Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Use other method phone ect.

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

Scary Hair

Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
Stupid topic I know but on the school run this morning I realized that in the School playground before the bell went, more parents were checking thire phones instead of thire wrists for the time.

So Is the Wristwatch becoming the next but of old world technology going to become extinct?.

Sticking a poll on so have some fun.

This is my watch I need analog as well as digital as I cannot tell the time Dyslexia and watches sometimes do not mix.

Dual display is the best for me .
I have no other watch so even IF we go somewhere up market this is what I wear if nobody likes it it is thire problem NOT Mine !. snow 049.jpg

Through the years I want to like wearing watch but I don't. I got expensive watch as a gift many years ago and I just don't like wearing a watch so it's just sitting in its box, I tried to wear it but just don't :(

One of the three I have...i'm a motogp fan :emb: 69 is a special number for me :cigar: and I like Nicky Hayden :D
nicky.jpg

The second is a Tissot too, Motogp T-Race Edition, same year 2009...
IMG_2096-1.jpg

and the last...:D
$_1.JPG

Definitely a watch wearer when I go out. I see it as costume jewellery I guess. I have a g-shock, a nice Casio and a couple of others.

Recently discovered Police released some limited ed bats vs supes watches and I missed out, so well and truly gutted as I want one.
Exclusive-Batman-Police-vs-Superman-Police2.jpg

Lol @Scary Hair, I've never seen this thread before.

I like watches but I don't wear one, I have worn a watch in the past here and there but I've not worn one for around 15-20 years, I also don't have a clock anywhere in my house (I can't sleep when I can hear the ticking so I'd always end up taking the batteries out.. I just stopped buying them a long time ago). I rely on my phone for the time, also my tablet or computer. :thumbs: like I said though, I do really like watches and I often think about buying one, but never do:confused:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
Just got my new watch in today. I still have my diving watch, I won't get rid of it. I decided to go tactical all-black. The Suunto Core All-Black Military. Suunto are renown for their bad ass compasses which in fact this watch has one as well. Me likes a lot. It's very light weight too which is completely opposite compared to my diving watch. That's because on a diving watch, the deeper it can go the thicker the bezel has to be therefore making the overall weight more.

Specifications:
  • Finish: All black
  • Real-time vertical cumulative value: Yes
  • Temperature compensation: Yes
  • Total ascent/descent: Yes
  • User-removable logbook files: Yes
  • Automatic Alti/Baro switch: Yes
  • Automatic 7-day Alti/Baro memory: Yes
  • Resolution: 1 meter
  • Recording intervals: 1 second, 5 second, 30 seconds, 60 seconds
  • Altitude range: 1,600 to 29,500 feet
  • Difference measurement: Yes
  • Log graph: Yes
  • Logbook function: Yes
  • Countdown timer: Yes
  • Stopwatch: Yes
  • Guided calibration: Yes
  • Heading in degrees: Yes
  • Declination setting: Yes
  • Cardinal directions: Yes
  • Bearing tracking: Yes
  • North-South indicator: North indicator
  • Languages: English, German, French, and Spanish
  • Depth meter: Yes, to 30 feet
  • Rotating bezel: Yes
  • Time: 12/24 hours
  • Sunrise/sunset times: Yes
  • Calendar clock: Yes
  • Dual time: Yes
  • Daily alarms: 1
  • Alarm snooze: Yes
  • Weather memory: 7 days
  • Weather alarm: Yes
  • Trend indicator and graph: Yes
  • Temperature range: -5 to 140 degrees F
  • Sea level pressure: Yes
  • Barometer range: 300 to 1,100 mbar
  • Low battery warning: Yes
  • Water resistance: 100 feet
  • Backlight option: Yes
  • Weight: 2.26 ounces
  • Warranty: 2 years

View attachment 247069 View attachment 247072
Yeah my Suunto lasted about a year and then broke on me. It evidently got dirt or grime up in the buttons and because they have no gaskets it kept the buttons depressed therefore running the battery down in minutes. I own a nice watch but I needed something I could use at work and could get bumped and banged around and be resistant to dirt and grime and still keep on ticking.

My new watch that I just got yesterday, the Casio G-Shock Mudmaster GWG-1000-1AJF which is pretty much their flagship model which is in there "Master of G" series watches. Very nice and it's very big and has a million different functions. Also it has Atomic time keeping and is self powered, meaning you get it in the sun for a couple of hours and it'll run for days and I'm in the sun for hours at work so no problem there. Also has world time, a compass, barometer, altimeter, thermometer and many other functions.

20190713_053622415_iOS.jpg