Watchmen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release Date: October 15, 2012
Price: £10.99
Buy Link: Watchmen
Note: Contains the DIRECTOR'S CUT of the movie.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only so cheap because so many copies are out there on the market. It only becomes rare and expensive once there are not many available to purchase.

Once the influx of selling on ebay is over it will rise. Might take a while though.

I agree. I think a lot of copies were bought purely to sell on for profit so eBay is flooded. I think it is the same for Battle Royale too. I'm sure they'll rise eventually.

Anyone noticed this doesn't sell for much on ebay?

Was this one locked to Region B? Steelbooks locked to a single region will eliminate many prospective buyers and affect resale pricing. It seems many of the Play.com and UK releases are locked to B.

People that want to open, watch, and enjoy the blu-ray steelbooks will back off of these locked releases.

Was this one locked to Region B? Steelbooks locked to a single region will eliminate many prospective buyers and affect resale pricing. It seems many of the Play.com and UK releases are locked to B.

People that want to open, watch, and enjoy the blu-ray steelbooks will back off of these locked releases.

This is region free, I thick as said before it's simply that the Market is flooded at the moment. Once they become more difficult to obtain I'm sure the value will rise.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I personally don't think the price will go up that much higher. Seen Ebay listings go at cost.

It didn't sell out that fast either in the first place or even when copies were available on actual release day at Play. It took something like 6 hours to sell out on the Monday and no doubt most of the people that bought were for Ebay.

If it was embossed/debossed, then it may have been a different story. Demand determines price and this isn't really that much in demand.

Last edited:
I personally don't think the price will go up that much higher. Seen Ebay listings go at cost.

It didn't sell out that fast either in the first place or even when copies were available on actual release day at Play. It took something like 6 hours to sell out on the Monday and no doubt most of the people that bought were for Ebay.

If it was embossed/debossed, then it may have been a different story. Demand determines price and this isn't really that much in demand.

Hard to say with Christmas round the corner. Steelbooks make great gifts for collectors. It will be better to judge in the new year.

I don't think it is going to ever become a high value steel but as always once something goes OOP and is hard to find it becomes more desirable! I can imagine this going a little higher than cost down the road but nothing too substantial.

Reactions: Marina Blue
What a Steel . . .

For anyone still after one, noticed that this Playtrader has 25 copies @ £14.98 including delivery:

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/32146809/-/Product.html?ptsl=1

— – - — – - — – - — – -

Thank you for providing that Play.com link for the purchase of Watchmen.

I had missed out, previously, on purchasing the Watchmen SteelBook, and I didn't want to pay those inflated eBay-speculation prices.

The artwork on the back is very impressive. Can't remember when I last saw such accomplished art on a SteelBook.