Watchmen - The Ultimate Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on August 24 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £27.99

12258481-9114697887702179.jpg

12258481-3734714237929168.jpg

12258481-3364697887579356.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!
A new WATCHMEN steelbook sufficiently different to each of the other two (UK) has to be a good thing . . . classic Poster Art on the first, Iconic Art on the second and Rorschach (inkblot) Art on the third:-

October 2012 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- May 2018 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 442986 + View attachment 442990 +

November 2019 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
View attachment 442987

Was hoping for black and yellow on this new steelbook and was expecting to see this design, nicely embossed and full gloss ...
View attachment 442991
... rather than what's been revealed.

Apart from that black / gold not uncommon but black / yellow = rare as hen's teeth in the UK.

U forgot the best one. Its not uk though. The futureshop gloss steel ;)

I too expected either blue rain & neon (such as @Noodles excellent mockup) or the black freighter symbolism from way back when the the ultimate edition was first printed...

So for all the people that like to gamble, this is either going to be flat & streaky matte or glossy & with bossed hell out of it, would anyone like to place their bets...

I know deep down it's going to be the former, but if I'm picking this up it's got to be the latter... and you have to get the yellow right which I don't think the mockup has ;)

Reactions: Noodles and djjez83
Are you a graphic designer? if not you should consider it you have some unbelievable skills many of times i have loved your concept artwork
I've told him this before.

He needs to throw a brick through the office windows of Zavvi/The Hut group with a note attached and examples of his work so that they can then pass it on to the studios and admit defeat.

Well the artwork is p00 but glad it's getting a 4k ultimate release on this side of the pond, will pick up the amaray.

Are you a graphic designer? if not you should consider it you have some unbelievable skills many of times i have loved your concept artwork
Not professionally... I dabble in a bit of freelance stuff every now and again, but there's tons of folks who are way better and quicker at it than me nowadays, so unless I work for peanuts, then it's a real struggle to get work.

Thanks! I wish it were that easy to get into designing official steelbooks though. It's the one thing I actually really enjoy making and feel kinda proud of afterwards, since steels are something I love to collect myself. Maybe someday!