May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: June 2, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $39.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1582913628067.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a fan of Watchmen with original run, this is the direct sequel many years later. If you stick with the world building and setup the final 4 episodes really pay of and it (mostly) hits the landing perfectly for the view asking for more, but a great ending that doesn't need another season.

Always loved the ultimate cut of Watchmen from Snyder too, give this a go.

I was a fan of Watchmen with original run, this is the direct sequel many years later. If you stick with the world building and setup the final 4 episodes really pay of and it (mostly) hits the landing perfectly for the view asking for more, but a great ending that doesn't need another season.

Always loved the ultimate cut of Watchmen from Snyder too, give this a go.

Oh so this continues from the film? Interesting. Didn’t realise that

Oh so this continues from the film? Interesting. Didn’t realise that
It's actually the follow up to the graphic novel and tied very closely into the destruction of New York for one of the arcs. I think the movie changes made more sense for it's time and medium, but the subtle change here won't ruin your enjoyment within the TV show.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
I think the easiest thing to call it is a direct sequel to the original graphic novel rather than the film adaptation. Much of the series works off the comic's original ending rather than the slightly tweaked ending of the film.

it has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. it is a tv series which takes place in the current day universe of the watchmen comics. if you only saw the film, i recommend reading the comics before watching the show, because otherwise you're gonna be very confused. that being said, the og comics are a masterpiece and the tv series is a masterpiece as well. def going to buy this. saw it listed on amazon.uk....might end up going with that one. guess the art will make up my mind.