Watchmen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Jan 4, 2014
Berea,ohio
Release date: February 28, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $16.99

883929536924.jpg

Last edited:
How Lame.......... This is the third release for this artwork making it a prime example of the lack of imagination that more often goes into back catalogue rereleases........

Could be that they printed so many that these have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere and they are just "re-releasing". I have to doubt that there has been that much demand for this title since it's release.

The original printing of this Steelbook is still listed on the BestBuy Site for $14.99 USD- this re-release is now only $6.99.
I really hope that the stock image that they're using is just a place holder for the actual cover art that they plan on using...
Otherwise, they'll look rather silly having both the $7 and the $15 steelbook listed on their site when it's the exact same thing...

The original Future Shop steel has one of the best deep gloss finishes to any steel ever. The re-release looked like a faded copy in comparison.

Can anyone confirm this is the same artwork as previously released?
I don't own the old release in US but artwork wise, looks the same to me with matte finish and inside artwork.
However this is why I don't encourage collectors to buy the "re-release" steelbooks or metalpaks in US because most (if not ALL) of the time, you'd get dented steelbooks due to the the fact that these steels were the leftover back from the day, they were moved to sit in the warehouse without appropriate care and probably got tossed around a lot, hence the dents and scratches.
New steelbooks releases are fine, there are some mint copies but with these old ones? It's impossible to find one, I exchanged this Watchmen steel for 3 times and finally gave up because all of them are badly damaged.

I don't own the old release in US but artwork wise, looks the same to me with matte finish and inside artwork.
However this is why I don't encourage collectors to buy the "re-release" steelbooks or metalpaks in US because most (if not ALL) of the time, you'd get dented steelbooks due to the the fact that these steels were the leftover back from the day, they were moved to sit in the warehouse without appropriate care and probably got tossed around a lot, hence the dents and scratches.
New steelbooks releases are fine, there are some mint copies but with these old ones? It's impossible to find one, I exchanged this Watchmen steel for 3 times and finally gave up because all of them are badly damaged.

You were just unlucky as my store had mint copies on sale.

I am really confident these were just the same steels released years ago just put back out in circulation. All the shrink wrap was pretty torn and looked like they had been on the shelves for years. But it was $7 with $8 movie cash to see Batman Versus Superman and since I was already going to that free steelbook so yea I grabbed one.

Can anyone confirm this is the same artwork as previously released?

Same art

The original Future Shop steel has one of the best deep gloss finishes to any steel ever. The re-release looked like a faded copy in comparison.

Original Future Shop edition is a stellar release and it's just the gloss that makes it pop. Very proud to have a copy of that.