Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: July 9, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $24.99

ww.jpg

ww.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cover art is boring! Why do not take the cover art from Arrow video on the steel. And of course inside artwork is black and white,
because it is cheaper to produce. But charge for this approx 21.00 €. ( I m from Germany) I would also pay 30.00 € for it but design it reasonably.
I realize that the resources for this film as posters are limited but for 20-25 € they should try hard.
It's a shame to put that next to my premiums on the shelf

The Blu-ray will contain the Theatrical Cut 135 min. The UHD Disc will contain the Extended edition. I'm not certain though as to which extended edition though as there are two, the TV Cut and the Ulysses. If its 176 minutes then it's the TV Cut and if it's 178 minutes then it's the Ulysses Cut. So I guess we'll just have see when it releases.

Just picked this up tonight. I love everything about this SteelBook, from the super gloss finish to the beautiful colors and metallic effect on the back. And the price: $24.99 and $19.99 on release day. This is how catalog titles should be done in SteelBook.

The only way to improve on this would be to have some embossing of some sort, but for the price and everything else they did for it I’m not complaining.

Just picked this up tonight. I love everything about this SteelBook, from the super gloss finish to the beautiful colors and metallic effect on the back. And the price: $24.99 and $19.99 on release day. This is how catalog titles should be done in SteelBook.

The only way to improve on this would be to have some embossing of some sort, but for the price and everything else they did for it I’m not complaining.
Which extended edition does this have, the International TV cut or the Ulysses cut?

UHD has Extended TV cut in HD 1080p accessed using extras menu on UHD disc

Blu-ray disc is previous disc from 2009

Ulysses cut is exclusive to Arrow Release

Don't get rid of your Arrow Video release if picture quality and extras important to you

Last edited:
A ball of rice on the front and some SMEAT on the back. I don't want a menu, I want a nice steelbook. Strange, it doesn't quite look like Costner
on the inside artwork. It's official. This edition has problems.

I started to play this last night and switched to the Extended version and noticed that it was only playing in DTS 5.1 while the Theatrical could play DTS-HD Master/7.1 DTS:X. Can anyone that has this please confirm this, I want to make sure my copy isn't messed up or something?

I started to play this last night and switched to the Extended version and noticed that it was only playing in DTS 5.1 while the Theatrical could play DTS-HD Master/7.1 DTS:X. Can anyone that has this please confirm this, I want to make sure my copy isn't messed up or something?
Ahhhhh man, I found this on the other site. "The UHD disc does offer under the "Bonus" tab the opportunity to watch the film in its extended version (2:56:01) in 1080p/SDR/DTS 5.1 only, not in 4K/HDR." What a let down. :angry:

• Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja