-8 months time :rolleyes:

question is this the studio "designer" @zavvi ?

dog-using-computer-picture-id168624253

@zesty get in here and show them how it should be done!

To be fair to them there is not a lot to go on, for me the poster art would have been a lot better but who knows they may change it like they did Inner Space :D

akPIXEzNgjmtiz5FTtaLBHJassh.jpg

xUNB9YUJ8sG8EXzIzARNPyBvfVm.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Huguito
Maybe it's the gamer in me, but I actually don't mind this one. That being said, this film still deserves so much better!

no paul we all know its the 'studio' but zavvi freely say yes we will sell it.

and is the point!

they could say no sorry not for us with that art we would struggle to sell it, perhaps you could get redeisgned???

thats what it will take to get things changed as long as they say yep will sell any old junk, studio think yay pat on the back and nothing changes yet again fox wave that is another pile of the brown stuff, tell me your actually happy with same old same old.

i'm steelbook collector but i will not fill my shelves with substandard steelbooks any more and i would not have this if zavvi gave me the whole wave for free.

#fedupwithshitart

Pretty much what I said in the Fantastic Mr Fox thread, but you probably worded it better than me Baz :thumbs: