Watchmen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release Date: October 15, 2012
Price: £10.99
Buy Link: Watchmen
Note: Contains the DIRECTOR'S CUT of the movie.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a copy of this off of Ebay for £15.69, that i think is a very reasonable price for this steelbook, would be nice to pick up the FutureShop one as well now

I have this version Play.com as well as the new U.S. version and I think the Play version tops the U.S. by a ton! I love the artwork design and colors they used.. I have it on top of my steel shelf even though I'm not a fan of the movie itself. lol

Reactions: harry
This is the steel I'm looking to get. Got a couple eyes on eBay bids. I like the heroes over the smiley face button. The color scheme too.

No doubt, it has always been one of my favorites as far as colors and coolness factor...

However... 3 things about it bother me.

1. Why is Dr Manhattan's head chopped off on the inside artwork. The US and Futureshop version have the same artwork, but a better cropping of it.

2. A small quibble, but nonetheless, the artwork throughout is very repetitive. All the character poses are identical images (front and inside) just repositioned. Also, the inside background is the same as the back background.

3. It's missing the special features bonus disc with Zac Snyder's full movie walkthrough (Maximum Movie Mode). The USA steel for $12.99 USD included this.

Save for all that... it is still a strikingly attractive steelbook. :D

No doubt, it has always been one of my favorites as far as colors and coolness factor...

However... 3 things about it bother me.

1. Why is Dr Manhattan's head chopped off on the inside artwork. The US and Futureshop version have the same artwork, but a better cropping of it.

2. A small quibble, but nonetheless, the artwork throughout is very repetitive. All the character poses are identical images (front and inside) just repositioned. Also, the inside background is the same as the back background.

3. It's missing the special features bonus disc with Zac Snyder's full movie walkthrough (Maximum Movie Mode). The USA steel for $12.99 USD included this.

Save for all that... it is still a strikingly attractive steelbook. :D

You raised some good points for the USA disc as a poor transfer and poor sound so its not worth even that cheap price imo

Watchmen
US/DE/CA- VC-1 18484 kbps, DTS-HD MA 5.1, Director's Cut, Extras (some are exclusive)
UK - AVC 27236 kbps, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 48/24, Director's Cut, Paramount, (Region free) (no maximum movie mode) Superior transfer.
JP/FR/UK/AU - TrueHD 5.1, Theatrical Cut, Extras, Superior transfer to US disc

I got this info from bluray.com they got a brilliant thread called
List of International BDs with Better PQ, AQ, and/or More Extras

Watchmen
US/DE/CA- VC-1 18484 kbps, DTS-HD MA 5.1, Director's Cut, Extras (some are exclusive)
UK - AVC 27236 kbps, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 48/24, Director's Cut, Paramount, (Region free) (no maximum movie mode) Superior transfer.
JP/FR/UK/AU - TrueHD 5.1, Theatrical Cut, Extras, Superior transfer to US disc

I got this info from bluray.com they got a brilliant thread called
List of International BDs with Better PQ, AQ, and/or More Extras

I wonder if the reviewer on bluray.com viewed the US disc or the UK disc.

It got a glowing review for both picture and sound. I assumed it was the US disc but now I'm not sure.